Nikon D750 & D780

I have had my D750 for almost a couple of years now and only just got round to using it because I preferred my little Leica D-Lux for holidays and travel. But I must say I am loving the raw files that the D750 produces. Only one slight niggle and that's the eye piece cover, it regularly comes off in my camera bag. Does anyone know of any alternative third part accessories that can do a better job?
Regards,
Alan
Most on here use double sided tape to keep the eye piece in place.

Have a big wedding coming up in a few weeks, and I'm slightly bricking it. The events company putting it on are issuing press releases today and nerves are at an all time high. It's one of those, should be amazing for portfolio work and I think will probably generate a fair bit of interest online. Which means I have to absolutely nail it.

Had a family shoot this weekend and did a pre-wedding shoot last weekend which I need to sort the images for this week :)

Have a big wedding coming up in a few weeks, and I'm slightly bricking it. The events company putting it on are issuing press releases today and nerves are at an all time high. It's one of those, should be amazing for portfolio work and I think will probably generate a fair bit of interest online. Which means I have to absolutely nail it.

Had a family shoot this weekend and did a pre-wedding shoot last weekend which I need to sort the images for this week :)
Best of luck for it. Can't wait to see it.

Do you have a 2nd shooter? Could help ease the pressure?

Best of luck for it. Can't wait to see it.

Do you have a 2nd shooter? Could help ease the pressure?

I don't, but there's only 15 guests, so for 99% of the day I'm not going to need one really.

I could possibly do with one for the fireworks shots to assist with lighting, but I'll just bully a guest into doing it probably

I have had my D750 for almost a couple of years now and only just got round to using it because I preferred my little Leica D-Lux for holidays and travel. But I must say I am loving the raw files that the D750 produces. Only one slight niggle and that's the eye piece cover, it regularly comes off in my camera bag. Does anyone know of any alternative third part accessories that can do a better job?
Regards,
Alan

I dabbed a smidge of clear nail polish on the groove before attaching the eye piece and leaving to dry, found that holds quite well. :)

Last summer I got a tiny man to walk on a cow's back.:D

_7506593.jpg
[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

So if I add a 1.4tc to 70-200 f4 it makes it 280mm what what f number? Is it 5.6?

So my 70-200 F4 would become a 70-280 f5.6 where as the new 70-300 is 4.5-5.6. I wonder which one will perform better at the long end. Will wait and see what the initial reviews say. Apparantly the new stepping motor is meant to be ultra fast.

So my 70-200 F4 would become a 70-280 f5.6 where as the new 70-300 is 4.5-5.6. I wonder which one will perform better at the long end. Will wait and see what the initial reviews say. Apparantly the new stepping motor is meant to be ultra fast.

Surely it'll be a 98 - 280

Hey guys, I just joined the forum. Nice to be part of it.

I own a D750 since last year (bought it when I was traveling in Hong Kong) and sold my old D3200.
It's a great camera! Beautiful images, high dynamic range, perfect for landscapes (what I'm focused on).

My only lens so far is the 24-120mm which is very good, but not outstanding.
I was recently thinking to buy the 24-70 but the prices are not very welcoming. The one from Nikon seems great, but very expensive. The Sigma and Tamron are being replaced this year so I'm waiting until the first reviews.

Does anyone have experience with these lenses? Can you share pls? I never had the opportunity of shotting on those so any feedback will be appreciated.

Feel free to take a look at my photos here 500px.com/brunozukauskas

Thanks a lot!

I own a D750 since last year (bought it when I was traveling in Hong Kong) and sold my old D3200.
It's a great camera! Beautiful images, high dynamic range, perfect for landscapes (what I'm focused on).

I was recently thinking to buy the 24-70 but the prices are not very welcoming. The one from Nikon seems great, but very expensive. The Sigma and Tamron are being replaced this year so I'm waiting until the first reviews.

Does anyone have experience with these lenses? Can you share pls? I never had the opportunity of shotting on those so any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

The Nikon 24-70 VR is excellent but a beast - currently selling one!

The old 24-70 Tamron is decent if you get a good copy.

The new Tamron and Sigma lenses look like a step up from their old versions.

Just really depends on your budget!

Last edited:

Good luck!

Thanks a lot!

I have a 24-120. It's a superb lens. Also have a series 1 Tamron 24-70VC lens. It's also a very good lens. Photo samples on my Flickr in the siggy.

Regards,
Alan
Thanks. Here's another, this time taken with the Sigma 100-400mm. Not the sharpest from the weekend but I just liked the overall image with the colours etc.

DSC_0481-Edit
by TDG-77, on Flickr
Very nice shot , focus could be on but you wasnt quite synced to the car so some motion blurrrr by the looks of it over at flickr.

Tiny wedding, few guests would be fun, events company putting it on and press releases - not so much! :runaway:

The events company aren't quite putting it on exactly.

The wedding itself, is in the Temple in Blickling Hall gardens, which will be lovely.

But for the evening do, they've got a private section set up with their own marquee and outside space at the Great British Proms, which is what the events company are putting on. Going to be a fun day with plenty of stuff going on and ending with fireworks over the main hall.

That looks really good to me. Great capture. :clap:
Thanks

Very nice shot , focus could be on but you wasnt quite synced to the car so some motion blurrrr by the looks of it over at flickr.
Oh definitely technique on this one, nothing to do with the lens. It was so hard at this location as you just picked them up as they flew in from Abbey into Farm Curve so you had a split second to react. Still, good fun trying to capture it and I did get sharper from here, which I'm sure I'll post on flickr at some point ;)

Regards,
Alan
As said, a little double sided tape or............. but this or there is a rounded version somewhere on the web, this version which is a H-EYEN22S looks a little strange but I like it, just a little touch from the tilted screen but its nothing.
20170717_163434_Burst01.jpg

Just took a last minute booking for end of August. So that's summer now fully booked for me!

Although I now need to find a second shooter.

If only you were just down the road..

I keep toying with trying for a few bookings, need to look into insurance etc. Can't take too much on with work but I'd like to do a few a year more to improve. I'm at the stage where doing it more is the only way.

Have an 80th party I've been asked to do this weekend, which is a first.

If only you were just down the road..

I keep toying with trying for a few bookings, need to look into insurance etc. Can't take too much on with work but I'd like to do a few a year more to improve. I'm at the stage where doing it more is the only way.

Have an 80th party I've been asked to do this weekend, which is a first.

I can offer crash space if you are interested. Client is only wanting a second for prep though, so not much cash involved to make a cross country trip worthwhile in that sense.

InFocus are very competitive with insurance. All my kit, computer, PI and PL for under £300

Just took a last minute booking for end of August. So that's summer now fully booked for me!

Although I now need to find a second shooter.

Nice, you'll smash the posh one Andy!

I've got two more left this year and that's all that's currently in the diary :( need to have a rethink!

Back