Nikon D750 & D780

Background in LR? Didn't know you could?
I always use the sliders but always done incremental steps, I'll try waggling next time ;)

Change the background to white in preferences, you'll be surprised how that helps with some scenes that don't have a natural white to use as a reference.

Rock those sliders back and forth, sounds silly but works. I then sync across all images taken in the same light.

Change the background to white in preferences, you'll be surprised how that helps with some scenes that don't have a natural white to use as a reference.

Rock those sliders back and forth, sounds silly but works. I then sync across all images taken in the same light.
Thanks. The syncing across all images in the same light is fine as long as you're not using auto WB as this can vary slightly from shot to shot. I need to get used to shooting with a set WB I think to make life easier in post.

I think you're just looking for stuff to whittle about tbh.

Can't you just wear the lab coat whilst watching Eastenders or something if you're having withdrawal symptoms from it?
Just trying to save time in front of the computer and get consistency :p

Oops, are they picking on you Toby?... They're just jealous ;)
I'm used to it ;) We have to give minnnt a bit of slack due to suffering life long gingeritis :p

I'm used to it ;) We have to give minnnt a bit of slack due to suffering life long gingeritis :p

I'm not actually ginger, it's just my cloudy white balance...

And he owns a df don't forget that's enough to make anyone bitter

I'm not bitter, I'm hipster.

My name is David Raynham and I'm a cloudy white balance hipsterholic.

Brilliant mate. :clap:

Re the WB, I just whack it on cloudy and don't worry about it. Life's too short mate. Retire the lab coat and go out shooting.

Seriously, is that what you do with white balance mate?

Yep. Works a treat for me. IF I need to alter it I do it in Lr and it takes less time than what has already been spent in this thread worrying about it.

Having said that, I don't shoot at night or in darkness so that may have an effect on your situation and require you to want a cooler WB.

I shoot a lot of panoramas so having a set WB rather than using auto is far better for me.

OMG some banter in here now lol some was class

Another few shots from an hour with the Kingfishers this morning. All with a D750 and the Sigma 150-600C

Kingfisher 17-5-17 (4 of 6)
by Philip Blair, on Flickr

Kingfisher 17-5-17 (1 of 6)

Kingfisher 17-5-17 (2 of 6)

Kingfisher 17-5-17 (3 of 6)

Kingfisher 17-5-17 (5 of 6)

Kingfisher 17-5-17 (6 of 6)
Very nice, almost look like paintings (y)

Thanks. The syncing across all images in the same light is fine as long as you're not using auto WB as this can vary slightly from shot to shot. I need to get used to shooting with a set WB I think to make life easier in post.

Shouldn't make a difference if the light is the same, then the "correct" WB should be the same.

Also handy is the "match total exposure" option.

Sooo busy recently, wedding season about to kick off and had quite a few 2018 enquiries recently

Shouldn't make a difference if the light is the same, then the "correct" WB should be the same.

Also handy is the "match total exposure" option.

Sooo busy recently, wedding season about to kick off and had quite a few 2018 enquiries recently
So many things I don't know about, what's the match total exposure option?

Sort your exposure out for one image of a scene, then highlight the rest of the same batch and select - Settings - Match Total Exposure, and it'll set them all to the same brightness.
Cool, thanks for this. I've learnt so much about LR I didn't know about this week (y)

So i need to take my d750 out this weekend for a good test run, barely used it yet due to the weather and other commitments.

All i've done so far is changed the camera to raw and added the beep for focus. From a picture quality side of things, anything else you recommend doing/changing?

So i need to take my d750 out this weekend for a good test run, barely used it yet due to the weather and other commitments.

All i've done so far is changed the camera to raw and added the beep for focus. From a picture quality side of things, anything else you recommend doing/changing?
You need BBF and get a quality screen protector [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Back