Nikon D750 & D780

And the rest :eek: Was offered £900 for my VRII, the E is £2100 used, £1800 grey.

I tried selling for £1500 on here an no one was interested!!! My mates E will be around the same price too, but again probably end up at MPB!

I tried selling for £1500 on here an no one was interested!!! My mates E will be around the same price too, but again probably end up at MPB!
I assume you mean you tried selling the e for £1500? It's because you don't have the magical box ;)

how did they muck with it? always interresting to here about possible trouble, i still haven't sent mine away

Something happened to the top section of the camera. The dials wouldn't change the shutter options ie continuous shooting etc. Alse the got shoe wouldn't work a flash.
It went back and was all sorted in days no questions asked.

I haven't heard of it happening to anyone else so it could of been a one off. I wouldn't worry about sending it back. Just choose a timescale when your least likely to use it

Something happened to the top section of the camera. The dials wouldn't change the shutter options ie continuous shooting etc. Alse the got shoe wouldn't work a flash.
It went back and was all sorted in days no questions asked.

I haven't heard of it happening to anyone else so it could of been a one off. I wouldn't worry about sending it back. Just choose a timescale when your least likely to use it

I think they might have been someone on this thread with the same issue?

Yes i keep pushing back the sending away, there's always something in the coming week which make me postpone it!

Edit: Ignore, problem solved ;)

Last edited:
Yesterday lunchtime it was aperitif time
Tamron 70-200 G2

GRE_9938 by Graham, on Flickr

I think they might have been someone on this thread with the same issue?

Yes i keep pushing back the sending away, there's always something in the coming week which make me postpone it!

i did post about it before so it could well of been me haha

You lot are a bad influence. I shot this almost wide open at f2. Couldn't quite bring myself to risk f1.8. :D

5-w6pkfFUw0vV_tsMBP2k_c-eudvbkJxuW8yhVkL7ePCNnYhSUcE9EjkWFDG-exGfaFd34AWuKYI-Gbr-RYysBqgA03yRY3LRdVrkUezJY7BjDyRLHWEVOvFw3kv0qg7eGFwrwWm7R6K-Wgh7ISf3eM1HO8UvvfJTYWKSOW3cFfbqb1wA6R0WkdmwrX5UA6ZHt0MQDyBc77SHXUTIZDGeGIyPJkx4Eodvc5vfSRSgC3oaU6dv23XTP6nplSMj7Q_HZchFc2zDra4BIziKpHs4ux5gkQprOxfG33OBSe8KIk3ycGWohtLIh8nvY8mWQr9aMBB-6TZHgqcyh6gwoAFe16Yub2t02Yr2EKaUl0rk1_1Jqtc-oOXUINvOzSmeJMvKFTiQLaRlrarJrNW_kQkhc7pAjNVUQfun-P--FapwDnLGMJtscDozoIjljZWg1o0UpXbGiDATJMOl7MfN71M5TmhPi4f-OZCCACDbQgwtQBKtwClfs2ZfAckE_xthiMoakp2raTHaSPpnJxs3Wzkr8sAP9VVNctwE9jiLBg8QHT6r9nJeE97XYkVqDaUtoLLNtCrscmnFNy-5bCnztbL4IWkMHl92DdkTZZUh_DF=s773-no

Just had fiber optic fitted into my flat, I only get about 500mbps d/l and about 108 mbps upload, not too shabby I think.
I think if we lived closer to the main exchange we'd get upto 1gbps.

Last edited:
Just had fiber optic fitted into my flat, I only get about 500mbps d/l and about 108 mbps upload, not too shabby I think.
Bloody hell. I get 32-35mbps upload and about 4-7 upload. It's fibre too, although not the fastest. The faster fibre here is still well below 100mbps download.

Last edited:
Bloddyhell we only get 20mbps max download and about 7mbps upload.
I could really abuse those speeds haha

And here's a screenshot of the action. Oh and come to the south of France enjoy the fastest Internet and get a early suntan[emoji41]FB_IMG_1523910229759.jpg

Are you French?

Quick question:

Teetering on the edge of the Sigma 70-200 2.8 (lastest version) for £500, 1 year old from Jessops. Seems in decent condition etc.

I have also this morning been offered a Tamron 70-200 2.8 VC for £570, 2 years old from Jessops. Seems in decent condition etc.

Bearing in mind weddings is the aim, low light AF and 2.8 performance are pretty key factors, which is the better buy?

Quick question:

Teetering on the edge of the Sigma 70-200 2.8 (lastest version) for £500, 1 year old from Jessops. Seems in decent condition etc.

I have also this morning been offered a Tamron 70-200 2.8 VC for £570, 2 years old from Jessops. Seems in decent condition etc.

Bearing in mind weddings is the aim, low light AF and 2.8 performance are pretty key factors, which is the better buy?
I don't know how they compare to each other, but the Sigma is noticeably slower than the Nikon VRII.

Quick question:

Tamron IMO!

Although if looking to go pro I would really try save for the G2.

Quick question:

I had an sigma and the iq was poor. So I went the whole hog and got a second hand nikon vr1. Whole world's apart in iq. But do was the price.
It pains me to say it but id probably go for the tamron if I had to choose one of those.

Quick question:

Tammy all the way, great lens for the money! HAven't got it now but here's a couple from one:

33821092282_15bc60aa7b_b.jpg

33821092692_d5f3f4817f_b.jpg

I'm hooked on Star Wars Battlefront 2 at the mo ;)

I need a new game. Been a destiny 2 fan, but its getting a bit tedious now! Was thinking maybe Far Cry 5. God of War is getting 10/10 reviews though.

I wish I had time for gaming these days :| Saying that, even when I did I would just play whichever Battlefield was the most recent at that point :LOL: BF4 was the pinnacle though, superb game!

I wish I had time for gaming these days :| Saying that, even when I did I would just play whichever Battlefield was the most recent at that point :LOL: BF4 was the pinnacle though, superb game!

Was just about to say the same thing. How have you guys got so much time on your hands, do you suffer sleep deprivation?

Quick question:

85mm.

:D

That may have been said in jest, maybe not but I agree! 85mm doesn't leave my camera at weddings. The other body tends to have 35 or maybe 24/70 depending on location :) My 70-200 barely gets used, in fact I the last wedding I used it at was May 2016 :eek:

Back