Nikon D750 & D780

Too fast! Thanks, as soon as she started playing with it I knew I had to grab the camera.

I have those moments, generally leave a camera lying around now for those spur of the moment snaps. My little lady doesn't seem to grow, she's so small compared to the rest of them.But she's big on character :)

Managed to find the person that signed for it then ;)
Lol, yeah it was my neighbour but my wife had already been round so it was waiting for me when I got home :)

Photo caption says it all. Another one from our one sunny afternoon in about the last two or three weeks. Expecting 50mm or so of rain in the next couple of days. We might get some sun this afternoon, other than that it's next Monday. Grrr! :mad:

When will the sun return? by Paul, on Flickr

Yeah the weather is carp here too. And doesn't look getting any better. Seeing as I was meant be in essexs this week for the first major shooting comp of the year which I can't attend.

I decided to buy some better back drops for the cheap studio set up ,to cheer myself up.

I've seen others use them on here and they look 10 times better.

If Panamoz offer me replacement A7R3 or refund I’m going with refund! Car is all back and running so funds are all ok, but this D750 ‘old tech’ sometimes just suprises me with its talent.

I know Nikon get a bashing in the Sony thread but sometimes you got to take a step back and realise that the old master can still pull out all the stops!

If Panamoz offer me replacement A7R3 or refund I’m going with refund! Car is all back and running so funds are all ok, but this D750 ‘old tech’ sometimes just suprises me with its talent.

I know Nikon get a bashing in the Sony thread but sometimes you got to take a step back and realise that the old master can still pull out all the stops!

Wise words mate.

It’s only banter, if people are being honest and serious for a minute they would all say how good a camera the D750 is.

What I also didn’t appreciate is how damn quick the 70-200 2.8e is. I hate the zoom ring position, and the build is not as good, but it’s AF speed is ridiculous!

It’s only banter, if people are being honest and serious for a minute they would all say how good a camera the D750 is.

I think if we're all being really honest with ourselves, any mid-range camera these days is more than capable. Sure, some of the features might help you nail a shot in not so perfect conditions, but I really can't see much difference between the 750's IQ and the new bodies currently being launched.

Just don't rave about that 850 Toby, my wallet can't stomach it these days. I've been resting GAS of a new bike against a 105. For once, the bike is winning.

I think if we're all being really honest with ourselves, any mid-range camera these days is more than capable. Sure, some of the features might help you nail a shot in not so perfect conditions, but I really can't see much difference between the 750's IQ and the new bodies currently being launched.

Just don't rave about that 850 Toby, my wallet can't stomach it these days. I've been resting GAS of a new bike against a 105. For once, the bike is winning.
TBH I did a quick IQ comparison SOOC RAW fed through LR with no adjustments and then exported at 6000 x 4000 and the difference is minimal, I’m pretty sure I’m not going to see any discernible difference in the majority of my images. But that’s not why I bought the D850, I’ve never been disappointed in the images my D750 produced in terms of IQ (y)

TBH I did a quick IQ comparison SOOC RAW fed through LR with no adjustments and then exported at 6000 x 4000 and the difference is minimal, I’m pretty sure I’m not going to see any discernible difference in the majority of my images. But that’s not why I bought the D850, I’ve never been disappointed in the images my D750 produced in terms of IQ (y)

I'd have it to utilise those extra pixels and print BIIIG!! I'd like to see a 40x30 print from it.

Your a good bloke, you see common sense more than any of us on here.

Have you contacted Tina I wouldn’t let this drag on too long they knew you were going return it so surely they can refund you ASAP and leave the rest to them

They're just trying to justify their defection!

OK, so I think that this will depend on lenses. Tried a comparison with the 70-200mm f2.8 today and the difference is more marked. It's still not huge, but you can see it.

Urgh. Need to send mine for a service. Each time I turn it on after a period of not using it, the shutter locks after the first shot and it will only reset once I turn it on and off. It'll only do it once and work perfectly until I leave it for a period again; seems to happen more in the cold.

Grrrr.

Last edited:
Urgh. Need to send mine for a service. Each time I turn it on after a period of not using it, the shutter locks after the first shot and it will only reset once I turn it on and off. It'll only do it once and work perfectly until I leave it for a period again; seems to happen more in the cold.

Grrrr.
mine used to do that. except mine did it in all weathers.

So I have the 70-200 2.8e now as have decided the pros out weigh the cons!

So I have the 70-200 2.8e now as have decided the pros out weigh the cons!

Just to recap you decided to stick with Nikon even though you could of got a a7r3 now car fix.

What was reasoning? Are you going fine tune lens this time

Just to recap you decided to stick with Nikon even though you could of got a a7r3 now car fix.

What was reasoning? Are you going fine tune lens this time

Never fine tuned any of my lenses lol my VRii was spot on so never really felt the need.

Car all fixed yes - in laws to the rescue!!

And yes could have got a replacement A7R3 but after using them side by side I have decided it’s a no from me.

Back