Nikon D750 & D780

I'm now a paid up member of the D750 owners Club after ordering a few bits from Wilkinson Cameras in Liverpool tonight.

The plan is to pickup the rest in a month or two:

D750
Nikkor 24-70mm f2.8
Nikkor 70-200mm f2.8

the Nikon 70-200 F/4 is worth a look too, unless you want/need 2.8, so much lighter and balances beautifully on the D750. I have both and now finding myself only using the 2.8 when I absolutely have to, there is nothing in it IQ wise between the two.

Last edited:
My new D750 and 24-120 should be starting its journey from Panamoz land today.
Can't wait!
Allan

I went for this pair from Panamoz too, and I'm sure you'll love them. They go together beautifully and my 24-70 f/2.8 has hardly had a look in for the last month!

Is they 24-120 really that good? I am tempted to grab one with the D750 as it seems a decent price. The only issue is that I have a Nikon 24-70 2.8 and have solely used that on my previous D800 for shooting video. How is the 24-120 for shooting video? The extra reach would be handy and would cure my lust for the 70-200 and means don't have to faff around with lens changes. Also I keep reading for photo that at 24-50 it can distort and needs post correction? Would the lens also pair well with a D5500/DX body?

Do Panamoz sell the combo in a separate Nikon box? I could potentially buy it and if not suitable sell it on?

I'm pulling the trigger on a Panamoz D750 today I think, I've been looking around for something slightly smaller/lighter than the D800 for travel with primes and have kept an eye on the Sony A7 series but for the price (and compatibility with my existing lenses) it makes sense to go for the D750, it may even replace my D800. Contemplating the 24-120 package though, an extra £330 or so seems a really good price for a lens that £750 new on the open market in the UK.

I don't shoot video so can't comment on the 24-120 for that, but I have no complaints so far. There is a little distortion when wide but easily corrected if required. As Chris says, the price for it in the kit made it almost a no-brainer to get the kit and see if it would work for me as a 'walkaround'/holiday/lightweight/less obtrusive option than the 24-70mm f/2.8, and if I didn't like it I would sell it on later. So far I like it very much :)

@redlion, mine came in one box as a kit.

@Manxmaid thanks for let me know about the box. Hopefully this doesn't affect the re-sale value too much with no official Nikon gold box.

@cybergools thanks for your experience. The consensus seems to be that the 24-120 is a perfect walk-around lens when not doing 'work'

To those who ordered from Panamoz via BACS did they get 3% or 5% of their D750?

Thanks.

5% for me, body only and two seperate purchases.

The normal price listed here is £1165 but states via BACS is £1130.05 which is 3% but I make it to be £1106.75 if 5% BACS?

I bought my original one in November and the last one about 5 weeks ago. Hadn't realised they had changed to 3%. Looking at your current prices, they have come down since my last purchase when I paid £1168.00 with the 5% off.

They've recently changed to 3% from 5%

Thanks for confirming. I thought I was losing it for a moment! Either way still a cracking price. Hopefully arrives before the bank holiday weekend.

Odd thing is someone earlier bagged a D7200 with 5% BACS hence was asking...

Thanks for confirming. I thought I was losing it for a moment! Either way still a cracking price. Hopefully arrives before the bank holiday weekend.

Odd thing is someone earlier bagged a D7200 with 5% BACS hence was asking...
If you question them they will honour the 5%

I continue to absolutely LOVE the Nikkor 58/1.4 on the D750

Tithe-Barn-Wedding-Photography-Rozie-and-Tom-131-of-232.jpg

Tithe-Barn-Wedding-Photography-Rozie-and-Tom-193-of-232.jpg

Tithe-Barn-Wedding-Photography-Rozie-and-Tom-203-of-232.jpg

Tithe-Barn-Wedding-Photography-Rozie-and-Tom-214-of-232.jpg

Tithe-Barn-Wedding-Photography-Rozie-and-Tom-216-of-232.jpg

Tithe-Barn-Wedding-Photography-Rozie-and-Tom-218-of-232.jpg

Tithe-Barn-Wedding-Photography-Rozie-and-Tom-227-of-232.jpg

Crunch-time about to pull the trigger on the D750 with the 24-120! I couldn't stomach buying another 24-70 so this could solve my B-Camera set-up D5500/24-120 for decent reach and then 24-120 on the D750 for travel set-up.

The cost to get as a kit makes it a decent value as pointed out. If I don't get on with it then it'll be up for grabs.

Not had the camera long and I am still getting to grips with it having moved from a D200. Here are a few pictures I've taken recently.

1. Snowdon
990fe81929cef0b4571c0eb18c8572f9

This was a couple of weeks after I got the camera and I managed to get some muck on the sensor - not PP'd it of yet but the sensor has since been cleaned thanks to the advice on here.

ea96737d5a42d20bf314dac7ea44ac99

446b1e86f7dbdc116d94823415bcf105

516428d489feda07e7bf2f24a1f826e0

7cac21de58a6152610a4228ded5103af

The last 4 were taken recently near Avebury in Wiltshire

On the darker photo's I was amazed as to how much detail I could get back with PE10 where I could get it to look almost like daylight.

So far, I think the D750 is brilliant, very flexible, very forgiving and very complicated. I got the Nikon 24-70mm with it as well and I find that amazing compared to a very cheap DX equivalent.

Reactions: dkh
I gave mine a decent test yesterday. Despite a lack of reach, I certainly couldn't fault the AF on the D750. It's not quite as customisable as my old 5DMKIII but it stands way ahead of the Fuji X-T1 I was using before. In fact, the Fuji simply couldn't cope with subjects like these Red Kites.

These were all shot with the Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8 VR (MKI)

My D750 kit is on the UPS van for delivery today.:clap:
Wish you hadn't posted those pictures with the 70-200, they are impressive and I might need to buy one..........
Allan

Thanks guys... Bear in mind that all three of those shots are very heavily cropped. In one instance, the AF point wasn't much smaller than the bird. :D

I'm very impressed with that 70-200mm... It's exceptionally good value compared to the VRII version (which I owned when I had my D800).

My D750 kit is on the UPS van for delivery today.:clap:
Wish you hadn't posted those pictures with the 70-200, they are impressive and I might need to buy one..........
Allan

I recently bought the Tamron 70-200 2.8 VC, definitely also worth a look.

Same here, replaced my VRII with it after it broke, is as good, if not better.

I also considered the VRII but Im glad I went for the Tamron and saved the 400-500 quid. I think the main reason to get the VRII is if the shooter wants to use TCs with AF. I dont.

I looked at the Tamron and whilst it had some excellent reviews, I was worried about the bad ones. I also asked Panamoz if they could get me one but I was told that they weren't stocking them any more. I'd heard that it was because of quality control issues. I picked up a nearly mint Nikon VR (MKI) for £650 in the end so it turned out to be a moot point. :)

I looked at the Tamron and whilst it had some excellent reviews, I was worried about the bad ones. I also asked Panamoz if they could get me one but I was told that they weren't stocking them any more. I'd heard that it was because of quality control issues. I picked up a nearly mint Nikon VR (MKI) for £650 in the end so it turned out to be a moot point. :)

Was also a concern of mine, but Ive seen bad reviews posted for most lenses and figured Id just send it back for a refund/replacement if it arrived faulty. I also liked my VR1, its a very nice lens to use.

Just signed up to Club D750 with 24-120mm lens, Yes i am a happy bunny :) my first full frame camera, bought from Panamoz as recommended by "Spiritflier" which i can thoroughly recommend, ordered friday & arrived monday with full tracking all the way, great service, Previous cameras is D7100 ( which am keeping ) so shouldn't have many issues learning to use it...........

New kit arrived this morning, all very nice and from what I have been able to take today, images are superb. Very impressed, looks like my D7200 is going to stay in the bag for a while!
I wanted a Nikon 70-200 f2.8 a few years ago, but didn't fancy the prices, so I bought a Sigma 70-200 f2.8. I was so disappointed with it, I took it back and got a refund.
I save up a bit more ( a lot more!) and bought the Nikon. I loved it, but after a while decided to go on the downgrade route to m43 and other mirrorless and sold all my Nikon gear.
So, I've now gone full circle, back with Nikon and I'll probably start looking for a nice used Nikon 70-200 V1 again.
Just need to sell more stuff to fund it.
Anybody need a new kidney?
Allan

In anticipation of my new kit coming can anyone please recommend a screen protector? My D800 used to have the clip on cover by default but this doesn't obviously exist for the D750 screen. Secondly can anyone recommend a small bag to house say just the D750 and an attached lens for minimal bulk when out with it. I have this but find it too bulky to take out.

What made you go full circle @allanm from M43 back to Nikon?

In anticipation of my new kit coming can anyone please recommend a screen protector? My D800 used to have the clip on cover by default but this doesn't obviously exist for the D750 screen. Secondly can anyone recommend a small bag to house say just the D750 and an attached lens for minimal bulk when out with it. I have this but find it too bulky to take out.

What made you go full circle @allanm from M43 back to Nikon?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GGS-LARMO...422?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item339e71aa6e

As twist says that the glass protector i have on mine and have always used them for all my cameras... fantastic they are

Think we all do circles as I have done it too...:exit:

nothing ever beats Dslr at the moment that my point of view

Another vote for the Larmor screen protectors. I fitted mine last week and it's so neat it's hard to believe it's there. From using them on different DX bodies and Fuji's in the past this seems to be the best looking/fitting one I have used. They seem to have improved since changing from GGS to Larmor.

Back