Nikon D750 & D780

The days are getting longer. Still cold and misty, but longer.

Minimalistic gas rig.

xrN1t-RlDRBZCa_Yr2wRdRtbND7RVRR628m60jcxE4WQSH24awGcVMXT-OLJ0qAbdxmGMYGYHGTWTeP6AHNCNOYM05eu46TKAV7BtfPNim_EA0rx6l8Tox16UOAQd5qToxUu_SoLjDIaC3Uc5tGOWN6ibYzrz1QuX2vBc16iHAQf5GmgZIKIK36_mKYiu3CV-Esd11RJhYHd5njNxKAozKijka4mPK9DvrxLRuzWF6IpaaT9SDqxyKwMHNwxH3RVPwiGjATD_FN91xlg8lICQkYA0Mj9oiUdJpLhiDVQDvTPKv67p55Dd4ny17Z7N4R5lt7ptvwkAoCoXcT6dQ7BP4FSn1To_xPoS2fdWoYPHdX8PRvxRiKtXWv9gANUf9F40_2ZL8xkgG34jOfjkOuJCzG1uxCAL5KQqLF_fBfiZ-81pRm3JVsy5SVTU6yZi6V-ze7UACHsNDSUKglfcOco8lRgC5JPmP2LB0DFxw3hYsuDL7guNU1SgR816o0HVZ_m3ZTIa2z0pG5lZCp0HDQXqZRQup-qOAeZtu_8pbY_TVXl8Es4_2lUgBz2u-RsIVBDHD-gskcTyXScBhrot_7SOc7TtJP24EcoPp7dnlEGMwUco61136ircA=w900-h601-no

Sunset over the wind farm.

_7500450.jpg

Seen as though these were all shot on the D750 I thought I'd post this here as well...:D

So If anyone has a little spare time on their hands I'd really appreciate any feedback or general comments you'd care to offer on my new website.

It's not finished and there's things I want to refine, but after 10hrs straight at my computer building the site and doing as much SEO as physically possible, I need to step away :confused:

TIA

http://www.adambowery.com/

Seen as though these were all shot on the D750 I thought I'd post this here as well...:D

So If anyone has a little spare time on their hands I'd really appreciate any feedback or general comments you'd care to offer on my new website.

It's not finished and there's things I want to refine, but after 10hrs straight at my computer building the site and doing as much SEO as physically possible, I need to step away :confused:

TIA

I've not scrutinised it and checked spelling etc but my initial thoughts are that it looks a nice clean professional looking site. The only thing is for me the golf pictures in the gallery look a bit out of place and maybe it would be better to have different galleries for conferences and sport events?

I've not scrutinised it and checked spelling etc but my initial thoughts are that it looks a nice clean professional looking site. The only thing is for me the golf pictures in the gallery look a bit out of place and maybe it would be better to have different galleries for conferences and sport events?
Cheers mate. Yeah that's a possibility. Until this morning it was a slideshow so it wasn't so obvious, but I agree I'll now it's in a wall it does stick out.

TIA

Nice and clean looking.

Maybe it's my pokey screen but your logo looks small and hard to read. Also if most people are like me the expect to click on pictures at the top of info columns to get to read more (as well s the 'click here' to read more links). Finally the 'Connect' link on the about page is bust.

TIA

As others have said nice clean slick professional site that gets across what your about, have to agree that the logo is ineffective, it's not so much that it's small but looks faded and lacks impact.
Andy...

It was a last minute decision. I still had reservations about sigma qc then i was pointed in the direction of this lens after the 1.4 nikon was well out the price range.

Oh well if its not good someone is in for it :):)

It was a last minute decision. I still had reservations about sigma qc then i was pointed in the direction of this lens after the 1.4 nikon was well out the price range.

Oh well if its not good someone is in for it :):)

Sure it'll be fine and probably weighs half the Sigma!

Sure it'll be fine and probably weighs half the Sigma!

When you carry about a camera case with a sigma 150-600 and the 70-200 vr1 in it most times i go out, i dont think id worry about the weight difference in the 35mm haha:D:D

Cheers mate. Yeah that's a possibility. Until this morning it was a slideshow so it wasn't so obvious, but I agree I'll now it's in a wall it does stick out.
Having now looked on the computer rather than the iphone I don't actually think they look as out of place. I agree with the others about the logo now too.

TIA

That and you'd get faster and better comments [emoji2]

As said it's just the logo. Struggled to see it on my s7 phone. Need to pop and stand out but in keeping with the rest of the website.
Showed it to the oh. Her comments were " why can't you do something like that." So she just got the shaking of the head.

I found it easy to navigate, pleasing to the eye and it's not overload with info and pictures the balance seems spot on to me

That and you'd get faster and better comments [emoji2]

As said it's just the logo. Struggled to see it on my s7 phone. Need to pop and stand out but in keeping with the rest of the website.
Showed it to the oh. Her comments were " why can't you do something like that." So she just got the shaking of the head.

I found it easy to navigate, pleasing to the eye and it's not overload with info and pictures the balance seems spot on to me

Thanks @kingo15 (and Mrs Kingo!). Yeah the logo is driving me mad. Basically my website is a squarespace template and I can't for the life of me work out how to increase the size in the template I'm using. Actually, I can, and I do know how, but when I increase the size nothing bloody happens! :mad:

Thanks @kingo15 (and Mrs Kingo!). Yeah the logo is driving me mad. Basically my website is a squarespace template and I can't for the life of me work out how to increase the size in the template I'm using. Actually, I can, and I do know how, but when I increase the size nothing bloody happens! :mad:
Change the logo?

I think I'm just going to bin the logo full stop and put my name in
You can always get a new logo at a later date. But a carefully chosen typeface can be all you need for a logo.

Last edited:

TIA

It's got a really clear marketing message, it's obvious what you're trying to sell.
I felt that I ought to have been able to click on the 4 images on the home page to be taken somewhere interesting, but they don't link anywhere.

I'd choose a different pic for exhibitions and conferences - it's a bit wide for the small size it's displayed at. It's also very similar to the shot of HRH.
fwiw I think the pic of Camilla is much more intimate & successful than the one of Charles in full flight.
I'd also choose a different pic for sports - it doesn't look like a classic sport pic so much as a staged group shot, and it too doesn't work at a small size. A golf shot would be better.
I'm not convinced that having your twitter feed so prominently on the front page is a great idea.

hth

I think I'm just going to bin the logo full stop and put my name in
Looks better but I would put in the word Photographer/photography so as to leave no doubt what you are, as at first glance on opening page you could be PR/consultant/advertising etc.

It's got a really clear marketing message, it's obvious what you're trying to sell.
I felt that I ought to have been able to click on the 4 images on the home page to be taken somewhere interesting, but they don't link anywhere.

I'd choose a different pic for exhibitions and conferences - it's a bit wide for the small size it's displayed at. It's also very similar to the shot of HRH.
fwiw I think the pic of Camilla is much more intimate & successful than the one of Charles in full flight.
I'd also choose a different pic for sports - it doesn't look like a classic sport pic so much as a staged group shot, and it too doesn't work at a small size. A golf shot would be better.
I'm not convinced that having your twitter feed so prominently on the front page is a great idea.

hth

Perfect - really good points made there Simon and again, I agree with everything said. I've got hundreds of photos to plow through so I should be able to find some that better fits the descriptions - thanks!

Back