Nikon D750 & D780

In dropbox yes but when I opened in LR they were definitely brighter - probably has something to do with them being raw files.
Yeah weird, I've just edited my post to show the difference. I've never known dropbox change exposure before, but as long as the downloaded files are ok it's fine :)

Cool that a nice camera too but d750 will be better at higher iso.

I like the A7II but its blowing my budget and the lenses are way more. E.g I was looking at the FE 24-105 and pre-ordered it at £1070, the Nikon 24-120mm comes with the kit (probably not quite as good but miles miles cheaper). A7II focusing isn't great. I want to get into weddings and feel having the D750 would push me more towards that as I know its more than capable AF speed wise. Dual card slots also.

Other thing is I feel like I baby Sony FE kit as it just feels delicate, more rugged would be nice.

I like the A7II but its blowing my budget and the lenses are way more. E.g I was looking at the FE 24-105 and pre-ordered it at £1070, the Nikon 24-120mm comes with the kit (probably not quite as good but miles miles cheaper). A7II focusing isn't great. I want to get into weddings and feel having the D750 would push me more towards that as I know its more than capable AF speed wise. Dual card slots also.

Other thing is I feel like I baby Sony FE kit as it just feels delicate, more rugged would be nice.

Buy it already!!

Been playing with the D500 today. It does make you appreciate how good the D750 is in low light and high iso!

How come you’re selling D750?

I’m not yet. I have been deciding if I wanted to keep it or get a D500 so testing out a D500 for the weekend alongside my D750 to make a decision!

Honestly do you really see the difference in iso. I couldn’t but sometime a fraction if looking for it

Been playing with the D500 today. It does make you appreciate how good the D750 is in low light and high iso!
Phew. That's saved me some cash. I've been considering one as a third body. I'll get a second Fuji X100T instead. :LOL:

Can't beat a D750.

_7507492.jpg

Honestly do you really see the difference in iso. I couldn’t but sometime a fraction if looking for it

Yes - was shooting indoors at 12800 and the difference was bigger than I thought. I have some of the images which I will upload when I get some free time!

I have both. The 500 has fantastic autofocus, very quick and very accurate, feels great in the hand and of course more reach.
The 750 wins in lowlight situations, just more noise from the 500’s APS c sensor.

Ok dokie. But the D500 beats a few of the Sony thou I believe with high iso

It’s great to have both at the same time to compare strengths and weaknesses.

Lucky I have the opportunity without having to spend any money!

It’s great to have both at the same time to compare strengths and weaknesses.

Lucky I have the opportunity without having to spend any money!

I be waiting to hear your though

Even at iso 3200, I can see a stop maybe more difference when downsampled. That's a lot.
TBH I didn't see that much difference when shooting at 12800, maybe I need another trip to specsavers ;)

Last edited:
It’s nearly a stop behind as per dxo

You can see the results above. There's no cheating. Both a7 and d500 at same iso at 12800.... d750 at 25600. Nikon got way more out of Sony sensors back then. It changed with the a7rii.

Last edited:
So took both out to shoot the wife having her horse riding lesson today.

The D500 is very fast, the focus is very good but 10fps is maybe a bit overkill for equestrian!

The D500 is a beefy machine, side by side it’s quite chunky! That can be positive or negative depending on how you like your cameras!!

Initial impressions are that looking at unedited images the D750 retains better details even at low ISO. I was running both cameras at 1/1000-1/2000 at f2.8-f4 with the 70-200 VRII.

I didn’t realise how much more ‘reach’ you get with DX, it’s been so long! Great at the long end but sort of awkward at the short end.

I think for equestrian, as it’s not the fastest moving sport, either camera will do the job! If I wasn’t so fussy then I think I would probably choose the D500, but every bit of detail counts for me and think will end up staying with the faithful.

So took both out to shoot the wife having her horse riding lesson today.

The D500 is very fast, the focus is very good but 10fps is maybe a bit overkill for equestrian!

The D500 is a beefy machine, side by side it’s quite chunky! That can be positive or negative depending on how you like your cameras!!

Initial impressions are that looking at unedited images the D750 retains better details even at low ISO. I was running both cameras at 1/1000-1/2000 at f2.8-f4 with the 70-200 VRII.

I didn’t realise how much more ‘reach’ you get with DX, it’s been so long! Great at the long end but sort of awkward at the short end.

I think for equestrian, as it’s not the fastest moving sport, either camera will do the job! If I wasn’t so fussy then I think I would probably choose the D500, but every bit of detail counts for me and think will end up staying with the faithful.

Now you can chill and enjoy the D750 without thinking of the D500.

Yes it well built camera AF ace.

I do agree images with D750 are better to play with. You never know I might come back but think I wait till d760 or mirrorkess

I was basing it on my own experience not the DPR charts :p

We know when he gets his lab coat out we get some great results out of him. I prefer listen to Toby than dpr

Back