Nikon D750 & D780

They sure have flooding the market with FF DSLR's interesting to see what it will be like, I would look at changing but the D8xx 36mp is still a major seller for me personally...

Joe did you see the D750 - v - D810 comparison makes interesting reading. For your work you could do with both !

apparently if you practice “spray and pray” shooting, the D750 is going to be a better fit.

should warm the hearts or not of some on here ………. D750 for me

Joe did you see the D750 - v - D810 comparison makes interesting reading. For your work you could do with both !

Don't tempt me ;) & I personally think for now the D800 & D3 serves my needs and gets the job done, rather invest in better glass to be honest, I may consider the D750 in the future but realistically I would prefer to replace my D3 with a D4 and the D800 with a D9xxx or whatever the successor of the D810 will be...

It's a clear strategy to me and I have commented on here before I found the leaked release. Nikon are following Sony's example. They have issued two professional models 'high quality images' (D810) but still a very good all round camera and now the action camera (D750) - not my words, I'm not keen on that label but it sums it up. In essence your choice is quality - v - speed. Consumer choice is a good thing and Photographers will know which way to go out of the two. It's very clever what Nikon have done here from a buisness perspective. Their professional market is a 50/50 split.

I also think they have taken Fuji's example and started listening to what their customers want. With CSCs sales on the increase they didn't have a buisness choice. Evolve or die.

The Nikon D4s is the flagship model it's not going anywhere until there is a D5 (or similar ). The D750 is an ideal back up camera for paps and sports togs.

The D750 could be an iconic camera, add to that wifi and an articulated screen. Trumpets hail it's arrival !

Last edited:
Wonder what the D750 RAW buffer will be like, hopefully it is better than the D700 buffer at 8fps!

for some of us its less relevant ;)

For me its the dual card slots without the huge and unnecessary number of pixels of the D800 for what I do, great noise handling [guessing it will be at least as good as D700 and one hopes better] The video I would probably play with for fun, but unlikely for work. I find the current frame rate of the D700 more than enough on a single burst for the odd occasion I use it [the 'you are now husband and wife kiss' for example] without needing a huge buffer and hopefully like the D700, its tough as old boots at the right kind of price range. I guess we will see about that last bit ;)

ETA: It will also be great for the hobby stuff, sport & a more furry friends, including the work that involves quick moving dogs

Last edited:
To me the D750 will be a good match for match (with, not for) my D700 ……. two different bodies to complement each other … I like the feel and use of the D700 it is a "confident" and competent piece of kit

I can then sell my D7100 which I really only use for birding and use the D750 for that purpose

I still use my D300 especially with the wide DX zoom lens that I have …. and it's good to have around as it is now worth very little

My V1, (I have just bought another as a back up), serves me very well for close up Dragons and similar and occasionally for birds on a tripod with a 300mm Nikon f4 lens

sorted …. as they say …. until the next …….. ??

I just wish Nikon would produce a lightweight 400mm f5.6 VR prime or even update the 300mm f4 to VR

I would love Nikon to produce a 400 F4 or F5.6 prime.

As good as the 300 F4 is, not bothered about VR TBH, i do believe that a 400 F4 or 5.6 would sell.

Too many cameras being released these days...

Too many people wanting the latest kit Jim, I have a D800 and it sure as hell is not the camera that holds me back.
It's just a leapfrogging competition, Canon does this, Nikon the does this and vice versa. It used to be a new model every 2 years or so but now it's silly!

It's just a leapfrogging competition, Canon does this, Nikon the does this and vice versa. It used to be a new model every 2 years or so but now it's silly!
Totally agree with you on that.

How many D800 owners, can honestly say that they need a D810?......Honestly.

It doesn't mean he wants one!

I'm a Canon man and I'm still here, but I've no interest in the camera itself, just curious as to why we are being blitzed with all these bodies!

Hopefully the market will saturate, and bring prices down. That's one good thing out of this!

I agree there's way too many cam models flooding the market lately. Some are too quick to jump on to the next hot number. As if the older model suddenly takes worse images because there's a slightly improved one out!

The D700 was launched 6 years ago !

Technology has moved on considerably. People have been asking for an upgrade for about three years. Nikon has listened to what the consumer wants. There is certainly truth in the old adage "you can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all people all of the time ! "

The D700 was launched 6 years ago !

Technology has moved on considerably. People have been asking for an upgrade for about three years. Nikon has listened to what the consumer wants. There is certainly truth in the old adage "you can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all people all of the time ! "

But how many of the d700 owners bought the d800 in the meantime? :)

And are now peeved the d810 is out...

Last edited:
I would love Nikon to produce a 400 F4 or F5.6 prime.

As good as the 300 F4 is, not bothered about VR TBH, i do believe that a 400 F4 or 5.6 would sell.

Agreed, a 400mm f/5.6 would sell well, A D750 or D810 on one of the would produce a excellent light weight lens, don't know why Nikon haven't made something like this before as Canon have there own version which sells well...

on the basis that Nikon make the excellent 80-400G I'd say its un-realistic to expect them to bring out another 400.

On the D750, IF the buffer is large then that will be my replacement next year...

on the basis that Nikon make the excellent 80-400G I'd say its un-realistic to expect them to bring out another 400.

On the D750, IF the buffer is large then that will be my replacement next year...

But the price of the new 80 400mm VR is almost £2k ……. twice that of the Canon 400mm f5.6 …… OK no VR but it is lighter and easier to use hand held …….. I think that it is a "big" gap that Nikon have especially now that there are a lot of guys interested in wildlife and sports ……… they could easily make a 400mm f5.6 or f4

D750 sounds really good …… if you have the money or chose to spend your the money in that way ….. why worry if it bring enjoyment

I'm now getting used to my 800e (& really enjoying it) - but love sports shooting... 8FPS appeals to me. My ideal would be the AF from the D4s, 36mp, buffer length of the D4, size & weight of the D7100, & 8-10FPS....
I live in hope - lol

Duel sd slots and tilting screen and only 6.5fps (prob 8 with grip)going by the newest posts on NR. Still nothing mentioning the body size though. If they are stupid enough to release it in a d600 type body I would say its half dead in the water already. The 7dmk2 specs seem rather impressive too, I know its not FF and could well be the same 70d sensor but im not sure nikon could match it with anything they have in the other specs.. still on the same/tweeked af system as 6 years ago.

Duel sd slots and tilting screen and only 6.5fps (prob 8 with grip)going by the newest posts on NR. Still nothing mentioning the body size though. If they are stupid enough to release it in a d600 type body I would say its half dead in the water already. The 7dmk2 specs seem rather impressive too, I know its not FF and could well be the same 70d sensor but im not sure nikon could match it with anything they have in the other specs.. still on the same/tweeked af system as 6 years ago.
D600 body and I'm out :(

I think think the size will be in-between the D610 and the D810 because of the new grip that has been announced. Either that or it's to facilitate access to the articulated screen.

Last edited:
This is going to be an interesting one when it's announced later (hopefully). I honestly can't see a 24mp fx body RRP being below £2k otherwise it will knock D810 /D4s sales, unless it's a similar sized/type body to the d610. Wasn't the d610 roughly £1800 RRP when released. I can't work out what nikon is up to here, it seems there are going to be too many fx options, unless it is the d400 dx body that many have been waiting for hidden away under false fx rumours and a huge photokina PR bomb. If nikon does that it would be some PR/marketing ploy!

Back