Nikon D750 & D780

Go on get one it a awesome piece of tool

I've got my D750 back in the week Nikon replaced the following:-
Front Body Unit, Side Rubber Unit and grip unit. I can only guess this has resulted in the re-positioning of the sensor to eliminate the internal flair issue. Black Dot also added in the tripod bush. Looks like there has been a full factory reset (as expected) I'm going to reconfigure my preferences and give it a good evaluation. The camera was well packed and has come back in excellent condition.

I should add that I never experienced the flair issue in the first place but the Nikon website did suggest it was an effected camera when I first entered the serial number. Made perfect sense to get the modification done early doors, also should I decide to sell it in the future, this question is bound to be raised.

Last edited:
my concern is that if I buy one I do not want to "send it back" as I spend little time in the UK - I want to use it - not sure Nikon would mail it back to France if I bought it from say Hdew?

All the French "grey importers" state clearly that they are based in HK and do not pay VAT - so I reckon if I bought one in France it would get caught in customs - I would rather buy one in the UK anyway …..

Happy to take the chance anyway as, from what I have read, I do not think the problem is too concerning

If you buy from Panamoz (their stock is new and doesn't have the 'problem') then I imagine they'd be happy to send to France. They also say that if you get hit with customs charges they'll refund you, and I have no doubt they would based on my experience with their customer services.

If you buy from Panamoz (their stock is new and doesn't have the 'problem') then I imagine they'd be happy to send to France. They also say that if you get hit with customs charges they'll refund you, and I have no doubt they would based on my experience with their customer services.

Has to be worth a try, the customer service is second to none .... Fact

A friend of mine is looking at a D750, to be honest so am I in a few months time, either that or a 5d mkiii. Just wondering if the flare problem has been sorted out or is this something to consider when ordering one? Also are there any other problems that need to be addressed or already have been?

I've seen some stuff about a dot i the tripod mount? What's what about?

Also is the D750 capable of 1080p video at 50-60fps without any hacks, like is it a standard setting? I know the 5d mkiii can only do 720p at 60fps unless you use Magic Lantern. To be honest that's the deal breaker for me when deciding between these two comaeras.

I know this has probably been covered a few times but it's easier to keep track of this thread rather than reading loads from google.

Cheers!

It's awesome!

Yeah all fixed

The dot represents the fault being fixed but it's only present on units sent back for repair if they were bought after the fix was applied it hasn't got the dot

Can't answer for the video as I don't use it

Just putting it out there the D750 is better than the 5d mkiii........ FACT

A friend of mine is looking at a D750, to be honest so am I in a few months time, either that or a 5d mkiii. Just wondering if the flare problem has been sorted out or is this something to consider when ordering one? Also are there any other problems that need to be addressed or already have been?

I've seen some stuff about a dot i the tripod mount? What's what about?

Also is the D750 capable of 1080p video at 50-60fps without any hacks, like is it a standard setting? I know the 5d mkiii can only do 720p at 60fps unless you use Magic Lantern. To be honest that's the deal breaker for me when deciding between these two comaeras.

I know this has probably been covered a few times but it's easier to keep track of this thread rather than reading loads from google.

Cheers!
According to Nikon http://www.europe-nikon.com/en_GB/product/digital-cameras/slr/professional/d750

"1920 x 1080; 60 p (progressive), 50 p, 30 p, 25 p, 24 p. 1280 x 720; 60 p, 50 p. Actual frame rates for 60 p, 50 p, 30 p, 25 p and 24 p are 59.94, 50, 29.97, 25 and 23.976 fps respectively; options support both high and normal image quality"

So looks like 1080p up to 60fps.

Yes I agree D750 wipe the floor off the 5d mkiii as I've just moved over from one. The 5dmkiii doesn't come close to D750 so glad I sold it. Am so happy with the D750 so much better pictures.

cheers, I'll get one ordered up some point soon. With only shooting canon so far if I'm honest I wanted the 5d3 to be better lol. I'm starting my gear from scratch because non of my kit is worthy of a better body and I'm not upto date with any Nikon stuff. I'll also be getting the nikkor 24-70 f2.8 and the 70-200 F. 2.8. I'm guessing they are the equivalent of Canon's L series?

Yes those the 2 lens to go for they are better according to some reviews too

I had enough with canon they too far behind Nikon are up there

Has anyone seen any tests or video to prove that the repaired or new cameras are not still suffering from the flare issue?

Not seen any test but I've not had any problems with my 5 days old one. It brilliant. Sometime I think my 5S3 suffered from it that I got rid of as the D750 really is a stunner

Yup, my mind is made up. Got a nice shopping list from Panomoz. D750 body, Nikkor 24-70 f/2.8 and 70-200 f/2.8... Not bad at all for £3.5k, even less if I pay by bank transfer. those two lenses are the ones I'll be using the most. When I get other lenses I'll probably get the 14mm Samyang (for night stuff which I do the most) and the 150-600 Sigma, that'll do just nicely:D I'll just have to stretch my budget a bit more after I order some more parts for my project car then I'll be good to go (y)

Originally when I was shopping for the 5D3 I was going to get the Tamron 24-70 f/2.8, but Panomoz have stopped selling it due to too many problems which has put me off it. Also the 5D3 isn't exactly new now, the D750 only came out last year and I want it to last a loooong time.

Last edited:
Not seen any test but I've not had any problems with my 5 days old one. It brilliant. Sometime I think my 5S3 suffered from it that I got rid of as the D750 really is a stunner
Was yours a new one or a repair? if new were from?

Forgot to ask what is the built in intervalometer like in the d750? I've been using magic lantern with my Canon so I don't have an external one. Can you set the d750 so there is no interval between shots, for star trails etc?

ordered today

D750 and a Sigma 35 1.4 ART....

Wahoo.....I just played with an image I took on a hired 750 and the shadow recovery at ISO100 was 4 stops, without grain / noise...

Mental...

cant wait to get this up and running.

ordered today

Wahoo.....I just played with an image I took on a hired 750 and the shadow recovery at ISO100 was 4 stops, without grain / noise...

Mental...

What camera u coming from? What reason for that lens as trying decide between that and 24-70

What camera u coming from? What reason for that lens as trying decide between that and 24-70

5D mark 2 and Canon 35 1.4L.

Im moving from Canon (2 X 5D2 , 35 , 50, 85) to Nikon so selling my gear slowly over the next few months.

I generally shoot most of a wedding with 35 / 85 combination. I have a canon 24-70 f2.8L as well as the 85 1.2 L.

The reason for the sigma is that the reviews are awesome and its half the price of the Nik Equivalent. Its pin sharp, built like a tank and a lot less than the nik....

Final set up will look like
2 X D750
35 1.4 ART
85 1.4 (either Nikon or Sigma ART when available)

Then, as funds permit
24mm 1.4
50mm something or other
And something longer like 135mm.

The annoying thing is that the canon 50 1.2, 85 1.2, and 135 are amazing lenses, and if I could have a canon Nikon combination I would.

But the price of the D750 new is less than a S/H 5D3, and it beats it in terms of AF speed. AF in low light and dynamic range.

I will have to post the shot I jut edited. I exposed for a stormy sky, keeping al the highlights and pulled up the shadows by 4 stops. At 100ISO there was no noise / grain....Nothing. In fact I added grain to the final image. The details in the windows of the buildings was incredible...

I will post it up tonight.

ordered today

Mental...

You're just rubbing it in now lol. An unexpected vet visit today and other things begging for my money are delaying me ordering mine :(

All of these good reviews are doing nothing for me trying to resist buying a D750.........

Am I right in thinking the D750 takes the same battery as the D7000?

Yes it will fit the D750 - no problem at all !

Thanks now you see thats another reason why I should buiy one I can sell my D3100 keep the D7000 as a backup and I have several spare batteries for the D7000......

I'm looking at the D750 and 24-120 lens

I already have

a sigma 10-20 Lens
Nikon 50mm 1.8 D
Tamron 18-200 this is the lens that I normally leave on the D7000
Nikon 70-300

and the 18-55 Kit lens I got with the D3100 which I may as well sell with the 3100.......

Not used those batterers but I have Duracell spares and they are pretty damn good & reasonably priced.

5D mark 2 and Canon 35 1.4L.

Im moving from Canon (2 X 5D2 , 35 , 50, 85) to Nikon so selling my gear slowly over the next few months.

I generally shoot most of a wedding with 35 / 85 combination. I have a canon 24-70 f2.8L as well as the 85 1.2 L.

The reason for the sigma is that the reviews are awesome and its half the price of the Nik Equivalent. Its pin sharp, built like a tank and a lot less than the nik....

Final set up will look like
2 X D750
35 1.4 ART
85 1.4 (either Nikon or Sigma ART when available)

Then, as funds permit
24mm 1.4
50mm something or other
And something longer like 135mm.

The annoying thing is that the canon 50 1.2, 85 1.2, and 135 are amazing lenses, and if I could have a canon Nikon combination I would.

But the price of the D750 new is less than a S/H 5D3, and it beats it in terms of AF speed. AF in low light and dynamic range.

I will have to post the shot I jut edited. I exposed for a stormy sky, keeping al the highlights and pulled up the shadows by 4 stops. At 100ISO there was no noise / grain....Nothing. In fact I added grain to the final image. The details in the windows of the buildings was incredible...

I will post it up tonight.

Look forward to your image and tell us where you focus and get light reading from..

I been looking into a Sigma 18-35 1.8 Lens instead of the 35mm prime both are art lens but not too sure what to think you any idea?

gpc 1 maybe post a before and after shoot ;)

Damn I keep forgetting to check that out duh. Oops

So sigma lens. DG for FX DC for DX??

Think I more likely will. UK stock or import hmmm I've a Nikon 50mm love it. But wanted something but wider. Was hoping this do a bit landscape but doubt it

Back