Sure it's not just a quicker lens?
EDIT: sorry just seen that you swapped lenses
There was no doubt that the 2.8 was better than the 4 on the D750 though!
TBH I don't know why you don't get that same response with the D750, mine is super fast to respond and nails everything. The only time I found the D500 noticeably faster was in really low light.
If you found the 70-200 f2.8 was much better why not make that step and try it on the D750 for while to see how you get on. If focus is still an issue you can always change to the D500 at a later date. I swapped from the f4 back to a f2.8 and haven't regretted it since. I regretted selling the second f2.8 I had so much I bought a third! I'm never making the same mistake selling it ever again.
Like @snerkler says I too find the 70-200 f2.8 nails focus accurately on the D750. Even in really poor light I've found the D750 nails focus (and ISO performance is pretty amazing in those situations)
A couple from my early morning trip to the 'Wader Spectacular' at RSPB Snettisham. Unfortunately it didn't happen as the tide just didn't get high enough. It was still a nice morning out watching the Wader's run away from the incoming tide.
Snettisham Wader Flock by Rob Cain, on Flickr
D75_9065-Pano by Rob Cain, on Flickr
Anticipation is growing! It seems like these guys started turning purple almost overnight. Should be ready in another 2-4 weeks I should think which is about a month early.
Almost ready by Paul, on Flickr
Nothing too exciting from me, just a happy ending! This horse suffered a horrible injury to her Pedal Bone 4 years ago and the vets advice was she wouldn't make it and that she should be put down. On the way back from the vets, she started to put weight on all 4 feet and now 4 years later, she is back competing in her first one day event. The final pic is the owners favourite as she was just coming to the finish of the event and it sums up her feelings!
Bliss Portrait by Justin Akehurst, on Flickr
Thumbs up! by Justin Akehurst, on Flickr
Final jump by Justin Akehurst, on Flickr
The happy ending by Justin Akehurst, on Flickr
I don't like cropping, but I couldn't get an angle to frame this one right and he was too busy judging sheep to ask him to pose. I've also done some processing on his badge to boost the clarity. I need a lie down after breaking with my traditions!!
Wedding Cake by Tim G, on Flickr
Cracking day at Knockhill today for the BTCC, borrowed a D750 & 200-500 f5.6 lens to use, was quite happy with a lot of the shots and certainly better than my A7rii would have managed!
20170813 - Knockhill - BTCC - Collard by Chris Mitchell, on Flickr
I'm going to do this and try next set of photos using 70-200 2.8 on D750. I did find a negative on the D500 and that was 70mm b came a bit too long at times when subjects were coming from near to far.
Love that one, beautiful light
20170814_091055 by Andy Dane, on Flickr
Might be poor quality as I downloaded from facebook to my phone then onto flickr..
Nice image, big fan of your work. Although it needs straightening?
It's on a slight slope and the building is a bit wonky, so it's a case of "pick which line you want straight"
And I can't decide which one haha
I think currently, it's straight from the bar across the top windows. I'm going to have to export a few different versions and look at them side to side to decide which one looks best
Yeah I noticed that nothing was at the same level so would be impossible to make it all level!
I could possibly liquify it. Will have a play
I'd make it straight for the people. Unless they were as píssed as the building is!
They were by the end of the night lol
Finally got around to ordering a d750, can someone remind me of the best screen protector to buy?
I've followed this thread for a while and don't fancy searching it all for the info, cheers
Brotect Airglass - might have a spare at home if you want it?
Some from YWP yesterday
DSC_3631-Edit by TDG-77, on Flickr
DSC_3551-Edit by TDG-77, on Flickr
DSC_3579-Edit by TDG-77, on Flickr
DSC_3730-Edit by TDG-77, on Flickr
DSC_3885 by TDG-77, on Flickr
DSC_3965-Edit by TDG-77, on Flickr
DSC_3929 by TDG-77, on Flickr
DSC_4124-Edit by TDG-77, on Flickr
That would be great, if you have one let me know what postage is and I,ll square you up
Those photos look like summer. Nice photoshop
Will check when home later just to make sure! No worries on postage, only light things!
Yeah it was weird, we had this bright round thing in the sky yesterday so I googled it. Apparently it's something called the sun
Did you not have one and sell it in March? Or am I getting you mixed up with someone else?
Lovely colours and tones but I'd have to straighten it, that's my OCD. More transform than liquify though, just select all, hit T and pull the bottom left corner down whilst holding command.
It's fine Andy - the verticles are verticle...
Please not that again that subject kept this thread going for several weeks at one point.
Just a heads-up I've just had an email off Nikon saying there's a new firmware out for the D750, even though Nikon still have my camera for the shutter recall but after phoning them twice it now says repair in progress and not awaiting repair
D750 Digital Camera - Firmware Update v1.12
I just received this email too, anyone know what's in the update?
Yeah I've just had the same. Looking on the website it came out on 25/07 - it doesn't say what it fixes though.
I have registered mine for the recall, but not yet had an email with the postage label etc. Supposedly I'm in a queue and once parts are in stock they will request the return - in an effort to reduce turn around time.
Just checked mine, it's still on 1.01! Looks like I probably should have done the 1.02 update as that says 'Camera operation is now more reliable'
The details can be found here:
I remember it, just never paid enough attention obviously haha
Thanks for link. When I check my current firmware I get 2 settings
What's the second one (the L)
It doesn't look much of an update and surprised that they've done the same for the 610 too, which I've been disappointed not to have seen an incremental upgrade here and there.
I'll get around to doing them both at some point this week.
I've still not checked to see if mine's one of the ones in the latest recall So what's the latest firmware do then? I can't access the firmware page on the phone.
Two minute job in the end, both bodies done. I didn't do the last one after checking.
Changes from “C” Firmware Version 1.11 to 1.12
• Added support for the following features of AF-P lenses:
- If the standby timer expires after the camera has focused, the focus position will not change when the timer is reactivated.
- In manual focus mode, the focus indicator in the viewfinder (or in live view, the focus point selected in the monitor) will flash to show that infinity or the minimum focus distance has been reached by rotating the focus ring.
• Fixed the following issues:
- When pictures were viewed after shooting with Overflow selected for Role played by card in Slot 2 in the PHOTO SHOOTING MENU, the camera would sometimes display the second-last picture taken.
- Microphone sensitivity would sometimes not be correctly adjusted when movies were recorded with Auto sensitivity > Microphone sensitivity.
Changes from Previous Versions
Changes from “C” Firmware Version 1.10 to 1.11
• The WT-7 wireless transmitter is now supported.
• Fixed the following issues:
- Incorrect histograms would be displayed for some images viewed in the RGB histogram display during playback.
- If On was selected for Auto distortion control, distortion would appear at the edges of photos taken with NEF (RAW) + JPEG fine selected for Image quality and Medium selected for Image size.
- The option chosen for Custom Setting f5 (Customize command dials) > Change main/sub in CUSTOM SETTINGS MENUgroup f (Controls) would not be saved when Save settings was selected for Save/load settings in the SETUP MENU.
- Pictures would sometimes not be recorded.
Changes from “C” Firmware Version 1.02 to 1.10
• An External recording control option has been added to the HDMI item in the SETUP MENU. If the camera is connected via HDMI to a third-party recorder that supports the Atomos Open Protocol (the Atomos SHOGUN, NINJA2, or NINJA BLADE), selecting On allows camera controls to be used to start and stop recording. More information is available in a supplementary manual.
Note:Choose an option other than 576p (progressive) or 480p (progressive) for HDMI > Output resolution in the SETUP MENU.
• Fixed the following issues:
- The brightness of the live view photography display would not change when a command dial was rotated to adjust exposure compensation with On (Auto reset) selected for b Metering/exposure > b3 Easy exposure compensation > Easy exposure compensation in the CUSTOM SETTING MENU.
- Although the preview button would stop the lens down to maximum aperture when assigned the Preview role, the maximum aperture indicator would not appear in the monitor.
- In rare cases, the shutter would not be released when the user attempted to take photographs in movie live view.
- About 4 seconds of static could be heard on audio recorded with external HDMI recorders during movie live view.
- The shutter speed, aperture, and ISO sensitivity displayed in the monitor during movie live view would differ from values in the final movie file.
- Part of the focus point would disappear if the user zoomed in while the framing grid was displayed.
- Volume could sometimes not be adjusted if movies were played with indicators hidden during full-frame playback (None (image only)).
- Exposure compensation would fail to produce the desired results if a negative value was selected when NEF (RAW) images were processed using the NEF (RAW) processing option in the RETOUCH MENU.
- Images would in rare cases fail to record correctly with HDR (high dynamic range) selected in the PHOTO SHOOTING MENU.
- If On was selected for Exposure smoothing during interval timer photography, every frame after the first would be overexposed.
- File numbers were not assigned in the proper sequence.
- The focus point would not be displayed in the correct location in the monitor.
- In some languages, characters or parts of characters would be missing from the SETUP MENU > Location data > Positiondisplay.
- In some languages, characters or parts of characters would be missing from the SETUP MENU > AF fine-tune > List saved values display.
- In some regions, nothing would be displayed when Conformity marking was selected in the SETUP MENU.
• Some help text has been changed.
• Optimal vibration reduction is now available with vibration reduction lenses.
Changes from “C” Firmware Version 1.01 to 1.02
• Camera operation is now more reliable.
Changes from “C” Firmware Version 1.00 to 1.01
• Fixed an issue that caused photos taken with optional flash units using auto FP high-speed sync to be overexposed when Onwas selected for ISO sensitivity settings > Auto ISO sensitivity control in the PHOTO SHOOTING MENU. (Auto FP high-speed is enabled by selecting 1/200 s (Auto FP) or 1/250 s (Auto FP) for e1 Flash sync speed in the CUSTOM SETTING MENU.
• Fixed issues with the menu and other displays in the camera monitor and on the television when 4K TVs were connected via HDMI.
• Reduced the noise that could sometimes be heard when an option other than Off was selected for d1 Beep in the CUSTOM SETTING MENU.