Nikon D750 & D780

Yes, but it works ! ... it's easy to use and it will almost certainly sort out at least one of Esther's dilemnas as it's designed specifically for Nikon by Nikon.
Esther, try running View NX-i, the latest version, free download here :

http://www.nikonusa.com/en/Nikon-Products/Product/Imaging-Software/ViewNX-i.html

When it has installed and running click on 'Transfer' at the top of the screen.
The program will find your camera or storage disk and display how many images there are on it.
Click on 'Start transfer'.
When the transfer has completed, depending on the screen view you choose, the images will open across the bottom of the screen as thumbnails and a large image above.
The images will also automatically transfer into your computer under 'Pictures > Nikon Transfer 2' and under 'Pictures > Image Backup'.
If you are shooting in NEF (RAW) you can also convert them to Jpegs in NX-i.

I would also recommend that you format your SD cards in camera before taking any photographs.

Hope this helps, I too only have a little more than beginner level knowledge of these things.
Ideally she wants to view the images in windows gallery before importing. If she were to use another piece of software to do this I'd recommend Lightroom all day long over NX2. When you transfer to LR directly from an SD card it opens up the thumbnails and you can select which images you want to import, and it's very easy to import into specific folders on your hard drive. Obviously it's not free though, but only £8/month for the subscription.

I still think it's just a matter of selecting the right viewing option for the method she already uses though.

Yeah its not a bad lens, I definitely shall try and get to use it more.

@snerkler ive got my big cat photography booked in for July at woburn. Hopefuly it wont be typical July weather and peeing down.
Cool, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I'm expecting some great photos (y)

haha what with the 35mm lol.

I think i might take a zoom that day.
You joke but when I did my day at Howlets I could have used a 35mm at times ;)

I used my 70-200mm for all 95%+ of my shots, I used the 150-600mm a couple of times when we veered off to the monkey enclosure and deer enclosure but really it just ended up being a heavy lump to carry around.

I was planning on taking everything bar the 150-600 but they say 300mm should be more than enough. i might just take it as by the sounds of it we are in landrovers most of the time. So not too much lugging about

I was planning on taking everything bar the 150-600 but they say 300mm should be more than enough. i might just take it as by the sounds of it we are in landrovers most of the time. So not too much lugging about
Ahh right, sounds a bit different then (y)

May I ask where that is, looks a facinating location. Someone needs to sweep up too!

As for the photo, personally I find the dark part to the right side in the foreground distracting, have you tried cropping it out? Was the lighting simple on camera flash?

It is an old air raid shelter.

The lighting was with a torch.

My shiny new D750 turned up today - DPD deliver in Sundays, who knew!

Was a pretty quick turn around from my house insurance company to get this sorted. Direct Line have been pretty awesome!

My shiny new D750 turned up today - DPD deliver in Sundays, who knew!

Was a pretty quick turn around from my house insurance company to get this sorted. Direct Line have been pretty awesome!
didnt realise youd broken your old one

didnt realise youd broken your old one

I haven't said - been raging about it since it happened lol! Hence my complete lack of any pictures for a while now, but as of today I'm back!

I store all my gear in my think tank back pack. Packed it all up one night ready for the morning jolly out and about the following morning.

Said following morning I picked up the back pack and slung it over my shoulder. What I hadn't done was zip up the bag and my D750 (with 50mm attached) literally flew out the bag and on to my tilled floor. How the 70-200 didn't follow I do not know! It took a hefty hefty know and I cracked a tile in the process! Me - not happy... Wife... not happy either!

How big and heavy is the 150-600 on the D750?

I store all my gear in my think tank back pack. Packed it all up one night ready for the morning jolly out and about the following morning.

Said following morning I picked up the back pack and slung it over my shoulder. What I hadn't done was zip up the bag and my D750 (with 50mm attached) literally flew out the bag and on to my tilled floor. How the 70-200 didn't follow I do not know! It took a hefty hefty know and I cracked a tile in the process! Me - not happy... Wife... not happy either!
That sounds unlucky. I've have a few front opening bags (not the think tank ones) that I've hoped that would never happen with. I'm happier with the back opening ones as I always hope I would notice it's still open when picking it up by the strap.

If you are going to be in a Land Rover all day it sounds like there won't be a weight penalty in taking it, even if it just sits in your backpack all day it's better having it available and not needing it than needing it and not having it, especially if this isn't going to be a trip you are going to repeat.

That sounds unlucky. I've have a few front opening bags (not the think tank ones) that I've hoped that would never happen with. I'm happier with the back opening ones as I always hope I would notice it's still open when picking it up by the strap.

I always always zip up the main compartment... but I guess not always!

ooops almost done that before myself to be honest when ive got out the car after ive been buzzard and kite chasing

Its a bit of weight but with it in the slide strap now then i dont notice it at all tbh. But when i lift the back back up with the d750, 150-600 and the 70-200 in it you definitely know you've picked it up.

If you are going to be in a Land Rover all day it sounds like there won't be a weight penalty in taking it, even if it just sits in your backpack all day it's better having it available and not needing it than needing it and not having it, especially if this isn't going to be a trip you are going to repeat.
Yeah thats what i was thinking as long as i dont get some over excited numpty trying to trample all over it to get their picture.

ooops almost done that before myself to be honest when ive got out the car after ive been buzzard and kite chasing

So used to using a messenger bag I just chucked it in my shoulder without a 2nd thought! Need to try the 50mm now to check all is ok with that.

Muppet. Doesn't sound good, but glad you're insurance worked out for you. Did they want you to try and fix it or were they just happy to fork out for new?
The lens is 1.9kg. Not the end of the world but still quite a bit of excess weight if you don't need it ;)

Happy to go new thankfully! Just lucky we have 2k per item or would have been screwed.

1.9kg, that's not too bad considering... Still heavy though!

Over Xmas I did a similar thing; had a Lowepro 400aw and was out going from one place to another. Got to a new spot and forgot that I'd swapped lens, went to the boot of the car and picked up the pack by its strap to throw it on my back only for the 70-200 to drop out onto the road as I hadn't zipped up the back of it. Amazingly, not a mark on it - clearly got very lucky! More cautious now!

New line of Sigma lenses look interesting, in particular the 24-70 F2.8 and the 135mm F1.8. Been after something longer than the 85mm and the Nikon 105 is too expensive.

New line of Sigma lenses look interesting, in particular the 24-70 F2.8 and the 135mm F1.8. Been after something longer than the 85mm and the Nikon 105 is too expensive.
No one knows how much the Sigma 135mm f/1.8 is going to cost though...

Back