Nikon D750 & D780

Getting a bit fed up waiting for mine to come back. I have had an acknowledgement of the 3rd March which will be 3 weeks since I sent it. Have a weekend away in London next week and was really hoping to have it back for that. Mind you, if the weather's anything like this weekend I probably won't miss it.

Think I might wait for the D750s. I'm sure it'll be released in the next couple of weeks. :D

I gave them a chase today, reckon a week turnaround so I'm in with a shout before the weekend, fingers crossed.

Today received my acknowledgement of receipt of camera from Nikon UK . Estimated return 9th march which I am happy with .

does anyone else think the turn round on the d750 is longer than it should be considering it is nikon that decides when you send yours back,mine as been on the nikon shelves for 9 days now awaiting repair seems a long time to me ,just my thoughts though

does anyone else think the turn round on the d750 is longer than it should be considering it is nikon that decides when you send yours back,mine as been on the nikon shelves for 9 days now awaiting repair seems a long time to me ,just my thoughts though

It looks like more and more people are sending them back now so I would have thought the turn around will increase! If you'd sent it at the first opportunity you might have had it back or if you'd held out long it might be quicker it's probably just you've sent it in at a busier time so will take longer

The problem is that Nikon UK have run out of parts. More have been ordered from Japan but these are being sea freighted by container. It's estimated that the ship will arrive in the UK in 4 weeks time. It would appear the the demand to fix the D750 is unprecedented. It must be costing Nikon a fortune !

The problem is that Nikon UK have run out of parts. More have been ordered from Japan but these are being sea freighted by container. It's estimated that the ship will arrive in the UK in 4 weeks time. It would appear the the demand to fix the D750 is unprecedented. It must be costing Nikon a fortune !
hope this isnt the case as it will be another 4 weeks,if this is the case then why send a returns form out if they dont have the repair parts

just phoned nikon after the 4 week scare to be told the camera has been designated a technician for today and could possibly be back at the end of the week phew

Are all D750 being return to Nikon?

anyone know the chance of getting one that needs to be modified?

Has the problem(s) now been resolved on the latest being supply by Hdew or similar?

I'm thinking about getting one, but can wait especially if there is a chance that I will have to send it to Nikon UK as that would not be too convenient for me

I have had mine for just over a week now , brought from Panamoz, great service by the way. when I received it , it had no black dot on it, panic. but after checking it out on the Nikon site, it came up with no, recall needed. So ob a complete new batch.

Has the problem(s) now been resolved on the latest being supply by Hdew or similar?

I'm thinking about getting one, but can wait especially if there is a chance that I will have to send it to Nikon UK as that would not be too convenient for me

I THINK that any new ones on the shelves now will be either fixed or of a batch that had the unaffected part fitted as new so you'll PROBABLY be OK. Note the bolded upper case words though... Check with the retailer before purchasing one.

I got one recently from HDEW and cannot replicate the problem.

Just a small update if anyone wants to GeoTag with the D750 buy a smartphone app called MotionX-GPS let that track you and make a GPX file then just sync them in Lightroom!

I tried it out this weekend before my trip to the lakes and it works a treat!

Ben, really interested in this and had the app for some time but never really figured out how to use it. I assume you need to manually sync the time between the camera and the phone ?

Any chance of a quick how to and I'll give it a try this week (please) ?

Ive just jumped on to the Nikon as I have left the Canon area sold it all up had a Canon 5D3. In honesty to my eyes this D750 beats it hand down really love it... Mine a new batch phew

Took a risk and sold my D750 despite it being 'on the list' with no black dot. Sold it for what I paid for it, demand seems to be outstripping supply right now.

Took a risk and sold my D750 despite it being 'on the list' with no black dot. Sold it for what I paid for it, demand seems to be outstripping supply right now.
When did you buy yours?

Mine got not black dot and not on the list I think it cos mine in one of the new batch?

The black dot is only done on the ones that been repaired

When did you buy yours?

Mine got not black dot and not on the list I think it cos mine in one of the new batch?

The black dot is only done on the ones that been repaired

November, my serial number is on the list and I was down for a repair, but I decided not to keep the D750 (unrelated to the flare). Took a chance selling it before it was 'repaired' and it seemed to pay off.

I see. Well it a fantastic camera prob good job I wasn't a early adaptor for it lol

You going to get another?

Fuji X-T1 for me, the D750 is more camera than I need in all honesty, amazing though it is.

Nothing really lost given I bought from HDEW and sold it at pretty much the same price

Mine will have to go back to them next month. Even if I took it up to Nikon myself and collected it when done, I'm not sure they'd have it ready for me before the Iceland trip. Never mind, it was a known and calculated risk when I bought it.

Mine will have to go back to them next month. Even if I took it up to Nikon myself and collected it when done, I'm not sure they'd have it ready for me before the Iceland trip. Never mind, it was a known and calculated risk when I bought it.
mine should be back today took 13 days from sending if that helps

Good service from Nikon my D750 has been with them for 2.5 weeks. It's on it's way back courtesy of DPD. They have given me an hours slot when it will be delivered by Rich the driver. That means I don't have to hang about all day. Now that's good service.

Are they all going back to correct a fault that may never occur, or is it a common fault that appears most of the time when you take images?

never noticed anything on mine like a lot of other people but thought it would be better done in case i sell it at any time

Are they all going back to correct a fault that may never occur, or is it a common fault that appears most of the time when you take images?

Bill if you read through the thread you will see that the majority of owners couldn't replicate the flare. Nikon done a callback to fix the issue free of charge even if you couldn't replicate it!

The cameras seemed to be pulled from sale at places like Panamoz, as Nikon repaired or replaced the affected batches. If you bought one from Panamoz who have a high turnover it would be highly unlikely you would have an affected camera.

Bill if you read through the thread you will see that the majority of owners couldn't replicate the flare. Nikon done a callback to fix the issue free of charge even if you couldn't replicate it!

The cameras seemed to be pulled from sale at places like Panamoz, as Nikon repaired or replaced the affected batches. If you bought one from Panamoz who have a high turnover it would be highly unlikely you would have an affected camera.

Thanks Simon - suspected this - but only skimmed the 71 pages of posting for obvious reasons - (I'm up with "the birds" most of the time)

I tried really hard to replicate the fault before Nikon acknowledged the problem. I never experienced the issue. When Nikon issued the call back I put my serial number in and the web site stated it was affected. I thought if ever I do sell it then I need to have the fix done so it doesn't come back to bite. Mine arrived back half an hour ago.

mine should be back today took 13 days from sending if that helps

We're off in 12 days and at before crack of sparrow fart on the 10th March so even 13 days would be too long! Haven't been able to replicate the flare but haven't tried that hard to do so either. Mine is apparently of the batch that needs the remedial work and it will be going back to them for it on our return.

my concern is that if I buy one I do not want to "send it back" as I spend little time in the UK - I want to use it - not sure Nikon would mail it back to France if I bought it from say Hdew?

All the French "grey importers" state clearly that they are based in HK and do not pay VAT - so I reckon if I bought one in France it would get caught in customs - I would rather buy one in the UK anyway …..

Happy to take the chance anyway as, from what I have read, I do not think the problem is too concerning

my concern is that if I buy one I do not want to "send it back" as I spend little time in the UK - I want to use it - not sure Nikon would mail it back to France if I bought it from say Hdew?

All the French "grey importers" state clearly that they are based in HK and do not pay VAT - so I reckon if I bought one in France it would get caught in customs - I would rather buy one in the UK anyway …..

Happy to take the chance anyway as, from what I have read, I do not think the problem is too concerning

If u buy one now it be fine as all are we batch in UK now. As faulty ones got recalled.

Panamoz have them ;) and they supply fixed units and a brilliant service

Please don't tell me they have cured D750s in stock or I'll have no excuses left to keep my money in the bank...:eek:

Back