Nikon D750 & D780

Name
Joe
Edit My Images
No
Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the new D750, the latest Nikon FX-format digital SLR camera. Featuring a 24.3 megapixel digital sensor, it shares superior rendering capabilities and latest technology from the D810 and D4s to deliver the ultimate action camera.
The D750 builds on the concept introduced in the D700 to provide pro-level performance in a compact package. Its 51-point AF system with 3D tracking with face recognition assure acquisition and tracking on moving subjects. Dual high speed memory card slots provide continuous backup or extended storage. Magnesium alloy is used in the camera body and mirror box to reduce weight increase durability, while extensive weather sealing is employed to shield against dust and moisture.
The D750 offers high-speed continuous shooting at approximately 8 fps* with AF and AE tracking. To reduce vibration and enhance durability, Kevlar/carbon fiber-composite material is incorporated the shutter unit and has been tested through 200,000 cycles.
With an incredible 50 to 102,400 ISO range, the D750 captures both high and low light subjects under the most challenging conditions. With AF detection down to an impressive -2 EV and select cross-type sensors functional at f/8, the D750 can use Nikon 1.4x, 1.7x or 2.0x tele-converters with autofocus using a full range of NIKKOR lenses.
The D750 has been optimized for movie recording. Offering frame rates up to 50p or 60p at 1920 x 1080 resolution for smooth movement and stabilizing exposure levels. The new EXPEED 4 processing engine reduces noise and delivers rich tones for stunning detail.

http://nikonrumors.com/category/nikon-d750/

Announcement : http://nikonrumors.com/2014/09/12/nikon-d750-full-frame-dslr-camera-announced.aspx/

Last edited:
Coming in 10days according to Nikon Rumours, anyone already interested?

http://nikonrumors.com/2014/09/02/nikon-d750-dslr-camera-to-be-announced-in-10-days.aspx/

I have been keeping my eye on this for a couple of weeks. The initial (leaked) specifications sound interesting. If rumours are to be believed it's leverage sits between the D610 and the D810. Who knows ?

Until Nikon launch it and the full specifications are announced offically who knows, I bet there are a few potential D810 buyers holding back waiting for the announcement before making a commitment to either camera. My appraisal is that Nikon have expanded their range this year due to constant criticism about the lack of flexibility in their pro-line up. This looks like a 'speed / action' choice -v- "top quality still /video" option. Two camera, two different markets....

With rumoured WIFI connectivity and a articulating LCD screen, speed and focusing, this is going to capture a lot of peoples interest.

I have been keeping my eye on this for a couple of weeks. The initial (leaked) specifications sound interesting. If rumours are to be believed it's leverage sits between the D610 and the D810. Who knows ?

Until Nikon launch it and the full specifications are announced officially who knows, I bet there are a few potential D810 buyers holding back waiting for the announcement before making a commitment to either camera. My appraisal is that Nikon have expanded their range this year due to constant criticism about the lack of flexibility in their pro-line up. This looks like a 'speed / action' choice -v- "top quality still /video" option. Two camera, two different markets....

With rumoured WIFI connectivity and a articulating LCD screen, speed and focusing, this is going to capture a lot of peoples interest.

Agreed, will be interested what specs it will have, If it is anything like the D700 was in its day it will be a top class seller, Also to see what price it will be coming out at as there is that many Nikon DSLR's out now will be interesting to see where it sits in the line up...

I thought there was a thread regarding this already or maybe it was just in the d800/810 thread.

Seems like its just a d600 in a d800 body with added speed(af,buffer,frame rate)

Would have jumped straight in if it was the 16mp sensor but can't see that it offers anything worth while for d800/810 users bar frame rate.

I thought there was a thread regarding this already or maybe it was just in the d800/810 thread.

Seems like its just a d600 in a d800 body with added speed(af,buffer,frame rate)

Would have jumped straight in if it was the 16mp sensor but can't see that it offers anything worth while for d800/810 users bar frame rate.

There is a D810 thread already in existence. http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/nikon-d810.548479/ and a few others..

24.3MP sensor has been attributed the D750 (unconfirmed by Nikon) However, they would not release two similar spec models within two months of each other. To do so makes no business sense. I think they will be two distinctly different models, both cameras have separate advantages for different photographers. We will all know soon enough !

There you go:

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/new-nikon-ff-action-camera.554830/

It didnt have the D750 in its title but the discussion is about the same camera

However, they would not release two similar spec models within two months of each other. To do so makes no business sense.

They sort of did with D800/D800E which was a poor marketing decision imo.

I wonder when Nikon woke up and finally realised having 2 identical bodies with same specs (except for the low pass filter properties and price difference) was a bit of a blunder.

I doubt they'll ever make that mistake again.

I wonder when Nikon woke up and finally realised having 2 identical bodies with same specs (except for the low pass filter properties and price difference) was a bit of a blunder.

Production cost wise there is little between them. But it essentially the same model - just a different sensor, built to the same spec. I meant, Nikon are not going to bring two different camera models out with the same specification.

You have to remember that at the time no-one knew how the public would react to having low pass filters removed - obviously now it is pretty standard but it wasn't at the time. Easy to dismiss these things in history. Obviously there is now the D810.

With the D600 being upgraded to the D610 and the D800 to the D810, why is the D700 going to the D750 and not the D710?
Just asking!

600-610 and 800-810 were slight improvements. I'd imagine that with a D750 nikon are both trying to evoke the nostalgia for the D700 as well as making it abundantly clear that this is a major improvement over it, hence not a D710.

If they don't botch this up, it's essentially the camera I've wanted for a few years.

Nikon press release due to be released on the 12th September - two days early!

Posted in full in case the link is taken down:

Nikon’s latest FX-format camera

September 12, 2014. TOKYO – Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the new D750, the latest Nikon FX-format digital SLR camera. Featuring a 24.3 megapixel digital sensor, it shares superior rendering capabilities and latest technology from the D810 and D4s to deliver the ultimate action camera.
The D750 builds on the concept introduced in the D700 to provide pro-level performance in a compact package. Its 51-point AF system with 3D tracking with face recognition assure acquisition and tracking on moving subjects. Dual high speed memory card slots provide continuous backup or extended storage. Magnesium alloy is used in the camera body and mirror box to reduce weight increase durability, while extensive weather sealing is employed to shield against dust and moisture.
The D750 offers high-speed continuous shooting at approximately 8 fps* with AF and AE tracking. To reduce vibration and enhance durability, Kevlar/carbon fiber-composite material is incorporated the shutter unit and has been tested through 200,000 cycles.
With an incredible 50 to 102,400 ISO range, the D750 captures both high and low light subjects under the most challenging conditions. With AF detection down to an impressive -2 EV and select cross-type sensors functional at f/8, the D750 can use Nikon 1.4x, 1.7x or 2.0x tele-converters with autofocus using a full range of NIKKOR lenses.
The D750 has been optimized for movie recording. Offering frame rates up to 50p or 60p at 1920 x 1080 resolution for smooth movement and stabilizing exposure levels. The new EXPEED 4 processing engine reduces noise and delivers rich tones for stunning detail.

And the link here:- http://d750.org/2014/09/

Last edited:

September 12, 2014. TOKYO – Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the new D750, the latest Nikon FX-format digital SLR camera. Featuring a 24.3 megapixel digital sensor, it shares superior rendering capabilities and latest technology from the D810 and D4s to deliver the ultimate action camera.

Confused as to how the non Nikon site seems to of got hold of a Nikon press release 4 days early

Interesting specs, and with a price of £1700 ruffly from the euro conversion, will be interesting to see, really interested to see what the AF is like and 8fps I suspect with a add on battery grip which Nikon will rip you off for again...

Confused as to how the non Nikon site seems to of got hold of a Nikon press release 4 days early

It was buried in the archives - possibly it was considered that no one would look there! - Somebody might have screwed up !

Quite often press releases are given out to companies a few days beforehand but embargoed that they shouldn't be released until the date in question. I think this one has slipped through the net.

The Nikon Ambassadors will have also been given D750s and a few reviewers, again their pictures / reviews will have been embargoed.

It was buried in the archives - possibly it was considered that no one would look there! - Somebody might have screwed up !

Quite often press releases are given out to companies a few days beforehand but embargoed that they shouldn't be released until the date in question. I think this one has slipped through the net.

The Nikon Ambassadors will have also been given D750s and a few reviewers, again their pictures / reviews will have been embargoed.

Oh I get how it works. And I've no doubt this is coming. I'm just surprised this one site has that release. I know its the cynic in me, but that site does seem a little 'Ken Rockwell', with comparisons and recommendations before the fact

Oh I get how it works. And I've no doubt this is coming. I'm just surprised this one site has that release. I know its the cynic in me, but that site does seem a little 'Ken Rockwell', with comparisons and recommendations before the fact

Basically someone has cocked up - it was in an archive and wasn't meant to be found.

same here

Nikon are really confusing everyone …….. wonder when the next rumour will be released

who is going to buy a D4S

Last edited:
They sure have flooding the market with FF DSLR's interesting to see what it will be like, I would look at changing but the D8xx 36mp is still a major seller for me personally...

It will be interesting to see what and when they replace their D4S flagship £5k body with

£2k for the D810 or D750 ………… what £3k of value can they put into a D5 that the D810 docent have for half the price

Nikon cannot not have a D4S replacement and a £5K+ body if they are to be credible versus Cannon

Last edited:
The D4s has only been out since February this year, I wouldn't imagine there be replacing it soon :confused:

so potentially D4S buyers have been reduced by the release of the D800 …… and then more so by the D810 ……. and now maybe by even more so by the "action" D750

Certainly it's time to think about getting rid of your D3S, D4 and D4S whilst you can still get a good price for them

Last edited:
If those really are the specs, thats my next upgrades sorted, as a few have already said, far more the natural successor to the D700 that some of us have been waiting for, though I could live without video thanks very much.

mine too ………. but just a bit wary about buying one within the first few months or so

mine too ………. but just a bit wary about buying one within the first few months or so

I doubt I would, I 'd wait for that initial retail depreciation they all go through, which also allows time for any teething troubles to picked up on and reported/sorted [hopefully]

Back