Edit My Images
Yes

Rocket

CTID
Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone know how to reset the image number, (not the shutter count) mine is sitting at D755560 as the camera is new to me would like to start from 0

Last edited:
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Still giving my D750's a regular workout. They're starting to look broken in now. No.1 has to have one of the rubber grips held on with gaffer tape... :D

_7510711.jpg

_7510046.jpg

Name
Kev
Edit My Images
Yes
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Touch wood my one still looks in very good condition. I was thinking of upgrading to 850 but will stick with the 750 for a while longer.
If one of my D750s gives up the ghost I'll be going for a D780. And if that camera turns out to be Nikon's last small DSLR I might stock up on them to see me out!

Name
Kev
Edit My Images
Yes
If one of my D750s gives up the ghost I'll be going for a D780. And if that camera turns out to be Nikon's last small DSLR I might stock up on them to see me out!
You don't want to move to z5,6 or 7?

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
You don't want to move to z5,6 or 7?
Nope.

A Z50 with the kit lens might appeal as a light/compact knockabout camera, but the others don't. The only feature they have which I would like is the liveview capabilities, and I understand the D780 has those.

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
So I finished shooting professionally last year and sold a load of kit but kept hold of a D750 and a 35mm as I thought I could live with just that (okay I kept my 50mm 1.8D as well as it wasn't worth selling). Well it turns out I was wrong, I've been missing my 85mm dearly so last week I found a nice deal on an 85 1.8G that I couldn't resist. After a little calibration it was all ready to go :D

Sunday Walk by Andrew Roberts, on Flickr

Name
Kev
Edit My Images
Yes
So I finished shooting professionally last year and sold a load of kit but kept hold of a D750 and a 35mm as I thought I could live with just that (okay I kept my 50mm 1.8D as well as it wasn't worth selling). Well it turns out I was wrong, I've been missing my 85mm dearly so last week I found a nice deal on an 85 1.8G that I couldn't resist. After a little calibration it was all ready to go :D

Sunday Walk by Andrew Roberts, on Flickr
Nice and sharp with a beautiful model too.

I do have the itch to change, but for some reason I think it may be best to spend the money on a lens. Thinking about the 70-200 f2.8, don’t need the latest one so may be will look for a used vr or v2.

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Nice and sharp with a beautiful model too.

I do have the itch to change, but for some reason I think it may be best to spend the money on a lens. Thinking about the 70-200 f2.8, don’t need the latest one so may be will look for a used vr or v2.
Thanks! Yes it certainly seems to be a good little performer, it needed a little adjustment as it seemed a little off out of the box but it was relatively pain free :)

I was thinking the same about the change, but when it boiled down to it I would just end up with something remarkably similar but with a hole in my bank account so went for a bargain 85 instead. It was Sony mirrorless that I was looking at, bargain lenses don’t really seem to exist on the mirrorless though so stuck with that I had, I’m pleased I did :D

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
No
Thanks! Yes it certainly seems to be a good little performer, it needed a little adjustment as it seemed a little off out of the box but it was relatively pain free :)

I was thinking the same about the change, but when it boiled down to it I would just end up with something remarkably similar but with a hole in my bank account so went for a bargain 85 instead. It was Sony mirrorless that I was looking at, bargain lenses don’t really seem to exist on the mirrorless though so stuck with that I had, I’m pleased I did :D

This is a big sticking point with me, whereas as we all know there are some fantastic bargains out there for DSLR lenses.

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
This is a big sticking point with me, whereas as we all know there are some fantastic bargains out there for DSLR lenses.
Definitely, I think getting bargains for mirrorless tends to be a case of adapting something else, which is fine but can come with its own problems. I’m not averse to using manual focus on an old adapted lens but I’d never have anything of my daughter in focus, she’s way too quick for me to keep up :LOL: