Nikon D750 & D780

Have a big wedding coming up in a few weeks, and I'm slightly bricking it. The events company putting it on are issuing press releases today and nerves are at an all time high. It's one of those, should be amazing for portfolio work and I think will probably generate a fair bit of interest online. Which means I have to absolutely nail it.

Had a family shoot this weekend and did a pre-wedding shoot last weekend which I need to sort the images for this week :)

Mate ive seen your work you will smash it

Here's mine taking her shoes off :)

35834536511_77d6be23f8_b.jpg

35814277392_3a2667ae25_b.jpg

So just received my D750 today love it!

went out for a walk with it but wasn't much at all to take pictures of so only picture i really got was this....

Fairly happy with it but can anyone give me any help on how to bring back to blown highlights on the arm if i even can!

Thanks!

So just received my D750 today love it!

went out for a walk with it but wasn't much at all to take pictures of so only picture i really got was this....

Fairly happy with it but can anyone give me any help on how to bring back to blown highlights on the arm if i even can!

Thanks!

Welcome to the asylum Lewis! The arm doesn't look distracting IMO. But if you really feel the need, I'd drop the exposure in ACR as you want it and open that as a smart object in PS over the original. Create an inverted layer mask and bring the detail back. Depends how you've toned this, if it's in LR then the same but a slightly longer winded version by saving two PSD's. First of all though, see what the adjustment brush gives you in LR, it doesn't always work too well for bringing back highlights.

Welcome to the asylum Lewis! The arm doesn't look distracting IMO. But if you really feel the need, I'd drop the exposure in ACR as you want it and open that as a smart object in PS over the original. Create an inverted layer mask and bring the detail back. Depends how you've toned this, if it's in LR then the same but a slightly longer winded version by saving two PSD's. First of all though, see what the adjustment brush gives you in LR, it doesn't always work too well for bringing back highlights.

Thanks! What's ACR? I have no clue about PS but will give it a go, I did try the adjustment brush but was leaving a dark halo around the base of the arm and if I didn't go that close it left a white one [emoji1361]

Thanks! What's ACR? I have no clue about PS but will give it a go, I did try the adjustment brush but was leaving a dark halo around the base of the arm and if I didn't go that close it left a white one [emoji1361]

Over complicating it, thinking about it. You need PS or similar to blend properly. From LR, create a copy and reduce the exposure to bring the detail back. With both highlighted, right click and pick open in PS as layers. Create an inverted layer mask on the top layer and paint the detail back

Over complicating it, thinking about it. You need PS or similar to blend properly. From LR, create a copy and reduce the exposure to bring the detail back. With both highlighted, right click and pick open in PS as layers. Create an inverted layer mask on the top layer and paint the detail back
Can't you just brush in reduced exposure/highlights in LR?

Ahh okay I understand what you mean now! Will give it a go tommorow and post the results if they go to plan lol

Cheers mate

Adobe Camera RAW.

It's pretty hit and miss mate. Sometimes leaves nasty looking artifacts. So much better in PS.
But if you're reducing the exposure in LR to bring the detail back before exporting to PS how is that any different to brushing in reduced exposure in terms of the artefacts?

It's pretty hit and miss mate. Sometimes leaves nasty looking artifacts. So much better in PS.

This is the best i got earlier from the brush

Im not to bothered about bringing the highlights completely back just don't what it so white.

But can't get it without the halo, will give it a go on PS and hopefully have better results!

This is the best i got earlier from the brush

Im not to bothered about bringing the highlights completely back just don't what it so white.

But can't get it without the halo, will give it a go on PS and hopefully have better results!
That doesn't look the best tbh. Did you try reducing exposure rather than highlights? I've never been fond of massively reducing highlights, I don't like the effect in LR.

But if you're reducing the exposure in LR to bring the detail back before exporting to PS how is that any different to brushing in reduced exposure in terms of the artefacts?

Try it sometime. For some reason the adjustment brush just leaves a mess when you reduce the exposure or highlights, no idea why. It's far cleaner doing a second copy and reducing the whole exposure, then blending them together in PS. Most of the tutorials I have seen do the same in ACR, then open both as smart objects so that you can go back and tweak in ACR if you really want to. The above example doesn't look like it's totally blown so should be able to bring that detail back.

Try it sometime. For some reason the adjustment brush just leaves a mess when you reduce the exposure or highlights, no idea why. It's far cleaner doing a second copy and reducing the whole exposure, then blending them together in PS. Most of the tutorials I have seen do the same in ACR, then open both as smart objects so that you can go back and tweak in ACR if you really want to. The above example doesn't look like it's totally blown so should be able to bring that detail back.
Thanks, I'll definitely try that (y)

Back