Nikon D750 & D780

These are nice, but could be made much better (IMO) very easily by making the background completely white instead of having the off white bits there.
Yeah as I've been told several times haha.

I didn't look at the background too much that way as it's something I don't normally do.

Not had a great new year as Me and the Mrs got the Flu so no work and boredom, lots of it.
So as its mild out now and i`m feeling better, we thought a breath of fresh air was in order althou its very windy today.

May the storm force be with you 2 by Graham, on Flickr

Shot a friends kids yesterday [@Wibbly will know them ;-)] and love some of the silly shots, especially this one:

27768210469_0e10c8b6a8_b.jpg

Added a thread here (made a silly little mistake): https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/another-lesson-pullback-included.670429/

Never seen them before in my life. I know nothing. ;):D

Yeah as I've been told several times haha.

I didn't look at the background too much that way as it's something I don't normally do.
Just need PP, that's what I meant (y)

well its time to send back my d750 for the warranty shutter problem !
i have printed off the return voucher as requested.
it say on the instructions to return in original box which i have attach label and hand into the post office
the returns label is with parcel force
it then says no receipt of postage will be given !!!! that means i have no proof i have sent it away
did anyone on here pay for recorded delivery ?? or am i just going over the top

it say on the instructions to return in original box which i have attach label and hand into the post office
it then says no receipt of postage will be given !!!! that means i have no proof i have sent it away

I've replied to your other thread (https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/parcel-force-returns.670479/)

The returns label sent by Nikon should have two parts, one of which is the receipt part signed (stamped?) by the post office when you drop it off. That acts as the receipt part once signed as dropped off at the post office.

Had a play today in the old house as its empty and has bigger windows. Didnt quite go to plan. As per normal didnt turn out how i thought in my head haha

but i had a go anyway.

bw8 by Mark Kingston, on Flickr

bw7 by Mark Kingston, on Flickr

bw6 by Mark Kingston, on Flickr

Ouch. This is looking so huge, such a round belly! I bet she'll be happy when it's over! Best of luck to you guys!

Anyone using an L plate? Thinking I want to add one, but not sure what's needed... also does the L plate still give side access for a wired remote release in portrait mode?

Did you put the original box in another box before sending? Always the safest way, and saves your original box from getting damaged. As Rob says, the Nikon postage label will have had a part attached to it that you get stamped at the post office as proof of postage. But even for things that don't come with another slip, I always ask for proof of postage for things like this time the post office have always given me one.

Anyone using an L plate? Thinking I want to add one, but not sure what's needed... also does the L plate still give side access for a wired remote release in portrait mode?

I bought an "I shoot" L Bracket from eBay 18 months ago and it fits perfectly and gives access to all ports/ doors etc.

Any suggestions for something longer than my 24-70 I can use for landscapes that won't break the bank ?

Maybe something older and manual ? I would love the 70-200 F4 but even second hand they're expensive.
Erm the 80-200mm f4? Push pull ones are really cheap... but could be a bit odd to use?

That's the only cheap one (cheapest) i can think of.

Any suggestions for something longer than my 24-70 I can use for landscapes that won't break the bank ?

Maybe something older and manual ? I would love the 70-200 F4 but even second hand they're expensive.
How much longer? There's the old 28-105mm that is pretty cheap, then you have the 24-120mm f4 that can be relatively cheap used or grey, then there's the 70-300mm G VR that can be found under £300 used.

I had a photoshoot last night and haven't got round to looking at the RAW files yet. I shot in RAW and JPG with Monochrome (yes @snerkler for the AVF comp - well hopefully proving they came out ok lol) .

I'm under the impression that the RAW will still/always be colour, not black and white. Isn't this simply applied to the JPG?

The reason i ask is that there was a long time photographer helping set up lighting and he said that the RAW will also be monochrome... i said to him i think they'll be in colour and he was adamant they'll be monochrome too.

So who was right?

I had a photoshoot last night and haven't got round to looking at the RAW files yet. I shot in RAW and JPG with Monochrome (yes @snerkler for the AVF comp - well hopefully proving they came out ok lol) .

I'm under the impression that the RAW will still/always be colour, not black and white. Isn't this simply applied to the JPG?

The reason i ask is that there was a long time photographer helping set up lighting and he said that the RAW will also be monochrome... i said to him i think they'll be in colour and he was adamant they'll be monochrome too.

So who was right?
RAW will definitely be colour (except the jpeg sidecar/preview will still be mono)

Thanks for the replies :)

Doing some research now, I reckon 200 at the long end is more than enough.
The old 80-200mm would be a good option, BUT it’s a heavy beast to be carting around the countryside etc. When I go out to shoot landscapes I take my 18-35mm and 24-120mm and find 120mm ample for me. Of course, having 24mp allows substantial cropping if you do want that but more reach. I’d still consider the 70-300mm VR though, much smaller and lighter than the 80/70-200mm and can double up as a motorsport lens. I wish I’d never got rid of mine now, it was pretty decent at f8 IIRC.

Yeah something a bit lighter would be nice, my bag is already pretty ridiculous. I'm selling a 20mm 1.8g, once that goes i'll see what I have to play with £ wise and take it from there.

Thanks again

big mistake the 20mm 1.8 is a very light lens, you'll only trim 354g of your bag!

i agree with kingo, i usually tend to go out with only one lens on the camera, maybe be another in the bag but usually not, that way you don't carry too much

Last edited:
big mistake the 20mm 1.8 is a very light lens, you'll only trim 354g of your bag!

i agree with kingo, i usually tend to go out with only one lens on the camera, maybe be another in the bag but usually not, that way you don't carry too much

I won the lens - it's still in its box, I never intended to keep it ?

Maybe a spare bag with some backup kit is the way forward. I tend to do long days and nights out shooting, I'll head out for sunset and then stay out for some astro.

What i really need is a 14-200 F2.8 Plz :D

I tend to take one lens or two. 35 or 85, or if I can't make my mind up I take the 50mm. This morning I went out with the 35/85 combo.

Amelia on her bike by Tim G, on Flickr

I tend to take just the 35 50 85 now unless I'm out with the dogs then I'll take the 70-200. Then when I go to the hide I just take the 150-600

I found that my bag was getting too heavy so just got another bag and separated the lenses much lighter now ;)
[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

I received my Tamron 70-200 today, seems spot on ( I think) with focus. Build wise its very nice as you would expect.
I ordered it on monday very early (5.15am) UK time and it arrived 11.15 today, 3 days aint to shabby.
Off to the Alps on Saturday for 2 nights so we`ll see if it gets any use there.

I received my Tamron 70-200 today, seems spot on ( I think) with focus. Build wise its very nice as you would expect.
I ordered it on monday very early (5.15am) UK time and it arrived 11.15 today, 3 days aint to shabby.
Off to the Alps on Saturday for 2 nights so we`ll see if it gets any use there.

Did you get mk2 version in the end G?

Did you get mk2 version in the end G?
Yeah G2, was very slightly back focusing so a +3 sorted it out. (if I got that right) one thing, you can't use the focal length when the hood is on backwards (not in use) so it stays off or it will stay on but be a pita.

Yeah G2, was very slightly back focusing so a +3 sorted it out. (if I got that right) one thing, you can't use the focal length when the hood is on backwards (not in use) so it stays off or it will stay on but be a pita.
What do you mean you can’t use the focal length? Do you mean the zoom ring is blocked by the hood?

What do you mean you can’t use the focal length? Do you mean the zoom ring is blocked by the hood?
yep thats what I meant, lol sorry I was tired and couldnt think :whistle:

Careful there you had the white coats panicking. They thought there was something new out there

Back