Nikon D750 & D780

This is going to be an interesting one when it's announced later (hopefully). I honestly can't see a 24mp fx body RRP being below £2k otherwise it will knock D810 /D4s sales, unless it's a similar sized/type body to the d610. Wasn't the d610 roughly £1800 RRP when released. I can't work out what nikon is up to here, it seems there are going to be too many fx options, unless it is the d400 dx body that many have been waiting for hidden away under false fx rumours and a huge photokina PR bomb. If nikon does that it would be some PR/marketing ploy!

All with be revelled soon, It will be a FX camera with a 1.5x DX crop mode which gives 10.2mp out, The German price for it was found, and the conversion is £1800ish so thats the Europe price for it, interesting to see what Nikon will do but I think this camera will overshadow the D610 and be interesting to see if the D610 goes or stays...

The D610 is dead ..... why would you buy it

history

Last edited:

history

I personally wouldn't, never really impressed by the specifications but it was just priced and marketed to temp potential D7000 / D7100 owners to cross over to the FF world. I can see that being withdrawn from sale very shortly.

history
Because its a damn good camera and since you can get it for around £900 its bargain. Infact its a no brainer if you want to enter the FF market. I sold my d700 to buy this and IQ is far better as well as the shutter sound compared to the d700 !
I will wait for the D750 to see if it will fit in between my D610 and D4 (or go for the D810 as I originally planned)

Because its a damn good camera and since you can get it for around £900 its bargain. Infact its a no brainer if you want to enter the FF market. I sold my d700 to buy this and IQ is far better as well as the shutter sound compared to the d700 !
I will wait for the D750 to see if it will fit in between my D610 and D4 (or go for the D810 as I originally planned)

better investment than gold then at £900 a unit

the D600/610 is a failed experiment

D700 and then D800 was sensible

Last edited:
better investment than gold then at £900 a unit

the D600/610 is a failed experiment

D700 and then D800 was sensible

I think the D6xx was a sign of whats to come introducing a FF sensor into a consumer DSLR, I don't honestly think Nikon will produce another DX pro camera, and anyway you can use the D8xx in 1.5x and get 16mp so its like a D7000 built in...

[QUOTE="Joeturner11, and anyway you can use the D8xx in 1.5x and get 16mp so its like a D7000 built in...[/QUOTE]

Which is like owning a formula 1 car & driving to the shops in 1st gear only.

[QUOTE="Joeturner11, and anyway you can use the D8xx in 1.5x and get 16mp so its like a D7000 built in...

Which is like owning a formula 1 car & driving to the shops in 1st gear only.[/QUOTE]

Agreed :) But you get the point DX format is no longer going to feature in the pro line up... & I wouldn't fancy driving a F1 car to the shops, where you put the shopping?!:D

Last edited:
This all looks too good to be true. It's almost the perfect camera on paper. Waiting for the announcement with real interest.

If your going to use the camera like that why not software crop instead?
I do it all of the time... higher frame rate, "extra" viewfinder to help find fast movers in, and if it's going to be cropped later why bother recording the extra? (fills buffer & cards/longer write times/etc). BUT, not using DX mode can allow finer composition...

I do it all of the time... higher frame rate, "extra" viewfinder to help find fast movers in, and if it's going to be cropped later why bother recording the extra? (fills buffer & cards/longer write times/etc). BUT, not using DX mode can allow finer composition...

My D7100 has a x 1.3 crop mode and AFAIK …… it is a digital crop …….. pixels on the image are what matters in IQ ………… not these digital crops … they are there to reduce file size to increase fps ……… but I do not need anywhere near 36mp …….. but that 36mp get reduced by the resolving power of the lens …. so maybe a true 10mp is what I really need ……….

My D7100 has a x 1.3 crop mode and AFAIK …… it is a digital crop …….. pixels on the image are what matters in IQ ………… not these digital crops … they are there to reduce file size to increase fps ……… but I do not need anywhere near 36mp …….. but that 36mp get reduced by the resolving power of the lens …. so maybe a true 10mp is what I really need ……….
A 1.3 crop mode? It makes the sensor bigger???

picture are up on NR does look to be a d600 body, i guess they thought calling it a d750 might attract d700 users and to not p*ss of d600 users having a 3rd incarnation within as many years ..fail

Just had a quick look at them, let's hope it isn't right as that will probably stop a few sales as it's not what people were hoping for. Spec wise it makes some sense with dual SD cards and a flip screen but pro body was what everyone was hoping for. Though it sounds like this is what the d6xx should have been.

Have to wait for the proper announcement now to find out as it could just be a fake mock up as there are also mock up images of it as a pro body. These images could just be an 'April Fools' joke for those wanting a D700 replacement.

Last edited:
Just saw the image on NR. If that's a genuine image (they looked poor quality) then I'll certainly be opting for a D810 not a D750 when I have the pennies.

Why build another small body, and will the consumer buy a 2k camera as most pros wont!

What do canon offer? Which of their models are full sized?

There IS a reason the D4/s is "only" 16MP... and it's not because they couldn't have made it more.

So smaller body and £1799 in UK...

We'll it's now been officially announced - Nikon D750 priced in the UK at £1,799

http://www.europe-nikon.com/en_GB/p...ta\en_GB\news_article\data\BV-PR-WWA1209-D750

Nikon Video here:

Specifications:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqm1rKf1j80

and here....

........few musings from Fro !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8_RTMV1Nd4

Sample images

http://www.cameraegg.org/nikon-d750-sample-images/

Basically an upgraded D700, specifications are now confirmed and are impressive. at £1,799 you get a lot of quality features for your money ! pre orders being taken now at Wex......

Last edited:
AF as in d4s/ 810.... but why in a small body !!??!!??!!??

Smaller, lighter, no eyepiece shutter, no AF-ON button (strange feature to ignore) thats where some of the weight savings have been made !
I think ae-l shares af-l.
But no dedicated button is strange...
And no eye piece shutter make it a no no for many togs

Judging by where it is in the lineup It may say it has the same focusing system but it won't work as fast I bet, this is so weird why upgrade the classic D700 the camera everyone loved and but it in a consumer body?? It looks like a D610 replacement to me...

It does to me too - basically adding a few bells and whistles that a 'consumer' camera might have had in the first place...

It won't be tempting me to change the D610.

Agreed, D610 was a panic response to the original D600 issues, but sales of D610 are still crippled by people who remember those issues so lets create the D750, put in a couple of bells and whistles and move along.

Great, well done nikon, some great features stuck in a crap body. This is simply a d620 and not a d700 replacement. Had this been a bigger camera then it would have been the perfect upgrade for me in the next few months.

Cough d620 cough

Let's properly upgrade the d600 as the d610 was only brought out as a fix becaise we sh*t the bed on the d600.
Lets call it the d750 and try to entice all the d700 owners claiming it's the replacement, instead of calling it the d620 and letting everyone know we have just upgraded the af and re released it for a third time in 4 years yeahhhhh... fail.

No one I the nikin camp can slag canon for re using the same sensor when the past few nikon cameras have be replacements for cameras that they shoukd have been ib the first place.

Why the insistance on video in a dslr body? Im sure some people do but Ive never used video on any of my DSLRs and never intend to to. I would much prefer a purpose built stills only camera in a pro body, dont need the stunted Wifi that works better with accessories or the articulated screen either thankyou.

Judging from the video

The D750 still has the same button layout as the D7000/D7100

I want something that looks and feels like the D300/D700 ……… not the D7100

looks like it is going to displease as many as it pleases

My D700 is still worth a few bob and is still very appealing and the D810 looks like the best upgrade option to go for

But maybe I'm just an "old moaner" ….. not happy with much these days

Last edited:
No one I the nikin camp can slag canon for re using the same sensor when the past few nikon cameras have be replacements for cameras that they shoukd have been ib the first place.

slowly this time.......without the fat fingers

I don't see what there is not to like either. If I were in the market for an upgrade at the mo id be having two.

Last edited:
Small body. Wasn't really a potential customer having recently moved to a D600 but I am somewhat surprised. As others have said, seems to be an updated D610 (and a very good one if you view it that way) rather than the anticipated spawn of the D700. Not going to please many on here but I do wonder if this is more about Nikon being concerned by the ever increasing market share of smaller CSC's which now includes fairly compact full frame offerings.

Last edited:
Back