Nikon D750 & D780

Lots to be recovered if you shot RAW.

Thanks - bit limited with editing right now as I only have my phone with me. Also with my old Olympus I wasn’t able to transfer RAW files (or even view them on the camera, come to think of it) but have just realised that I can do so with the d750.

looking for a good remote/shutter release that can do timed and multiple exposures

have a look at the hahnel ones, i have the captur which is a basic shutter release but also works as a wireless remote for a flash (manual settings only on the flash). You can also then add the pro module which will give you the timed and multiple exposures as well as a few other bits like auto trigger using a lazer beam and i think it also has a noise activated thing too.

looking for a good remote/shutter release that can do timed and multiple exposures
I have the PIXEL T6 that work well, totally wireless 100 meters I think (maybe 100 FT) They also look good compared to some.
I think about 30-36 GBP

Last edited:
Thanks - bit limited with editing right now as I only have my phone with me. Also with my old Olympus I wasn’t able to transfer RAW files (or even view them on the camera, come to think of it) but have just realised that I can do so with the d750.

Hope you've got plenty of sd cards with you then

On Olympus you can view the .orf (Olympus RAW file) just like you can view Nikon .nef in camera, however you are not actually viewing the RAW file on either but the embedded JPEG’s. This is why you may notice that the histogram in camera may look different to that of the imported RAW into lightroom or whatever software you use. There has been a lot of request over the years for cameras to show the RAW histogram but it’s eithrr falling on deaf ears or it’s too difficult/requires too much processing power.

Cracking mate.

Hallelujah with the raw. Do you see a difference in the finished article?

Yeah I think I have seen the difference - keeps you a lot more scope to change things. Getting the final look I was happy with took a few attempts.

I created a couple of presets but can't remember which ones I used! I'm taking it LR will tell me if I load up the files again (maybe!).

Sadly the horse in the photos is being put to sleep today which is a bit heart breaking for the owner. I'm glad we got these done and hope I have done the horse/owner justice.

Yeah I think I have seen the difference - keeps you a lot more scope to change things. Getting the final look I was happy with took a few attempts.

I created a couple of presets but can't remember which ones I used! I'm taking it LR will tell me if I load up the files again (maybe!).

Sadly the horse in the photos is being put to sleep today which is a bit heart breaking for the owner. I'm glad we got these done and hope I have done the horse/owner justice.

If you look at an image you have process in LR (while in the develop tab), on the left of the screen there is an history panel. There you can see all the change you have made including preset. It's also usefull to come back to an earlier version of your edit sometime when you go too far.

£185 cash back on the D750 at the mo, selling for £1400 and something after cash back in Jessops.

I've had that pesky 28-300 out again. I feel like I should make an effort to use a different lens when I go to the agricultural shows. But it's just so versatile. The red kite was cropped from a horizontal shot and then some more as a record shot.

Ooooh swirly bokeh.... I do love the 58G!

41941329965_b3900afe8b_b.jpg

Be carefull sometimes things look further in the viewfinder that they are! And come down pretty fast too!

Are you speaking from experience? I’ve done this shot to death to be honest. I actually get her laughing by sticking my butt out for a kick, turn and booom! Probably amusing more to any onlookers. Things we do, eh.

£185 cash back on the D750 at the mo, selling for £1400 and something after cash back in Jessops.

Mega deal isn’t it. They had a deal on CPB in the week on 810’s, for £1195. Didn’t know whether that was genuine, almost felt obliged to try it. They’re still £1995 cheapest UK.

Last edited:
Mega deal isn’t it. They had a deal on CPB in the week on 810’s, for £1195. Didn’t know whether that was genuine, almost felt obliged to try it. They’re still £1995 cheapest UK.
£1195 for a D810, and CPB are UK only I believe, that’s mental :eek: I’d have bought a few and sold them for profit ;)

for those who shoot raw plus jpeg is there any particular settings for the jpeg output you tend to use as i thinking when i shoot certain stuff that is only going on facebook i dont want to spend time messing about. with all the raw files if i can just crop where necessary then happy days.

for those who shoot raw plus jpeg is there any particular settings for the jpeg output you tend to use as i thinking when i shoot certain stuff that is only going on facebook i dont want to spend time messing about. with all the raw files if i can just crop where necessary then happy days.
Standard picture setting with slight increase in contrast and clarity. I don’t use them though, I just have them in case of card failure so I’ve got a back up of something at least. The reason I don’t shoot RAW and RAW is that I don’t have SD cards fast enough to keep up with the XQD card and so it slows shooting.

Are you speaking from experience? I’ve done this shot to death to be honest. I actually get her laughing by sticking my butt out for a kick, turn and booom! Probably amusing more to any onlookers. Things we do, eh.

My boy is way to scared of the swing yet! If he was that high he would be screaming.

That’s a real shame, good looking horse, I bet the owner was very upset, you've definitely done a brilliant job for her, these are the best images I’ve seen from you Justin, well done. Wouldn’t mind seeing more if you’ve processed them yet!

That’s a real shame, good looking horse, I bet the owner was very upset, you've definitely done a brilliant job for her, these are the best images I’ve seen from you Justin, well done. Wouldn’t mind seeing more if you’ve processed them yet!

I have put them all through LR now and picked out about 90-100 that I am going to be sorting out cropping and fly removal etc on, and will share some others once done!

Going to give her the whole set and if theer are any others she likes I can edit at a further date!

Very sad indeed :(

Camera is back within 2 weeks from Nikon looking like new. Just need to set it all up...[emoji16]

silly question, how do you do that?

There's an option on the menu. I'm sure someone will be able to pinpoint exactly where it is.
But basically it backs all your setting to your ad card. Then if you have to do a factory reset then you reload all your settings.

Back