Nikon D750 & D780

What is the average turn around for the recall nowadays? I`ve been holding off sending mine in, and hopefully the rush has died down a little.

What is the average turn around for the recall nowadays? I`ve been holding off sending mine in, and hopefully the rush has died down a little.

Nikon took just over 8 days To turn mine round after they received it at their depot.

The initial estimated return date wasn't unitl 10th April but was completed a long time before that.

Good luck

Nikon took just over 8 days To turn mine round after they received it at their depot.

The initial estimated return date wasn't unitl 10th April but was completed a long time before that.

Good luck

Cheers mate, appreciate that.

Not sure if anyone's encountered this...

I shoot in Raw & fine JPG, card 2 set to overflow. On downloading the past couple of days images, I noticed that sometimes I'm missing a raw file or other times I have the raw but not the JPG. Out of 200 images there's only about 12 instances of this happening. Settings are usually the same - aperture priority, AF-C etc so nothing strange going on there. I don't mind not having the jpg sometimes but, do mind when I don't have the raw file.

Any ideas?

Similar issues have been mentioned on previous page with card error's.

As it happens I had one blank photo yesterday whilst using a Sandisk Extreme Pro 95mbs. I was shooting in manual and RAW and it was just the one out of 197 photos. I was also shooting in AFC and 51 point. Just trying different settings, will be trying JPEGS today if I use the camera.

Will keep an eye on it, it does look to be a card problem though rather than camera??

Not sure if anyone's encountered this...

I shoot in Raw & fine JPG, card 2 set to overflow. On downloading the past couple of days images, I noticed that sometimes I'm missing a raw file or other times I have the raw but not the JPG. Out of 200 images there's only about 12 instances of this happening. Settings are usually the same - aperture priority, AF-C etc so nothing strange going on there. I don't mind not having the jpg sometimes but, do mind when I don't have the raw file.

Any ideas?

Similar issues have been mentioned on previous page with card error's.

As it happens I had one blank photo yesterday whilst using a Sandisk Extreme Pro 95mbs. I was shooting in manual and RAW and it was just the one out of 197 photos. I was also shooting in AFC and 51 point. Just trying different settings, will be trying JPEGS today if I use the camera.

Will keep an eye on it, it does look to be a card problem though rather than camera??

I'm using a new Sandisk 64gb Extreme 60 mb/s (the newer gold ones) in slot one. Slot 2 is an older Extreme III but that's only set to overflow anyway. I'll keep monitoring it too & see if I notice a pattern forming.

In a "should have read the manual moment" I just found out that in Auto-ISO mode, you can set the minimum shutter to 1/focal length (or, if you want to fine tune it further a multiple of the focal length) that should prove pretty handy at times.

Hi guys, looking to pick up a D750 in Japan as the pound is so strong against the yens.

Question, should I just get the body or the D750 with 24-120 F4 pack?

Currently using D7000 with 18-105mm, 50mm 1.4g and tokina11-16 f2.8. Probably keep the 50mm and sell the rest?

Hi guys, looking to pick up a D750 in Japan as the pound is so strong against the yens.

Question, should I just get the body or the D750 with 24-120 F4 pack?

Currently using D7000 with 18-105mm, 50mm 1.4g and tokina11-16 f2.8. Probably keep the 50mm and sell the rest?
Would the lens meet your needs? Would a different (set of) lens(es) be within your budget and meet your needs better?

I think it meets my need? lol was thinking maybe I should save up and get the 24-70? But then is much more heavier and pricier?

How does the two lens compare? I tend to take my camera with me on holiday and sometime to events, casual shooting nothing pro use.

I think it meets my need? lol was thinking maybe I should save up and get the 24-70? But then is much more heavier and pricier?

How does the two lens compare? I tend to take my camera with me on holiday and sometime to events, casual shooting nothing pro use.
Weight and price difference you can easily look up, but would you mind having f/4 as their maximum aperture? Potentially, you could up the ISO a stop on a D750 to achieve faster shutter speeds without much noise penalty (unless you're already in ISO 12,800 territory), but you won't have the same ability to separate your subject from the background.

Maybe that doesn't matter to you app much and the extra reach would benefit you more.

It really depends on your personal needs. I have the 24-70 as I value the thinner depth of field and light gathering ability more.

If you like the extra shallow DoF that f/2.8 gives wide open, go for the f/2.8 lens. If you prefer eyelashes and eye pupils within the DoF (slight exaggeration but not much on FF!), you may as well have the extra flexibility the other 50mm gives you with the f/4. TBH, I would be tempted to keep the UWA zoom as well as the FF lenses - even in crop mode, it'll give you an EFL of 16.5mm which is plenty wide enough for most normal uses (says he with a 12-24 and an 8mm, both FF...!)

Nikon have announced they are developing a new firmware for the D750. Coming in the summer? I'm getting a sense of deja vu after the last expected firmware that didn't arrive ...

Nikon Corporation is developing new firmware for its Nikon D4S, Nikon D810 and Nikon D750 DSLR cameras, for release this summer. The new firmware will provide support for timecode and recording command functions with HDMI output to external recorders.
With the new firmware, communication can be established between the cameras and external recording devices. Video recorders will be able to recognise the cameras’ own operations, enabling the start/stop recording commands to become synchronised and automated. Meanwhile, new support for timecode imprinting will improve editing capabilities, as sound and video can be aligned, to create a smoother editing process.
Nikon continues to expand and provide greater support for its video-recording functions in response to the creative needs of professional photographers, videographers, video creators and advanced amateurs. With improved video-recording capabilities, users will be able to take full advantage of the performance of Nikon’s range of products.
Demonstrations of the firmware currently under development will be held in the Nikon booth at the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Show, held in Las Vegas from Saturday 11 April through to Thursday 16 April[*].
Simon Iddon, Group Product Manager, DSLR Lenses and Accessories, Nikon UK, says: ‘DSLR cameras are being used now more than ever for broadcasting, film and video production, so they are required to capture stills while being able to support high-quality video recording and editing. This new firmware will make the process even easier, allowing greater communication between multiple systems when used professionally. Nikon’s continuing advancement and dedication to making our products better and even more capable is demonstrated in these innovative new changes.’
Read more at http://www.amateurphotographer.co.u...arget-videographers-47695#26HS1JyxjcG2yXIZ.99

All to do with timecodes and external HDMI recorders.

Quick question.
Has anyone used a D750 in a low light situation? Specifically performance photography (Gigs, theater and so on.)
And would you be prepared to Dropbox me a couple of Raws to play with?
I'm currently using a D3s for that kind of work and am tempted to get a second body and wondered how they would compare.

Had fun with my second body D750 yesterday. It will be going to Nikon tomorrow for the 'flare' issue. I changed lenses from an 85 1.8g to the 105vr which resulted in all subsequent files being taken in jpg normal mode!!!

I only realised when I checked the files in Lightroom!

This also opened up another wormhole - the jpgs were surprisingly flexible to adjust in shadow recovery / highlight muting etc.

Quick question.
Has anyone used a D750 in a low light situation? Specifically performance photography (Gigs, theater and so on.)
And would you be prepared to Dropbox me a couple of Raws to play with?
I'm currently using a D3s for that kind of work and am tempted to get a second body and wondered how they would compare.

I have some at 12800 if you want them?

Apologies if this has been answered before, but 80 pages is alot to wade through.

I have completed the online return form for the 750 advisory and have the RTN number. Did anyone get a confirmation email, or was the first email received, the email outlining where to send the camera etc?

My D750 arrived this morning, first ever FF camera, so far very impressed -)
So was my model

16958748757_726eda4170_h.jpg

My D750 arrived this morning, first ever FF camera, so far very impressed -)
So was my model

16958748757_726eda4170_h.jpg

Don't let Yv see that - I think she collects Maine Coons!!! The usual rule is to focus on the eyes but this shot shows that a nose can be even more expressive - and those whiskers!!!

@Hogboy the Sigma 35mm seems an immense lens paired with the D750. It's making me question it's merits vs the Nikon 35mm 1.8 which I had hoped to pair with for when the 50mm was too tight.

I was thinking about selling the 50 1.4 and going with a 35/85 1.8 setup and leave the 24-70 for when needing the entire focal range quickly.

Last edited:
@Hogboy the Sigma 35mm seems an immense lens paired with the D750. It's making me question it's merits vs the Nikon 35mm 1.8 which I had hoped to pair with for when the 50mm was too tight.

I'd probably go for the Sigma if I needed a 1.4 lens but at almost half the price second hand the Nikon 1.8 makes a good case for itself.

it is a HUGE lens, but i managed to get it at a pretty decent price and so far i'm very glad i did, picked up the Nikon 50mm 1.5G today as well which feels like a bodycap by comparison -)
It's my first full frame dslr, and decided to push the boat out with the Sigma

I'd probably go for the Sigma if I needed a 1.4 lens but at almost half the price second hand the Nikon 1.8 makes a good case for itself.
I've got the Sigma and it's an absolutely great lens. That said, if size or weight was an issue, I'd have no hesitation in picking up the Nikon 1.8.

Back