Nikon D750 & D780

I have no issue with the D750, superb camera. However, I find Nikon's handling of faults sometimes very poor. TBH I can't fault the handling of the flare issue, nor the shutter issue up until the last recall. The trouble with the last recall is that it tells me that Nikon continued to manufacture the camera with defects some time after finding out about the initial fault. The handling of the D600 was poor, and now IF what the Angry Tog says is true the if they are indeed involved in a cover up operation then that's pretty poor too imo.

Carrying along with this D750 recall (mines not affected..yet) I am on a D750 FaceBook group and I have seen some get their D750`s back with a shutter reset so a 0000 count on the number of photos taken (that must increase the value of the D750 and some have had the rubbers (hand grip) I guess replaced although this is country dependant at a guess too.
What do the British get back, a D750 thrown in a box with no packaging :confused:

Last edited:
Just installed the Dehaze slider for stand alone LR6. Just in time to process my hazt Channel Island photo's. Quite impressed so far :)

Sellers remorse already!

Haha, seems a good 'un. Thanks for the posh filter too! Now I'm going to have to buy them for all my other lenses :D

Sure you'll have fun with an 85mm mind, that's a great lens too ;)

@siblingchris, I paid for my G2 a whopping GBP 891 so worth it I think.

Where do you get that from? Was just thinking the other day I had it in PSE 14 and couldn't understand why it wasn't in LR 6

Google 'cutthruthefog' and follow the instructions from there. Apparentely the Dehaze alogritms are contained in the standalone version but not activated. This will get you a dehaze slider that's accessed via the plug in extra's under the help menu.

Carrying along with this D750 recall (mines not affected..yet) I am on a D750 FaceBook group and I have seen some get their D750`s back with a shutter reset so a 0000 count on the number of photos taken (that must increase the value of the D750 and some have had the rubbers (hand grip) I guess replaced although this is country dependant at a guess too.
What do the British get back, a D750 thrown in a box with no packaging :confused:
UK ones aren't reset. I questioned it when I sent my first one in saying that some had been sent back with a reset shutter count. They told me not in the UK and the shutter count represents the overall wear on the camera not the shutter wear/life.

Thanks. Some fantastic images there. I realise that most of that is about your skills rather than the lens, but is making me rethink on the Tamron G1 versus G2 because the latter is knocking on twice the price it seems, as is the sigma
Thanks, all I do is aim and press the shutter ;) From what I can gather there's no difference in IQ between the Gen 1 and Gen 2, although DXO score the Gen 1 as optically better (although they haven't tested the Nikon one yet). Of course, take DXO with a pinch of salt.
https://www.dxomark.com/Lenses/Comp...-on-Canon-EOS-5D-Mark-IV__1751_1106_1263_1106

I always find this place does good honest reviews, and my thoughts on lenses tend to echo theirs.
https://photographylife.com/reviews/tamron-sp-150-600mm-f5-6-3-g2

Tamron are prone to sample variation though, which is why you will find varying reports. Get a good copy of either the Gen 1 or Gen 2 and I'm sure you'll be happy.

To be fair, mine was well packaged with all grips replaced. Never checked the shutter count but that doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Google 'cutthruthefog' and follow the instructions from there. Apparentely the Dehaze alogritms are contained in the standalone version but not activated. This will get you a dehaze slider that's accessed via the plug in extra's under the help menu.

Awesome, thanks. Plugin installed and going well

So the new D750 rival (6D Mk2) seems to have worse high iso capability and worse AF system (but better live view). So despite its recalls, it really shows how good the D750 is!
Whilst the recalls are rubbish I still wonder how many have actually been affected by a fully failed shutter. @snerkler is right about still manufacturing faulty cameras when they were fixing some under recalls.

I am really happy with my D750, despite its recall issues. I will send it for the shutter recall if it's free, but after 2 year's I've had no problems with any of the issues. Plus it's a light weight full frame camera which counts for a lot...
Price wise it's been a winner too, you only have to look at the price of new cameras to see D750 prices have been a bargain.

Shame it's not for ps cs6. As I can't use lr

Yes, what would you like to know?

Is it a decent choice for it? Thinking about a couple of BTCC events and I know my A7rii won't be good enough, but willing to pickup a body/lens specifically, last time I was there was with a Sony A77 a few years back, I'm sure the D750 is probably better AF wise!

Is it a decent choice for it? Thinking about a couple of BTCC events and I know my A7rii won't be good enough, but willing to pickup a body/lens specifically, last time I was there was with a Sony A77 a few years back, I'm sure the D750 is probably better AF wise!
The AF system is perfectly up to the job imo, far better than my technique anyway ;) It's just a question of whether 6.5fps and a 12-15 shot buffer is enough? Perfectly adequate for me for motorsport, and sometimes I even lower it to 3 or 4 fps so that I don't end up with hundreds of the same shot ;)

DSC_0770-Edit
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_8131 B&W
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_5324 B&W
by TDG-77, on Flickr

@minnnt can post some much better examples (y)

D750 is much better af wise than the A77. A77ii maybe a different story but I haven't used that!

D750 is much better af wise than the A77. A77ii maybe a different story but I haven't used that!
D750 is better than the A77-II too, except the AF spread is better on the A77-II. I traded my A77-II in for the D750 and the biggest difference for me was responsiveness and speed of acquisition. I also find the D750 more accurate and more consistent. The A77-II is great don't get me wrong, but the D750 is better imo.

The AF system is perfectly up to the job imo, far better than my technique anyway ;) It's just a question of whether 6.5fps and a 12-15 shot buffer is enough? Perfectly adequate for me for motorsport, and sometimes I even lower it to 3 or 4 fps so that I don't end up with hundreds of the same shot ;)

DSC_0770-Edit
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_8131 B&W
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_5324 B&W
by TDG-77, on Flickr

@minnnt can post some much better examples (y)
Nice, Ive been thinking of trying motorsport for a while but just never got around to it.

Last edited:
Was hoping for the sun to break any moment, so wanted the star effect. Think i should of been higher.lower?
Preference really, just wondered why. I tend to shoot with a slightly larger aperture so not in the realms of diffraction. However, if you're trying to get the sunburst effect then you're in the right territory (y)

Back