Nikon D750 & D780

Dubai is a nice place. It may stay a while. :D

Just received acknowledgement of my D750 from Nikon and it looks like it's taking them 2 weeks to turn the fixes around.

Paid last Thursday with Panamoz, still not here yet. UPS then told me it was due to arrive today, which it didn't and it's currently on holiday in Dubai.

Wish the poxy thing would stop being so reluctant about it's inevitable journey to the UK!

You can track the whole journey on the UPS website.

I applied on 20th Jan and received confirmation email same day but still not sent off my D750. Can I use these details and send off the camera or do I need to re-apply.
Cheers:)
I didn't send mine off for 2 weeks. Used the same set of details and they've accepted it for repair today. I would have thought you'd be okay.

Paid last Thursday with Panamoz, still not here yet. UPS then told me it was due to arrive today, which it didn't and it's currently on holiday in Dubai.

Wish the poxy thing would stop being so reluctant about it's inevitable journey to the UK!

Sorry to hear this I cant fault them, have you emailed Tina? im sure she will do her best to sort it.....

My UPS order stayed in Dubai for a couple of days while another member's was in Germany then the UK then randomly mine updated and it was in my local dispatch office

Sorry to hear this I cant fault them, have you emailed Tina? im sure she will do her best to sort it.....

My UPS order stayed in Dubai for a couple of days while another member's was in Germany then the UK then randomly mine updated and it was in my local dispatch office

I initially ordered it on Thursday, emailed Tina on Wednesday after asking why it still hadn't left. To be fair she couldn't have tried much harder and made sure it went out that day, the tracking number changed too for some reason so maybe it was a problem at their end?

Went immediately after that, however UPS keep changing their delivery dates. Just got an update to say it's left it's Dubai stay so hopefully it'll be here tomorrow like it's scheduled! :D

Morning D750 owners! I know it's my first pro camera but by Jesus it's bloody amazing!'

Anyway quick question does anyone know how to switch the little LCD off when your cameras not being used?
I presume it will be using battery for no need and I guess if you take the battery out you'll have to reset the time at some point :(

Morning D750 owners! I know it's my first pro camera but by Jesus it's bloody amazing!'

Anyway quick question does anyone know how to switch the little LCD off when your cameras not being used?
I presume it will be using battery for no need and I guess if you take the battery out you'll have to reset the time at some point :(
It always stays on. Hardly uses any power doing so too.

It always stays on. Hardly uses any power doing so too.

Thanks for the reply!

I thought It would only use a tiny bit but still if I don't end up using the camera for a week or 2 it's still a bit of a waste

If I took the battery out would the clock then stop? Butt then I'm sure I've seen in the options about setting the clock off the location or something

The top LCD panel is powered by a small battery which is charged by the big battery (and also runs the internal clock). It uses a negligible amount of power - I have an old D70 which hasn't been used for 6 months or so and the display's still fine and the clock's still right(ish!) Think how tiny a watch battery is and how long it lasts.

The top LCD panel is powered by a small battery which is charged by the big battery (and also runs the internal clock). It uses a negligible amount of power - I have an old D70 which hasn't been used for 6 months or so and the display's still fine and the clock's still right(ish!) Think how tiny a watch battery is and how long it lasts.

Thank you very valid point I'll stop worrying about it haha

Thank you very valid point I'll stop worrying about it haha
On older nikons the display would show "clock" when the internal battery was running low. All that meant was put a regular battery in to recharge the internal battery. And if you didn't? The camera forgot what time it was. That's all.

Thanks for the reply!

I thought It would only use a tiny bit but still if I don't end up using the camera for a week or 2 it's still a bit of a waste

If I took the battery out would the clock then stop? Butt then I'm sure I've seen in the options about setting the clock off the location or something

No, Lithium batteries will discharge slowly in any event over a period of time. Taking them out won't stop the discharge.

If anyone is waiting a long period of time for their returns label give them a call and they will send you it that day. Just called them today and they done it for both my cameras

sent mine off Wednesday - no receipt received as yet. There must be quite a lot of cameras to be fixed - just wonder how many and whether a good job will be done given the scope of the problem - this mega thing on top of all the normal work the repair facilities have to cope with.

sent mine off Wednesday - no receipt received as yet. There must be quite a lot of cameras to be fixed - just wonder how many and whether a good job will be done given the scope of the problem - this mega thing on top of all the normal work the repair facilities have to cope with.

I sent mine on Monday, due back early March, so yes looks like they going to be busy :)

For the users that have got their repaired cameras back have you any feedback? People that had the issue have you noticed much difference re flaring etc

how did you find the website link ? what ref did you use and can you post a link to the particular Nikon website you used - there are several.

The main Nikon UK one at Kingston. I'm out and about at the moment but I'll try and post a link tomorrow when I get back to a desktop ( mobile only ) Nikon should have given your reference numbers in the email. You need two one is the number printer on the label. The other is the customer number.

how did you find the website link ? what ref did you use and can you post a link to the particular Nikon website you used - there are several.
Once Nikon have acknowledged receipt of your camera they'll email you the info you need to track your repair. Having the link to the repair tracking page is useless without the info contained in that email.

Cheers Will - just wonder how long it takes to just ack receipt of the camera - after all these cameras are not exactly throw away goodies and we miss 'em !! Right now the most valuable possession is my 'proof of posting'.

Cheers Will - just wonder how long it takes to just ack receipt of the camera - after all these cameras are not exactly throw away goodies and we miss 'em !! Right now the most valuable possession is my 'proof of posting'.
I posted mine on a Saturday and got my email on the Wednesday. I was able to track it via the Parcel Force website in-between. Do you have a tracking ref to see where it's at?

I posted mine on Thursday morning & received acknowledgement of receipt from Nikon on Friday afternoon.

Back