Nikon D750 & D780

This.^^

Or get both...:D

If funds allowed I would have as many lenses as the wife has shoes... actually, not sure there is that many lenses!

Just been up to feed the horses and took a few pics. Was close to dark so might be shocking but will upload some without any cropping to see how the 28mm looks.

If funds allowed I would have as many lenses as the wife has shoes... actually, not sure there is that many lenses!

Just been up to feed the horses and took a few pics. Was close to dark so might be shocking but will upload some without any cropping to see how the 28mm looks.
Should`nt you change you name to GG......:D:woot::D

Right so borrowed the 28mm for a few test shots this evening. Light was getting very bad so was a good test. Was struggling to obtain focus. Have not cropped these just to get a feel of the 28mm for the horses. I think it may be a little too wide or I just need to practice a lot more with it! Have to get real close for some shots and be careful when including the background as it sucks in a lot of it!

Oscar by Justin Akehurst, on Flickr

Alfie and Red by Justin Akehurst, on Flickr

Merlin and his carrot! by Justin Akehurst, on Flickr

Right so borrowed the 28mm for a few test shots this evening. Light was getting very bad so was a good test. Was struggling to obtain focus. Have not cropped these just to get a feel of the 28mm for the horses. I think it may be a little too wide or I just need to practice a lot more with it! Have to get real close for some shots and be careful when including the background as it sucks in a lot of it!

You just need to practice getting closer than you are used to. IMO.:)

I use my 28mm quite a lot and my 50mm feels like a telephoto these days. But it is all down to what suits the individual - and what you are used to using.

You just need to practice getting closer than you are used to. IMO.:)

I use my 28mm quite a lot and my 50mm feels like a telephoto these days. But it is all down to what suits the individual - and what you are used to using.

Was first time taking it out, not just trying at home shooting random things! Should have taken the 35mm too but left in a rush. There is always tomorrow!

I'm tempted to buy a second hand 105 macro before prices start shooting up. It's something I've never tried and fancy doing some still life stuff too. Not ideal before xmas tho..

I'm tempted to buy a second hand 105 macro before prices start shooting up. It's something I've never tried and fancy doing some still life stuff too. Not ideal before xmas tho..
Spooky I was looking and thinking about a macro lens last night. But didn't want to spend a fortune as I'd probably get bored of it to be honest.
It's one thing that has sort of interested me.

Try a Raynox DCR250 on an existing lens in your collection :) they're about £40
That's the sort of advice I was probably after to be fair.
That's why I like the d750 thread don't have to keep making new posts. It's just a wealth of knowledge on its own without the bitchy bits. Just shows all d750 owners are sensible [emoji2] [emoji2]

Spooky I was looking and thinking about a macro lens last night. But didn't want to spend a fortune as I'd probably get bored of it to be honest.
It's one thing that has sort of interested me.
You don't have to use macro lenses just for macro. ;)

That's the sort of advice I was probably after to be fair.
That's why I like the d750 thread don't have to keep making new posts. It's just a wealth of knowledge on its own without the bitchy bits. Just shows all d750 owners are sensible [emoji2] [emoji2]

I can link to a few of my shots with one when I'm back home, if you want?

The DCR-250 is a great bit of kit, as someone that has used and still use`s one (Spring and Summer time only) and I do a lot of macro here, I would recommend it as a 1st thing to try but it is a bugger to master it but fun trying though.
Not taken with a D750, :(

I think this shot was with the 250

Dinner time by Graham, on Flickr

And possibly this one as well

War of the worlds Spider 2 by Graham, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nice to joing the club!

KVJLVP9.jpg

58mm looks superb, if not a bit costly!

I am totally stuck on the 28/35 decision.

Love my 50mm and that staying. Don't enjoy the 85mm at all and never use it so that's that choice out the way.

I have a choice between the 28mm and 35mm to go with the 50mm.

The obvious choice is the 28/50 combo, it makes sense, they compliment each other and it seems the 'right thing to do'.

But having tested them both together the 28/35 don't seem a huge distance apart for what I shoot. From what I have read, the 35/50 are similar, but from my test shots they do seem quite a lot different!

So the dilemma is 35/50 or 28/50.

The obvious and natural choice is the 28/50 and it probably going to be most peoples choice if wanting a wider lens to go with the 50mm

I need to do some more shooting with the 28 and 35 together before I decide. My friend digs the 85 so I can either take the 35 or 28 in exchange.

I know that no one can really answer this dilemma for me and I believe 99% of people will go 28mm.

Both lenses are pretty similar. Weight is about the same, they are the same width too. The 35mm has a smaller filter thread due to the front element being smaller. The 28mm is about 9mm longer, and both share the same 'g' build quality. On camera the 35mm does feel that little bit more compact due to the length. I'm not sure why the 28mm is so long. Canon make a much more compact 28mm!

I wish there was one clear winner here!!!

Why don't you try a Sigma 24-35mm f2 lens, covers all your wide basis with the 50mm. I have had two, the first I couldn't get right wide open, even with the dock, but by f4 it was as sharp as a razor. The replacement was excellent from the off, but due to my heart attack I decided to return until I'm 100% sure which direction I'm going with my kit.

https://photographylife.com/reviews/sigma-24-35mm-f2-dg-hsm-art/4

http://www.wexphotographic.com/buy-sigma-24-35mm-f2-dg-hsm-art-lens-nikon/p1575832

Last edited:
Going back to horses for a second...

The German for horse is "grassenmunchenklippenkloppen" :runaway:

As you were.;)

Back