Nikon D750 & D780

Changed my mind on Loxley Frame - came in quite high as didn't realise prices were +VAT! Will look for a frame elsewhere!

Yup, that’s the sucker punch. Their framing prices are relatively high. I have a local guy to me that’s very reasonable so doing it separately, if you have the time, is cheaper. There’s no gamble with the print though, worth every penny.

Yup, that’s the sucker punch. Their framing prices are relatively high. I have a local guy to me that’s very reasonable so doing it separately, if you have the time, is cheaper. There’s no gamble with the print though, worth every penny.

Yeah will go find a frame then order print size to match. Any particular paper or quality to choose?

Yeah will go find a frame then order print size to match. Any particular paper or quality to choose?

Lustre is the standard really. They’re C Type prints from Loxley as standard. I do like photorag which is a giclee paper and more ‘fine art.’ Saturated colour in the latter and looks very up market just need to handle it carefully and they’re a little bit more. Depends what size you’re thinking. Lustre is bomb-proof but it would look great in photorag too IMO.

Lustre is the standard really. They’re C Type prints from Loxley as standard. I do like photorag which is a giclee paper and more ‘fine art.’ Saturated colour in the latter and looks very up market just need to handle it carefully and they’re a little bit more. Depends what size you’re thinking. Lustre is bomb-proof but it would look great in photorag too IMO.

12x15 or around that size. Picture frame express do frames from around £20 but so many options some of which I’m not clued up on!

Smooth cushioned black or just flat black probably suit the image.

12x15 or around that size. Picture frame express do frames from around £20 but so many options some of which I’m not clued up on!

Never used them, but don’t forget a mount.

Been trying to decide on the mount and which colour would work best with the photo
What about the company that advertise on here. I've had a couple of canvas from them and was rather impressed with the quality

Think I am nearly there...

Canvas Final by Justin Akehurst, on Flickr
Cracking
There was a lovely local village 'wake' on yesterday which I decided to take my favourite combo (750/35). Haven't been shooting much with the 35 for some time, but always love the rendition and Nikon colours. Just a random couple. My daughter enjoyed her first Punch & Judy show..

Face Painting..

42084743505_3ab27ae6cb_b.jpg

29114124758_7a747fb16f_b.jpg

29114124938_6080ba33fd_b.jpg

42084746395_f37a0e95b8_b.jpg

Obviously we picked a spot for dad to shoot directly into the sun!

42084746975_d2e7a5621b_b.jpg

She's not much of a poser, really!

29114121078_15b66d517f_b.jpg
Nice set. That lens is really nice, which 35mm?

I tried lots of different types of glass but these days I usually take it out ;)

The only time I leave it in is if the picture is going to be hanging in direct sunlight, and then I'll usually use a fancy uv-, colour- & reflection-free - but very expensive - artglass.

Hi, yes i`m still here, I received today a new flash unit, Not too much choice as my other one decided to break a little.
The one I got is this one.
https://www.amazon.fr/Voking-Vk800-...F8&qid=1529939133&sr=8-1&keywords=flash+vk800
I must say it looks good comparing it to my other Yongnuo, This does TTL and other nice things that I`ll never use, well probably not anyway.
Off out I went to test this new flash and to see if it would shut down due to the temperature, nope, it stayed going.
Seems to work well in conjunction with my camera in TTL mode and all seems good.
Anyway, I thought I would just pop by.

Never used them, but don’t forget a mount.

So decided to go 12x8 or 15x10 as the photo fits that size very nicely (same ratio) depending on final frame price.

Just after peoples opinions on frame width and mount width and colour!

Was thinking black frame with white or off white mount?

The frame width I was thinking of was 23mm - as any bigger on a print this size might be too much.

Then maybe a 25mm mount? Seem like ok ratio of frame/mount etc? This is all new to me but want to get it right as its a gift.

Any opinions from any framers be appreciated!

Maybe I should start a thread somewhere!!

Last edited:
So decided to go 12x8 as the photo fits that size very nicely.

Just after peoples opinions on frame width and mount width and colour!

Was thinking black frame with white or off white mount?

The frame width I was thinking of was 23mm - as any bigger on a print this size might be too much.

Then maybe a 25mm mount? Seem like ok ratio of frame/mount etc? This is all new to me but want to get it right as its a gift.

Sounds about right. I’ll check what the last order I did in those sizes later but sure was similar.

Reactions: JJ!
Thank you! Help has been appreciated!

Yes spot on that. The last desk frames I had were Loxley's Spectrum, which is a 23mm profile. The mount is no more than an inch, maybe a bit less. Just remember to leave enough space for the mount when doing separately ie. make sure you have an inch above the horses head.

Yes spot on that. The last desk frames I had were Loxley's Spectrum, which is a 23mm profile. The mount is no more than an inch, maybe a bit less. Just remember to leave enough space for the mount when doing separately ie. make sure you have an inch above the horses head.

The company I have got a quote from base the mount opening on the photo size so will increase the frame size to match. They have a number of different 23mm frames from basic square black so more smooth edges.

Thinking a simple white mount would be best.

I thought you were playing with Mickey

What makes me smile about this pic is the elaborate naming of it. I do exactly that haha.

Nope, that's not til September. Been playing with another addition to our family, who I can't get a pic of as she's too shy right now. Only got her home yesterday. Little black kitten called Luna.

Nope, that's not til September. Been playing with another addition to our family, who I can't get a pic of as she's too shy right now. Only got her home yesterday. Little black kitten called Luna.

Going to do the same but think next year when Rosie should be old enough to appreciate it ha.

Off to sunny Norfolk on Sunday to the oh friends child's birthday party. She had a message last night I take it Mark is coming, is he bringing his camera with him lol. Never saw that one coming haha

I was invited to a wedding once (but wife and Amelia weren't invited) as long as I took my camera as they hired a naff wedding photographer. I didn't go :)

Anyway, seems I've moved further down the pecking order..

There's a new cat in town by Tim G, on Flickr

There's a new cat in town 2 by Tim G, on Flickr

Last edited:
Off to sunny Norfolk on Sunday to the oh friends child's birthday party. She had a message last night I take it Mark is coming, is he bringing his camera with him lol. Never saw that one coming haha

Wave while you're here lol

I think we are going to a place called sedgeford. I'm just the driver and now photographer what do I know haha

Back