Nikon D750 & D780

@wibbly My main bag in my Tenba Cooper 13. It's not cheap, but it's pretty and it has really good features that I never thought I would use but I do! It replaced a Retro 7.

It has a flap with Velcro (which if you pull down then away is near silent) and a top zip on the flap for easy access.

There is also a secondary zipper that you can either tuck out the way of use for additional security if say travelling/airport etc.

Last edited:
@wibbly My main bag in my Tenba Cooper 13. It's not cheap, but it's pretty and it has really good features that I never thought I would use but I do! It replaced a Retro 7.

It has a flap with Velcro (which if you pull down then away is near silent) and a top zip on the flap for easy access.

There is also a secondary zipper that you can either tuck out the way of use for additional security if say travelling/airport etc.

Do you find the bag wide enough? My beef with the urban disguise was that it was just like a laptop bag and so didn't sit very well, too slim, kept toppling over. The retrospective range is a little wider, but not too square to sit awkwardly on the hip, IMO.

Do you find the bag wide enough? My beef with the urban disguise was that it was just like a laptop bag and so didn't sit very well, too slim, kept toppling over. The retrospective range is a little wider, but not too square to sit awkwardly on the hip, IMO.

I've got a Tenba and it's great. Not sure which model, big orange thing.

Tempted to get something posher though.

Yep - I find it just about right width wide. The Cooper 13 'slim' is too narrow. I tried it and it did the falling over thing! The Cooper 13 'DSLR' version has yet to fall over on itself and it is a bit more flexible than the Retro and curves around your body a bit more when sitting on the hip.

I did like the retro 7 but found the Tenba more user friendly for access and near silent velcro. I know you can silence the Retro velcro, but it then it is not really secure.

Eash to their own though!

I seem to have gained yet another Nikon battery, but god knows where from. I 'gained' one when Nikon sent my camera back with a battery in (I always remove mine when I send it in) and they just said to keep it. But I've been sorting my bag out for Silverstone this weekend and found another one but it's baffling me where it's from :confused:o_O Maybe they just multiply over time :LOL:

The Tenba Cooper 13 look nice too! BUT, can you get 2 DSLR's in with lenses attached and room for more if needs be?

Damn, I was just considering a new bag as my current favourite (Domke) perfectly held my old D90 + 50mm and M9 w+ 35mm. Now I've changed to a d750, I'm screwed bag wise. So I decided to sort out my bags... and I discovered I already have five soft and four hard case bags. And I moan at my wife when she buys a new handbag!

The Billingham is too heavy when loaded (and faffy with too many straps) the burnt orange Tenba (now a collectable!) is over thirty years old yet still fine, but shouts 'camera bag' and the Domke too small. So I'm looking at the Retrospective 5/7 although I'm not happy that there is no securing zip to prevent tea leaf hands from delving, and the Tenba 13. I think the Tenba has the edge at the mo.

IMG_5674.jpg

Damn, I was just considering a new bag as my current favourite (Domke) perfectly held my old D90 + 50mm and M9 w+ 35mm. Now I've changed to a d750, I'm screwed bag wise. So I decided to sort out my bags... and I discovered I already have five soft and four hard case bags. And I moan at my wife when she buys a new handbag!

The Billingham is too heavy when loaded (and faffy with too many straps) the burnt orange Tenba (now a collectable!) is over thirty years old yet still fine, but shouts 'camera bag' and the Domke too small. So I'm looking at the Retrospective 5/7 although I'm not happy that there is no securing zip to prevent tea leaf hands from delving, and the Tenba 13. I think the Tenba has the edge at the mo.

View attachment 106074

That's a fine collection of bags Nick! :D Have to say out of all of them, I still think my fave is the Billingham. Had a 335 previously and just loved it. Should never have sold it, but a lone X-Pro1 and 3 lenses looked a little sad in there all on their own :LOL:

I've got a Tenba and it's great. Not sure which model, big orange thing.

Tempted to get something posher though.
More bag GAS, or is that gas bag!! [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

View attachment 106074

I wouldn't be worried about security with the retrospectives, the Velcro is substantial and you'd hear someone trying to get into it.

Sweet free new shutters all round! Great for high mileage cameras.
I'll have to check if mine's affected, but no way I'm sending mine in yet and risk them screwing up another camera. If mine's affected I'll wait until I'm due to swap it.

Just checked my one and it is affected.... not noticed anything. Going on holiday in August so will have to send it in after that.

Just checked my one and it is affected.... not noticed anything. Going on holiday in August so will have to send it in after that.
Mine has been affected by the one of the early recalls, in the 2 years I've had it I've not noticed a problem so I've never sent it in. I personnally don't see any point sending it in when I can't see a problem, if I ever sell the camera or start to see a problem I will send it in, seen too many problems on here with them coming back worse than they went in.

It's the same thing... not 3 different things. Pretty great if you've got 10-100s thousands of actuations to get a new one free.

My shutter failed, not on the recall list, grey import, older than 12 months and they fixed it for free. So I saw this coming tbh.

Theoretical it's the same one as it doesn't seem to be a new problem, they seem to have expanded the likely number of cameras affected. If I remover correctly the two recalls have been due to a shutter shading and flare/reflection issues.
But what is really bad imo is some of the affected ones are long after they initially found the fault, which means they continued to make them without the fix after they were aware of the issue.

i must admit i find it wrong that nikon cut back the warranty to one year, rather than good service for fixing over 12m

So why didn't you buy something else after your first?
I didn't, they exchanged it. But either way that has nothing to do with Nikon continuing to make a product with a known fault.

because despite the problems its a great camera hey Toby?:)
It is, and my replacement has been flawless (touch wood).

I didn't, they exchanged it. But either way that has nothing to do with Nikon continuing to make a product with a known fault.

It is, and my replacement has been flawless (touch wood).

Well no, but you could've bought into another system at the time... if you thought you could/can get better vfm.

Last edited:
Back