Nikon D750 & D780

Well no, but you could've bought into another system at the time.
I seriously looked into it but it was just too expensive, to get like for like would have put me out of pocket nearly £2k due to the silly high price of the 5D4. That's the only reason I didn't change. I wouldn't have been happy to settle for the DR of the 5D3.

That being said I am very happy with the D750, it's a great camera. But just because I love the camera it doesn't mean I should excuse Nikon's poor QC (y)

I seriously looked into it but it was just too expensive, to get like for like would have put me out of pocket nearly £2k due to the silly high price of the 5D4. That's the only reason I didn't change. I wouldn't have been happy to settle for the DR of the 5D3.

That being said I am very happy with the D750, it's a great camera. But just because I love the camera it doesn't mean I should excuse Nikon's poor QC (y)

Agreed. It's crap but it's hard to ignore the saving (another d750).... and free shutter.

Very true :LOL:

Still interested in the a7rii for hybrid capability but the cash difference and af performance with the mc11 and 35 ART concerns me, not much point if the hit ratio goes down big time.

Wish I could try this combo, just to scratch the itch without throwing loads of cash away. I'm trying not to do the whole buy try thing anymore!!

Dan really interested in your thoughts about the 50-100

Mike

I love it Mike.

Great for my weddings, either for shooting natural ones of guests mingling or wide open for speeches, then onto the couple photos, tack sharp and renders the oof nicely.

My most used lens at couple/family shoots, when I can get far enough back.

It weighs a fair bit but I don't mind that, use it in my spider holster no problem. Shame it doesn't have stabilisation but that would make it heavier.

Some think it's a daft focal length but I have a D750 with 24-70 & D7200 with 50-100 so pretty much the 24-150 effective range covered with top glass.

Last edited:
That was the bit I was hoping to hear

Mike

As with most art lenses, requires a little tweak with the USB dock. Although I'm really critical with sharpness so others might not have bothered.

As with most art lenses, requires a little tweak with the USB dock. Although I'm really critical with sharpness so others might not have bothered.

Just spent a few hours with Focal adjusting the micro focus of my longer lenses on D800, D750 and D500, so yes I find it important as well (d800 with 200mm f2 used about 65 exposures to check so well calibrated )

Mike

This new service advisory, I can see it on the US site but not on UK site?

Edit scrap that. It updates when you go in to the old advisory.

Last edited:
I don't need a 70-200, my shooting style means I hardly ever use the long end of my 50-100.

One rare instance was this taken at 1.8 @ 100mm a couple of nights ago, awesome results.

View attachment 103361
Nice pic. Is it the Sigma 50-100mm and if so why are you using a DX lens on the D750?

I believe the advisory is for exactly the same issue, they are just increasing the periods from manufacturing date.
Tbf, I've had my D750 done. Nikon have been brilliant, if it were Fuji people would be waxing lyrical at the great customer service.

Mine is affected, whereas it wasn't on the previous recall!

I had contacted them a few weeks ago enquiringly as I had the symptoms, was just waiting to get back from holiday. Will be sending it in for repair...

Does any one use the built in intervalometer on their D750? Will probably need to use it for some astro shots (30 sec max) as I don't have a remote release

Nice pic. Is it the Sigma 50-100mm and if so why are you using a DX lens on the D750?

Yeah the Sigma 50-100, it's on my D7200.

I was just proving a point that I don't need a 70-200 for my D750 when I have this combo.

You will drop that chip! by Paul, on Flickr

We had to go into Vancouver last Wednesday and decided to stop and have lunch at the Granville Island Public Market. If you eat outside you can't help but be "accosted" by the seagulls and pigeons waiting for bits of food to drop. This fellow seemed to be trying to be particularly persuasive. We ended up having dessert behind a family from England so... if any of you were at Granville Island on July 12th... :wave:

Do you find the bag wide enough? My beef with the urban disguise was that it was just like a laptop bag and so didn't sit very well, too slim, kept toppling over. The retrospective range is a little wider, but not too square to sit awkwardly on the hip, IMO.

The Tenba cooper 13 comes in two versions, the Tenba Cooper 13 DSLR is wider than the other. That's the one I have. I really like it too.

The Tenba Cooper 13 look nice too! BUT, can you get 2 DSLR's in with lenses attached and room for more if needs be?

Depends on lenses. I've had my d750 and d7000 in it, but for day to day use I prefer a bit more wriggle room so don't do that often. There is a Tenba Cooper 15 that might suit if you want to carry more kit

There is also the cheaper Tenba DNA messenger bags which are worth a look

Just checked again, thankfully mines not impacted. Mine was ordered from Panamoz 4th October 2016.
Sorry if anyone else's is!
I have the older brother to your d750, I ordered mine on the 3rd Oct 16 [emoji2] mines the same, no shutter or battery problem.

Mash Helicoter at Brieghton B&W flattened with grain ff.jpg

I went to a low key airshow/meeting today in north Yorkshire. The light was a bit flat so flying shots were out....I managed to get a little bit of sunlight on this helicopter resting by the main runway..I edited the shot for a more dramatic lighting effect

Last edited:
The poultry scene has been set back by the avian flu, so I photographed other livestock at the country show today. Pigs can be kinda cute. (Looks like Flickr is oversharpening reduced size pics...)

Just checked and mine is one of the ones affected. Bought from panamoz March 2016. Now to send it back or not?
Tbf, if it's operating OK then wait, I would guess that there is a rush on atm with returns.

Just checked and mine is one of the ones affected. Bought from panamoz March 2016. Now to send it back or not?
I bought mine from Panamoz. You don't need to send it back to them, just contact Nikon UK and they will sort it.

So if I add a 1.4tc to 70-200 f4 it makes it 280mm what what f number? Is it 5.6?

The poultry scene has been set back by the avian flu, so I photographed other livestock at the country show today. Pigs can be kinda cute. (Looks like Flickr is oversharpening reduced size pics...)

That's really good how you got the pig the stand on that post [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

A few pics from Friday's Practice at Silverstone. I've got far too many photos to sort through, think it's going to take me all week but just processed these for now. I'm hoping to have quite a few more, plus the other races/cars. I'll try not to post too many ;)

DSC_6382
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_6771
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_6343
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_7509
by TDG-77, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nicely done! 70-200 + TC?
Thanks. Yeah these were, but also hired the Sigma 100-400mm which I used exclusively on the Saturday. Not had chance to load them into LR yet. Didn't take many today, just a couple during the race and then of the podium. Problem is we managed to get really close to the podium after the race (although the 70-200mm with 1.4TC still wasn't long enough) but it meant there was a fence in the way :facepalm:

New Tamron 24-70 G2 looks like it could be a great lens. Smaller, lighter, cheaper than Nikon!

Edit... not really cheaper!

Last edited:
I have had my D750 for almost a couple of years now and only just got round to using it because I preferred my little Leica D-Lux for holidays and travel. But I must say I am loving the raw files that the D750 produces. Only one slight niggle and that's the eye piece cover, it regularly comes off in my camera bag. Does anyone know of any alternative third part accessories that can do a better job?
Regards,
Alan

Back