Nikon D750 & D780

That was quick. [emoji106]
I don't mess about ;)

TBH just good timing, Harrison's just posted a couple that were relatively cheap, and then I got more money off than I was was expecting so arguably got it cheaper than buying private (certainly compared to the going rate on here recently) and got 12 months warranty (y)

Thought I would get out early this morning as no chance tomorrow when going to the photography show at the NEC. I've been meaning to try a local spot for Hares for a while. It was nice to find some even if they were mostly on the other side of a rather large field! It was a nice morning to sit in a field watching the Hares run about on the other side of the field even if the photography wasn't so good. I saw my first 'boxing' albeit from a distance but nice to see all the same.

This is the best I got this morning, I think I may need a longer lens!!

Lying Low
by Rob Cain, on Flickr

Did anyone see Russell Savory's electrical cart for his Hare photography on Inside Out London? Its one way to silently sneak up on them!

Did you hear about the bald headed man,drew rabbits all over his head,from a distance they looked like hares :banana:

Did you hear about the bald headed man,drew rabbits all over his head,from a distance they looked like hares :banana:
Not heard that one for about 20 years ;)

Now just to test it for a couple of weeks... hope the lab coat's been washed.
Lab coat was taken to test the lens ;) I was surprised in the sample variation, just looking at 1:1 in the viewfinder there was a difference in sharpness between the two they had. Of course, it could just be one needed fine tuning, but my basic AF accuracy test in store showed that neither showed obvious front/back focus. I obviously went for the sharper lens (just so happened to be the slightly better condition one too), only 'negative' was that this one has no box. Has the hood and case etc though, not going to lose sleep over the box ;)

It'll be like the good old days when you used to get a toy in the cereal box. Well, so I was told anyway.

I bet Snerkler can remember. [emoji38]
I remember [emoji12]

I note the Siggy 135 is launching at £1300. Wow! Hoping to check one out at the Photography Show tomorrow. Don't think it will be on the shopping list just yet.

It'll be like the good old days when you used to get a toy in the cereal box. Well, so I was told anyway.

I bet Snerkler can remember. :LOL:

Those toys were awesome! Or the masks you could make from the back of the pack!

And remember these...

original

Those toys were awesome! Or the masks you could make from the back of the pack!

And remember these...

original
OMG, now there's a blast from the past, had loads of those. Went with my spokey dokeys :ROFLMAO:

:LOL:

Oh f*** yeah!!! And then stupid twating bead things that used to make so much noise that your mum wouldn't let you go anywhere with her on your bike.

:LOL:
You mean those spokey dokeys I just mentioned ;)

S'all about the crushed can stuck on your back wheel by the brake to make it sounds like you had a motorbike.
Nah, folded/flipped mudguard to make it sound like a motorbike ;)

Did anyone have one of those yellow mini megaphone bicycle 'bells' with different sirens on?

S'all about the crushed can stuck on your back wheel by the brake to make it sounds like you had a motorbike.
That, or a bit of plastic attached to the front fork or rear frame with a clothes peg.

Ah to be ten again. Jumpers for goalposts, etc., etc.

Did anyone have one of those yellow mini megaphone bicycle 'bells' with different sirens on?

No but I had a full disco thing on the handlebars that flashed some lights and chatted some sick beatz as I rode up and down the driveway.

Then I got serious and got a racer and a full set of lycra team kit from one of the teams in the TDF. I was MEGA cool.

Check me now.

I note the Siggy 135 is launching at £1300. Wow! Hoping to check one out at the Photography Show tomorrow. Don't think it will be on the shopping list just yet.
£1300 or £1399.99? I thought it was the later (as reported in the "New Sigma Lenses" thread)

Anyone been to the NEC today? I was planning on going but I'm off to the football tomorrow instead...

Any bargains about?

Anyone been to the NEC today? I was planning on going but I'm off to the football tomorrow instead...

Any bargains about?
I'm going tomorrow, will let you know. Rookies knows some that have gone today and they've not rated it apparently.

Any bargains about?
There's always bargains, remember, whatever they sell it for they are still making a profit. You just think that your getting a bargain [emoji14]

Back