Nikon D750 & D780

I have some puffin images on Flickr which some were taken using a hired 300 f4 PF this year and some taken last year with the 70-200 f2.8 with 1.4 TC. All were taken at quite close focusing distances (1-4m) so may not be relevant to taking them at further distances.

Will have a look when home. Cant get on to flickr at work but can see images on here from flickr - quite odd!

just took delivery of a 50mm 1.8g. so its the first time the 70-200 and grip has come off this camera. obviously makes a huge difference in weight. had a few test shots around the house and am so pleased. now thinking i might take this combo with me to Dublin on Thursday and hopefully i'll get some free time Friday to get some shots before i come home.

The d750 and the 1.8gs do make great lightweight combos.

just took delivery of a 50mm 1.8g. so its the first time the 70-200 and grip has come off this camera. obviously makes a huge difference in weight. had a few test shots around the house and am so pleased. now thinking i might take this combo with me to Dublin on Thursday and hopefully i'll get some free time Friday to get some shots before i come home.

It is all I ever use with Nikon FF because its the only one I have. It has some color fringing but not obvious unless zoomed in.

I have lost my light weight set up with 1.4 prime and 2.8 zoom.

I do miss the 50mm though!

Well they have said it easy to lose. Never lost mine. But no chance losing my d500 eye piece thou

Mine arrived today, a week after ordering but this was the second camera they sent :facepalm: pretty impressive as it was still in HK yesterday morning!

First impressions are that I should have bought one on release, I’m really loving the lighter weight but still great grip. AF seems good, ISO seems a little silly, I’m not used to seeing 12800 as an option at all :LOL: The variable minimum shutter speed is going to be a handy feature too! I’ve only had a quick play as the battery has been charging and I’ve done editing to finish off but I’m over the moon with it at the moment :) I can see myself using the WiFi option a fair bit too to share with my better half, she’s forever harassing me to see photos I’ve taken on the SLR, this way she can have them straight away :D

I don’t give myself long before I have a second to replace my D3 :oops: :$

Panamoz have been brilliant too, I had my doubts but I’m converted, service has been outstanding.

Last edited:
I've not had a eye piece for something like 6 months and i can't see behing much of an issue. I have two spare in the drawer but haven't got round to replace it!

I think I must have the only D750 with a secure eyepiece :LOL:

Mine arrived today, a week after ordering but this was the second camera they sent :facepalm: pretty impressive as it was still in HK yesterday morning!

First impressions are that I should have bought one on release, I’m really loving the lighter weight but still great grip. AF seems good, ISO seems a little silly, I’m not used to seeing 12800 as an option at all :LOL: The variable minimum shutter speed is going to be a handy feature too! I’ve only had a quick play as the battery has been charging and I’ve done editing to finish off but I’m over the moon with it at the moment :) I can see myself using the WiFi option a fair bit too to share with my better half, she’s forever harassing me to see photos I’ve taken on the SLR, this way she can have them straight away :D

Panamoz have been brilliant too, I had my doubts but I’m converted, service has been outstanding.

From the experience i have had with the wifi, its not worth the bother of trying it. Connection constantly drops out even when camera and phone/table are sitting still beside each other. And when you open the app to view images, it has to load previews of every image on the card before you can scroll through them, by which time the connection has probably been lost:confused:

Ahhhh I see Phil, it’s just been working okay for me but admittedly it was only a quick try, I’ll probably only use it for sending the odd photo over to my fiancée, not for long term tethering etc. That said it may have been quick as it hasn’t got that many photographs on the card at the moment as I haven’t taken that many!

Which device are you using it with and which connection method? I have an iPhone so had to used the SSID option but seemed pretty straight forward :)

Ahhhh I see Phil, it’s just been working okay for me but admittedly it was only a quick try, I’ll probably only use it for sending the odd photo over to my fiancée, not for long term tethering etc. That said it may have been quick as it hasn’t got that many photographs on the card at the moment as I haven’t taken that many!

Which device are you using it with and which connection method? I have an iPhone so had to used the SSID option but seemed pretty straight forward :)

I was using a Samsung table and phone just using the camera as a wifi network and then connecting either to it. I only use it an odd time when away for the weekend, sometimes it works, other times i just give up.

Check your camera bag. I ‘lost’ it once but later found it in the bottom of the camera bag! Ended up leaving a think tank eye piece on as that never moved.

I had the camera on a strap over my shoulder. Just took it with me on a quick walk to the shops with my daughter. Had her on my shoulders on the way back so it’s likely rubbed against my hip and fallen off.

And when you open the app to view images, it has to load previews of every image on the card before you can scroll through them, by which time the connection has probably been lost:confused:
That`s not strictly true, select on the camera the photos that you want to D/L then select the photo, hit the "i" button and hit OK, When you turn on the WIFI it will only select the photo/s that you selected and it really is that simples.
Take note @addicknchips

An arguably more reliable way to transfer photos to the phone is using one of these (I imagine they do android equivalent). Allows you to transfer RAW as well as jpeg. I use one to back up my photos whilst on holiday.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B071GQP25Z/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Everytime ive used the nikon app on my android phones ive never had an issue with transferring pictures.

Everytime ive used the nikon app on my android phones ive never had an issue with transferring pictures.
I've not used the app for years, does it still only transfer jpeg?

How are they coming off?... I have had my D750 since it first came out and have not lost mine. It does have a split on the rubber though, but I can't get mine off!.:LOL:
Mine has a lot of resistance to try and remove it too.

I have 4 x D750's have never lost one of the eye pieces since the very first one. I roll a small piece of black electrical tape together so that it becomes double sided and put a small piece on the top and on each side have never lost another one.

Last edited:
I have never lost mine but have lost my spare one!!

Last edited:
I just use mine without one. Got used to it now.

I've got 2 in a draw somewhere that I brought of Amazon

An arguably more reliable way to transfer photos to the phone is using one of these (I imagine they do android equivalent). Allows you to transfer RAW as well as jpeg. I use one to back up my photos whilst on holiday.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B071GQP25Z/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I had looked at something similar not long ago to edit on my iPad, but yes should work with my phone too :) I was only planning on using the WiFi for the odd shot but it’s nice to know I can use the SD adapter too for all shots of course :)

I’ve had no end of trouble with “third party” SD Card / Lightning readers. Personally I would stick with the official Apple adaptor.
TBH I chose this over the Apple one as it gets 4.5/5 as opposed to only 3/5 for the Apple one. I’ve had no problems using this tbh but YMMV.

TBH I chose this over the Apple one as it gets 4.5/5 as opposed to only 3/5 for the Apple one. I’ve had no problems using this tbh but YMMV.
Not that one in particular, but think I’ve had 3 or 4 non-Apple ones, they either didn’t work reliably (would pop up “unsupported” half way through imports) or in one case caused a couple of SD cards to split apart (physically). Anyway as you say YMMV...

From a couple of weeks ago!

sRPjImwtzHw0Xg7g_38zkFzeVPHuHhqLfMUpYczRD0QpU8-rtFELn-zvOjY5xJJv610aiu_G-LtjZH0ojovsCbwL5eLIblDixxZG1aAV5mV11GH4UVRveLz_vST7DYXedd6eCx8KH4WCWoqFcfrXED2EfD6uHfXpWS9dNV0Keycyrd7wCFyYV2zkDKcuT9K9T-4LV-UrFklnAipeBiyLFrNSBCu2F_XohFFyC2VmfxsjqRfmoJt1H-Q7PXR82pbis3m1l9SMAsB4h4sB0z6rJsvtOIF9sOtYbMzBCXIqvezyOmdn3GSXBtGQAhTjMUy1YwlcGJ_n8rwZl7fJ4EmsPdaKKS01gmkEUgr6cVdBstCAzZr81oNyW0J8vB-xwRMlqyHGs3pk9DgSX4dFf4hJBTBFg6_8uv-NRnDK7s17HUCCA78WmZLWNjuHWuLq-jVpgr5sRwKqoqBNnqE6nqT_xtgEcE4jYcvthmphx11DmjbkNFEa95v6KvLpmK4zNLijwa912eXpJjy6y9GozI-NKTw3Ks2Wzab_xjxs3PUleyYZrP_GXl2lB9atht9g0FRh2tludC0XqcMzqczmScyEtYf4W70G3drRkVuSuOc=w432-h647-no
Very different to what i usually do!

Back