Nikon D750 & D780

It is but you've said your skint. So get a 50mm d. Loads cheaper and just as good in my opinion.

Well I have £200 to spend on a lens so I have options!!

I still have enough to eat so maybe skint was a bit OTT!

He was on about getting the 50mm g.

The d is just as good in my opinion and loads cheaper so he can afford to eat aswell :rolleyes:

I didn't realise how cheap they actually are!

Sorry have seen this discussed on the thread but not sure where, I am going to send in my D750 to Nikon for the service advisory, should I pack it securely in the camera box, and put that into another box or put it in a camera bag and put all of that into a box with bubble wrap.

Thank you

Sorry have seen this discussed on the thread but not sure where, I am going to send in my D750 to Nikon for the service advisory, should I pack it securely in the camera box, and put that into another box or put it in a camera bag and put all of that into a box with bubble wrap.

Thank you

I just found a box the right size wrapped the camera in loads of bubble wrap and then tapped it up like a mummy

Thank you
When I sent mine in it went inside the D750 box which I put inside another box. I think they ask for it to come back in the original box if you still have it. Also when you fill in the recall request they will contact you when you have a ‘slot’. I think it’s their way to stop being sent a huge number of cameras at once and make turn around time faster. There probably aren’t as many going back as there was at first.

Last edited:
When I sent mine in it went inside the D750 box which I put inside another box.

Same here. The original boxes are designed to offer protection, and another one adds a secondary level of it. They're paying so it doesn't matter how big or heavy the package is!

Only send the body - no strap, battery, card or anything else. That way they can't get lost.

Thank you both, have filled in the form and did not say they will contact me, I have a RM label to print and use that to send to them.

Same here. The original boxes are designed to offer protection, and another one adds a secondary level of it. They're paying so it doesn't matter how big or heavy the package is!

Only send the body - no strap, battery, card or anything else. That way they can't get lost.
I did the same, I even bubble wrapped the original box (so many on here like original boxes in great condition- just seems to help when you sell it on). Only thing I sent with the D750 was the body cap. No battery or memory cards, even took off the eye piece as they come off so easily!

I did the same, I even bubble wrapped the original box (so many on here like original boxes in great condition- just seems to help when you sell it on). Only thing I sent with the D750 was the body cap. No battery or memory cards, even took off the eye piece as they come off so easily!

I left my eye piece on as it had some gaffer tape holding it in place. They nicked the gaffer tape! :LOL:

When I filled in the form I said I am sending in the battery as well, so will have to send that, but will removed the eye piece. A bit gutted went on holiday and did not check that the camera was in JPEG as opposed to RAW....:mad:

Barcelona by SEP9001, on Flickr

After having played for the first time with my d500 today i thought the af was all hype. It most definitely isnt.

The dr is nowhere as good as the d750 the noise handling is like night and day in my opinion. Its no awful by any means but its not as close as they make out.

Thank you
Original box in another box with ‘padding’ to the Nikon box ‘rattling’ around. Remove everything from the camera before sending such as battery, memory cards and eyepiece.

When I filled in the form I said I am sending in the battery as well, so will have to send that, but will removed the eye piece. A bit gutted went on holiday and did not check that the camera was in JPEG as opposed to RAW....:mad:

Barcelona by SEP9001, on Flickr
How did you find Barcelona? Went a couple of months ago myself.

After having played for the first time with my d500 today i thought the af was all hype. It most definitely isnt.

The dr is nowhere as good as the d750 the noise handling is like night and day in my opinion. Its no awful by any means but its not as close as they make out.
Are you shooting jpeg or RAW? The reason I ask is that there’s only 0.5ev difference in DR, and I found noise fairly comparable, with the D750 being 2/3 stop better at high iso (12800) at most. The most noticeable thing I saw with noise is that you certainly see it earlier on the D500.

Are you shooting jpeg or RAW? The reason I ask is that there’s only 0.5ev difference in DR, and I found noise fairly comparable, with the D750 being 2/3 stop better at high iso (12800) at most. The most noticeable thing I saw with noise is that you certainly see it earlier on the D500.

That's what I mean then from 1100 iso it's clear it's there where on the d750 on the same lens it wasn't as noticeable till at least 5000 in comparable situations.

If the d750 had that af I don't think I'd of even looked at another camera

I'm shooting raw.

That's what I mean then from 1100 iso it's clear it's there where on the d750 on the same lens it wasn't as noticeable till at least 5000 in comparable situations.
Tbh there’s so many variables it’s difficult to properly judge. Some will say technically you get noise at all ISO, for me it becomes apparent at around 1600 on average on the D750. That being said in poor quality light I could see it earlier than that, but that’s at pixel level. I think we all detect it differently tbh, even down to the quality of the noise.
If the d750 had that af I don't think I'd of even looked at another camera
D850 :whistle: ;)

Tbh there’s so many variables it’s difficult to properly judge. Some will say technically you get noise at all ISO, for me it becomes apparent at around 1600 on average on the D750. That being said in poor quality light I could see it earlier than that, but that’s at pixel level. I think we all detect it differently tbh, even down to the quality of the noise.
D850 :whistle: ;)

As soon as I pressed post I thought that

I have had 2 D500s and they left me a little cold.

Once my head had realised that the AF in the D750 does what I need it to do and has actually never missed focused on a moving subject I never wanted to go back!

Original box in another box with ‘padding’ to the Nikon box ‘rattling’ around. Remove everything from the camera before sending such as battery, memory cards and eyepiece.

How did you find Barcelona? Went a couple of months ago myself.

Barcelona was good, did not get to go as many places as I wanted as kids did not want to see all the bits I wanted to see/visit.

Thank you

I have had 2 D500s and they left me a little cold.

Once my head had realised that the AF in the D750 does what I need it to do and has actually never missed focused on a moving subject I never wanted to go back!

Yes mate I agree if I didn't need the reach or the lighting fast af then I wouldn't of needed a second body.
For your type of shooting then I agree the af is more than man enough.

You biggest thing is to shoot in raw esp when you do the indoor stuff. You will recover so much more under those lights and in bad lighting.

The biggest thing I'm struggling with at the min is the fov. I just need to remember to zoom out more rather than sitting there on 600mm.
Oh and also the shutter I just have to caress as if I plant my fat fingers on it. I have about 40 shots haha

I've been out of my comfort zome today. trying to photograph animals running around. I need some advice on what focus mode/s to use!

Thankfully this critter wasn't moving very fast. Slight crop from 70-200 w. x2 TC.

I've been out of my comfort zome today. trying to photograph animals running around. I need some advice on what focus mode/s to use!

Thankfully this critter wasn't moving very fast. Slight crop from 70-200 w. x2 TC.

Single point AF-C for me. Some use d9, group or 3D, but I prefer single point.

hi all iv been playing with a d7100 and am now considering selling all my olympus gear and getting a d750 , any advice on what to check with a used body please ?

Single point AF-C for me. Some use d9, group or 3D, but I prefer single point.
Hmmm. That's how I usually shoot everything and it didn't work for me on the sheep and sheepdogs.

Tried 3D and d9 and 3D seemed best. But I've not had the lab coat on yet.:D

If I find anything half decent that's in focus I'll post it later.

Af-c single point all day long. Served me well on the gsd display team I used to shoot for.

Hmmm. That's how I usually shoot everything and it didn't work for me on the sheep and sheepdogs.

Tried 3D and d9 and 3D seemed best. But I've not had the lab coat on yet.:D

If I find anything half decent that's in focus I'll post it later.
User error then :p

hi all iv been playing with a d7100 and am now considering selling all my olympus gear and getting a d750 , any advice on what to check with a used body please ?
Usual checks (condition, shutter count, grey/UK doesn’t matter but can affect price), plus if it was affected by the recalls and if those recalls have been done.

User error then :p
Usually is! :LOL:

I couldn't keep the focus point on a dog or a pack of sheep going full pelt with unpredictable changes of direction. 3D seems to have done the job for me though. And the x2 converter was OK too. Pity the ISO was over 2000 all he time.

IYlUCKAUeUyrmsZ23Qdp1ETKvAnrXlgvwX7E-PKAYd-IX-gFA3PThiAeR7mNGWO6_jo8SS1XnGK_VobTasHH_Aj_DVzEIzHUvpRniVQvMnIdx1HVJdZPb5bfr_QtsbJ_Gn5GAesoezZni714nypI0Nhnh5HThyBkNDIdJvwn_R09GqD8P9mnL26P7rFDIddmGekBVZ2V1YpX7y3DYARIrrbqNh93thbBulImeARKgBCQoNtbA9YewvIb58UPDTQuNbhQDcYsa5GVtQ7giIU2Jz4Izus68CJ6rlSKTpo2OehwPhREP2yN-98VvdLZQ-L0fQMiA2-dr_bwd4asV9g6-4artYolZIib3JYIQJCsMmQw_cPbCZJsWOOuGTmJUwhrwEoUIeYuMNGRZe6MuRfiJF7Rc8KJQJ-0SAY8IiDxe7duDqI56X5zPd5XV5nwjki5-TDqqv8SH5Q-JTEow1_lGwa7h8buE9jHR-oP0ezXju2NBTXC-kVSEhoPM043R3BBy1wJ-kK2YM5ASn7RrOkwFcnbrArV-MwcFTK6gVXFGGiVH5Fe8wkWcespM3kpA6Ds8CEEGjt6lg0h94kxqGeYuIUVXGy5Iq0qNWpUgXQx=w1100-h773-no

SqUbhzzmJnJ8swbTN5ci73iraAnytvYRCzMMYahzwf367Nnfno1EKMuZrzr0TUb3oId9YdDWjxLYQ6WbphdRX0gtzEI59GYgVJ8rYFvgs8Gykh512f_ugRT2qo45NpSo1JNDoIRWcvjxMqJ1uu_uMnokDiZ3qc58gET7-Hty03YgSDcnRgx4_fnEGrcel3GXAfVEKW_M2Ky8drf1Lz9QvGeLo-3LV9WH0SIbb9kARUDqCffJvE9cGi2Wzo9146QqvE1-X64TXDe3o4caqfhzOhknJsToHqYKMOTWxvkPYX1scw4KCfAS2swh5sQah-PWPWAKcygAeMD-mc5AKOoyjXyN_Huf-iqj_qhY2soicddY6TNJ6UPq_X4lZ5Vh7uR1Cz2Op8fCFe4u8psiaWjkEtmJnUOHwa0J0f4959Rb1haox7T5QOb0aCFvLL5ulCC8e1mW1cay1Q4hVxiFuau7EMEggW3ecx4Z42ECFOT0vIqsyd-pADxgI45LLEJzj4rIRDbNy0W8tkxuKPMlnlg3kzv_-B3RB5tn6_bkfpt_bGfOfS9BDJ2VKv7v19XEOd0TU3tJbwSx40w4QKISWG0qqRuyDnqYnFyhCjWjZ_A3=w1100-h773-no

Back