Nikon D750 & D780

I don't suppose anyone else here uses a D750, Nikon 300 2.8 and a TC20EIII do they? At Brands Hatch and focus keeps working then not working. D800 seems to be fine though? 70-200 on the D750 doesn't seem to have a problem either, really weird.

I've used that combination on the D750 without issue,

What I am finding annoying is what I set the back button as the focus button can no longer use the shutter button as a focus button too as some time i like to use the back and sometime the shutter button

What I am finding annoying is what I set the back button as the focus button can no longer use the shutter button as a focus button too as some time i like to use the back and sometime the shutter button

I find that a bit weird, wouldve thought youd naturally use one or the other. During transition perhaps both by mistake.

So, finally got out over the weekend and managed a set, thought Id see how much I could push a D750 file... and create my own lighting in PP to enhance the image. The highlighted areas are a push of 4 stops. Very pleased.

OOC

Messed about...

Wow impressive which software u using to bring this to live which enhancement ??

At 20:50 last night I ordered an ML-L3 on Amazon and when I got up at 9:20 this morning it had been delivered.

Now that's service :)

Cheers.

Last edited:
WHAT delivery on a Sunday???

Blimey by who???

So the seller themselves brough it to you ?

I was just about to say the same think. I can't imagine using both :thinking:
I usually have my cameras set for both. I often switch between button focus and using a wired release cable; and on all Nikon's I am aware of a wired release will not work unless AF is enabled on the shutter button.
It does negate the ability to use BBF to switch between fixed focus and AF-c... I just use the AF/M switch instead for that.

I usually have my cameras set for both. I often switch between button focus and using a wired release cable; and on all Nikon's I am aware of a wired release will not work unless AF is enabled on the shutter button.
It does negate the ability to use BBF to switch between fixed focus and AF-c... I just use the AF/M switch instead for that.

Do you mean that your wired release won't focus before taking the photo or won't release the shutter if you're set to BBF? I use a D7100 with a wired cable release and BBF and don't have any problems on the release- I'm pretty sure the D3100 was the same.

Do you mean that your wired release won't focus before taking the photo or won't release the shutter if you're set to BBF? I use a D7100 with a wired cable release and BBF and don't have any problems on the release- I'm pretty sure the D3100 was the same.
Good question... and I'm not certain of the answer. I don't know that I've tried to use it "only" for shutter release/with manual focus.

Just a quick update on my return of the D750. Arrived 7 days after processing,took nikon ond day to acknowledge receipt. Current estimated date of repair is the 10th April 2015.

Sounds as if it all works as you want then, you wouldn't expect it to focus on release as you're on bbf so you can still use bbf on the tripod to focus and recompose and then use the release purely as a release, or you can change to manual focus ( or back to focus on release but I don't think that's what you're after on a tripod). Sounds as though it's doing what you set it up to do.

Sounds as if it all works as you want then, you wouldn't expect it to focus on release as you're on bbf so you can still use bbf on the tripod to focus and recompose and then use the release purely as a release, or you can change to manual focus ( or back to focus on release but I don't think that's what you're after on a tripod). Sounds as though it's doing what you set it up to do.

Or use the wifi and the phone app and you can use the phone to focus.

Anyone found any incompatibilities with third-party lenses e.g. Sigma and Tamron?

a random thought:

at first I thought the artifical horizon was a gimmick. really loving this feature more and more

Anyone found any incompatibilities with third-party lenses e.g. Sigma and Tamron?

I have also used a old Sigma 28-70 f2.8-4 with no problems. I think some of the Sigmas have been mentioned as having communication errors with some Nikon bodies, but if mine works I dont think you will get a much older AF lens?

My replacement is due for delivery tomorrow, so cant wait to have another go with it.

I have also used a old Sigma 28-70 f2.8-4 with no problems. I think some of the Sigmas have been mentioned as having communication errors with some Nikon bodies, but if mine works I dont think you will get a much older AF lens?

My replacement is due for delivery tomorrow, so cant wait to have another go with it.

There has been some suggestion that Nikon Firmware will not recognise some third party lenses of some focal lengths. I have no idea as to the extend of this or even if there is an issue. Many people don't seam to have a problem with Tameron / Sigma etc.

Suppose it would be rude not to post in here now I have gone over to the darkside :D First couple of shots really whilst testing out various settings,really pleased with it so far though. Did I see a mention somewhere of a decent screen protector?Not sure if it was in this thread or not.

bt_zps6r4xpmox.jpg

untitled-041_zpskr6ifapx.jpg

Fantastic images there pal what lens was that. You liking the D750. What did you mover over from?

Not sure if the same but on my old D7000 with my old Sigma 70-200 f2.8, it would all work perfectly apart from live view. It couldn't focus at all in live view but perfectly ok through the viewfinder.
I was told it was because Nikon wouldn't release their AF algorithms to third parties and they had to reverse engineer it to work properly.
I have heard Sigma will update your lens if you have proof of purchase too.

Not sure if the same but on my old D7000 with my old Sigma 70-200 f2.8, it would all work perfectly apart from live view. It couldn't focus at all in live view but perfectly ok through the viewfinder.
I was told it was because Nikon wouldn't release their AF algorithms to third parties and they had to reverse engineer it to work properly.
I have heard Sigma will update your lens if you have proof of purchase too.

I just bought a Sigma 70-200 OS F2.8 from here and it works fine with the D750 in both Liveview and through the viewfinder.

I think it needs some AF fine tuning, but haven't ruled out user error yet! Going to get it on the tripod tonight to check it.

Also going to pick up the 35mm F1.8 ED before my wedding shoot this weekend. Unless anyone wants to sell me a 1.4 for the same price? :D

Suppose it would be rude not to post in here now I have gone over to the darkside :D First couple of shots really whilst testing out various settings,really pleased with it so far though. Did I see a mention somewhere of a decent screen protector?Not sure if it was in this thread or not.

bt_zps6r4xpmox.jpg

untitled-041_zpskr6ifapx.jpg

Nice start Rich.

I have found the Larmor, (used to be GGS I think?) screen protectors good. Been using them on my D7100, havent ordered one yet for the D750. http://www.amazon.co.uk/LARMOR-Self...8&sr=8-5&keywords=nikon+d750+screen+protector

Also mentioned on the other D750 thread, where they maybe cheaper on ebay. https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/nikon-d750-users-technical-advice-thread.582211/page-3

Waited in all day yesterday for UPS to deliver my camera, which they failed to do. They also done this on my last D750 purchase, bit annoying really, hopefully it will turn up today.

Last edited:
Waited in all day yesterday for UPS to deliver my camera, which they failed to do. They also done this on my last D750 purchase, bit annoying really, hopefully it will turn up today.

Im also getting annoyed with UPS for the very same reason, status: out for delivery, yeah sure it is. I think they should just change it to status: maybe itll arrive today, maybe it wont.

Im also getting annoyed with UPS for the very same reason, status: out for delivery, yeah sure it is. I think they should just change it to status: maybe itll arrive today, maybe it wont.

It's not a Swansea problem then!

Thats the thing, if they stated they would deliver today I have no problem. When you wait in it's annoying. The cameras nearly arrive quicker from HK than three miles across Swansea.

It's not a Swansea problem then!

Thats the thing, if they stated they would deliver today I have no problem. When you wait in it's annoying. The cameras nearly arrive quicker from HK than three miles across Swansea.

Agreed. It also costs money to stay in and wait or take time off work! Ive also had to literally chase the UPS van twice after work a mile up the road to get my parcel thats supposed to be delivered BEFORE 5pm or Id only see it after the weekend.

Agreed. It also costs money to stay in and wait or take time off work! Ive also had to literally chase the UPS van twice after work a mile up the road to get my parcel thats supposed to be delivered BEFORE 5pm or Id only see it after the weekend.

Well my turned up at about 12.20pm so at least it's arrived. Battery charging so will have a little play later, weather fine here but the wind is up, almost galeforce!

I had that with UPS last year, waiting for a lens which was `out for delivery` by 7 AM on a Friday. Waited & waited.........6 PM nothing!
Managed to phone the depot, only to be told some excuse about traffic problems & they didn't deliver on Saturdays.
It arrived late aft the following Monday.

Nothing but good service from UPS I've just had my D750 returned for the second time. On both occasions I got a text saying it would arrive - 1 hour time slot given ! I can't fault them.

Nothing but good service from UPS I've just had my D750 returned for the second time. On both occasions I got a text saying it would arrive - 1 hour time slot given ! I can't fault them.

Lucky you, I've never had texts from ups, only DPD. Was yours a UK consignment?

Lucky you, I've never had texts from ups, only DPD. Was yours a UK consignment?

My apologies, just checked with the other half it was DPD. Sent to Nikon twice. Once for the internal reflection issue (not experienced) the other for a Live View fault which was perfect before it went to Nikon the first time, but didn't work when it came back. I have to say Nikon have been very good about the second fix and it was turned around in 5 days.

Back