Nikon D750 & D780

I did my shoulder 2 years April, same thing. Had the op to put a bar right across with 6 screws right through, was a proper mess. I don't like carrying stuff on that shoulder any more, but generally it doesn't give me any grief. How long ago was yours Justin? Took me about 14 months until I could lie on it for any longer than a minute, I don't sleep that side like I used to now.

Bear with me... and good luck if you make it till the end!!

So I went to work one day with what looked like one of those bruises on my shin that you get from footie, or walking in to a bed/cabinet etc!

Next day, another appeared, then another, then started on my arms. It looked like every night someone had beaten me with a baseball bat! It got so bad I was struggling to get up stairs, walk or do anything.

So after going to and from the doctors/hospital and after loads of blood being taken, x-rays etc I was diagnosed with a condition called Sarcoidosis. It's quite rare and there is no real knowledge of how you catch it or who will catch it. Can't be passed on though.

Side effect of this is a condition called erythema nodosum (these names!!) which was all the swelling on my legs and arms.

Basically your immune system attacks itself and your organs - mainly the lungs. It can be graded 1-10 and I was lucky I was on the low side. There is no real treatment - you basically have to rest and wait for your immune system to fight back.

My end result was 4 months of work and lungs that are permanently scarred. They run at around 75%. Luckily for me, my symptoms have gone. Some people never recover and in bad cases have to carry emergency oxygen with them.

I get a full check up every year just to make sure all is ok.

So, this then leads on to my arm/shoulder (good luck if you have made it this far!).

The swelling and bruises took ages to go, and left me very weak muscle wise. To help improve I was doing special excercises and then took it upon myself to start mountain bike riding. This was all going great until I was travelling at around 22mph (according to strava!) when my wheel got lodged in a dip and just stopped... I didn't and travelled over the bars landing square on my right shoulder.

So that took me back a few steps and now trying to rebuild up the strength and muscle.

It's not so much the holding the lens, as can support with both hands, but the action of pulling it up from my side.

Guess that's why the 50g is my favourite lens lol.

I do try push myself and then get annoyed when it doesn't work out! I bought @minnnt 24-70 but just couldn't hold it steady enough without VR. It's more frustrating than anything else.

I'm not ruling out the 70-200 2.8, just going to make sure it's the right thing to do. Not going to keep it 'just in case' things improve. Will get some indoor shooting on the go and see what happens!

If not MPB offer pretty much what I paid for it or I'm sure someone will buy it on here. No doubting it's a killer lens, the build is just class!

Anyway, hope I have not bored you to death with my essay!!

@ JJ! Sounds similar to me - systemic lupus erythematosus - immune system problems - life sucks but luckily mines not too bad too.

@ JJ! Sounds similar to me - systemic lupus erythematosus - immune system problems - life sucks but luckily mines not too bad too.

Getting diagnosed is the easy part, saying what it is seems harder lol!

Getting diagnosed is the easy part, saying what it is seems harder lol!

SLE is the easier way of saying it!

I am sorry to hear that you guys are being afflicted with these autoimmune/vasculitic conditions.

Great to see that it's not stopping you guys and your pics though.

So I went to work one day with what looked like one of those bruises on my shin that you get from footie, or walking in to a bed/cabinet etc!

Next day, another appeared, then another, then started on my arms. It looked like every night someone had beaten me with a baseball bat! It got so bad I was struggling to get up stairs, walk or do anything.

So after going to and from the doctors/hospital and after loads of blood being taken, x-rays etc I was diagnosed with a condition called Sarcoidosis. It's quite rare and there is no real knowledge of how you catch it or who will catch it. Can't be passed on though.

Side effect of this is a condition called erythema nodosum (these names!!) which was all the swelling on my legs and arms.

Basically your immune system attacks itself and your organs - mainly the lungs. It can be graded 1-10 and I was lucky I was on the low side. There is no real treatment - you basically have to rest and wait for your immune system to fight back.

My end result was 4 months of work and lungs that are permanently scarred. They run at around 75%. Luckily for me, my symptoms have gone. Some people never recover and in bad cases have to carry emergency oxygen with them.

So, this then leads on to my arm/shoulder (good luck if you have made it this far!).

The swelling and bruises took ages to go, and left me very weak muscle wise. To help improve I was doing special excercises and then took it upon myself to start mountain bike riding. This was all going great until I was travelling at around 22mph (according to strava!) when my wheel got lodged in a dip and just stopped... I didn't and travelled over the bars landing square on my right shoulder.

So that took me back a few steps and now trying to rebuild up the strength and muscle.

It's not so much the holding the lens, as can support with both hands, but the action of pulling it up from my side.

I do try push myself and then get annoyed when it doesn't work out! I bought @minnnt 24-70 but just couldn't hold it steady enough without VR. It's more frustrating than anything else.

I'm not ruling out the 70-200 2.8, just going to make sure it's the right thing to do. Not going to keep it 'just in case' things improve. Will get some indoor shooting on the go and see what happens!

If not MPB offer pretty much what I paid for it or I'm sure someone will buy it on here. No doubting it's a killer lens, the build is just class!

Ouch [emoji33]

Anyway tapping a keyboard or phone wont build your muscles up need to them cans of beans out and use them ;)

Anyway tapping a keyboard or phone wont build your muscles up need to them cans of beans out and use them ;)

lol - too true! I have been getting soaked sorting out the horse this evening. Weather is not very nice!

Blimey, you have been in the wars! Mine was my own stupidity, thinking I'm an invincible teenager again. Certainly knocked the stuffing out of me and quite minor in comparison.

Assume you're still doing some physio, is it helping? Maybe a monopod might help. Haven't used mine for years but I'd give it a go especially with a 70-200. Still a little unwieldy though if you're moving around a lot. I guess the only good with mine was that it was my left side.

Yeah still working on getting it stronger! If the lens stays or goes, the D750 will remain!

VR suffers vignetting on FF if that helps you to decide? I think both suffer focus breathing, but not sure the VR is as bad as the VRII.
How so you carry it/which strap?

Wel last night the camera club had a visit fro LCE and they brought along various cameras and lens including a number of brands that weren't Nikon!!!! Anyway they happened to have a D750 and the latest Nikkor 70-200 wow just wow what a lens but not worth £2500!!! even the guy form LCE said look at the VRII so I will be keeping my eyes open for one. I was surprised after reading how heavy it was that I didn't find it too bad.

Wel last night the camera club had a visit fro LCE and they brought along various cameras and lens including a number of brands that weren't Nikon!!!! Anyway they happened to have a D750 and the latest Nikkor 70-200 wow just wow what a lens but not worth £2500!!! even the guy form LCE said look at the VRII so I will be keeping my eyes open for one. I was surprised after reading how heavy it was that I didn't find it too bad.

The new 70-200 gets mostly rave reviews! But having just got to VRII version, it seems awesome too. The cost of the new one is huge at the moment, but with latest price hikes the VRII is still quite expensive.

Trouble is as explained above, mine could well be up for sale soon.

That good eh? How did it feel with the zoom and focus ring reversed?

Silly money though as you say.

The new 70-200 gets mostly rave reviews! But having just got to VRII version, it seems awesome too. The cost of the new one is huge at the moment, but with latest price hikes the VRII is still quite expensive.

Trouble is as explained above, mine could well be up for sale soon.

Sounds like your wanting keep the f4??

Having not read the previous 26,577 posts !!!

I'm about to enter the D750 world and just wondered if anyone had any 'essential' set-up tips for making the best of them? :)

Dave
Setting the record button to ISO is a must imo. Also I find it useful to set my menu to the front Fn button.

House stuff has been getting in the way of photography, but I'm getting loads of wedding enquiries for 2018 at the moment which is good and I think I'm finally happy with the website.... maybe.

Now I just need to get out and shoot, @minnnt I'm taking some time off in April and hoping to get up to the peaks :)

Having not read the previous 26,577 posts !!!

I'm about to enter the D750 world and just wondered if anyone had any 'essential' set-up tips for making the best of them? :)

Dave
If you had read all the other posts you'd know that a screen protector is essential. (y)

Film cameras for 20+ years then - D100 - then D2Xs - then D300 - then D7000 - then D7200 - next D750 :)

Dave

I went from D7000 - D750, and now only have lens GAS.

They don't like cards that have been formatted in other cameras, so you might need new cards for it sadly. I use the sandisk extreme 95mb/s ones

I went from D7000 - D750, and now only have lens GAS.

They don't like cards that have been formatted in other cameras, so you might need new cards for it sadly. I use the sandisk extreme 95mb/s ones

Ooh that's odd - and a genuine comment of help - which itself is odd :D

Thanks

Dave

Ooh that's odd - and a genuine comment of help - which itself is odd :D

Thanks

Dave

Seems hit and miss, but if you stick a card in and get an error after a few shots, that'll probably be what it is.

And apologies, I'll be less helpful in future.

I hear P for professional is good.

Careful. Rookies might try tempting you over to the D500 thread.
Very misleading information there mate. Ive never for once tempt anyone or tell anyone what kit to have....

Very misleading information there mate. Ive never for once tempt anyone or tell anyone what kit to have....

But you've tried it all out and come back to the D750 so we don't have to... ;)

Back