Nikon D750 & D780

Wow when you put it like that its a no brainer. Thats all the focal range i think i would ever need, apart from a nice sharp prime for portraits.

I think im sold on the D750.
Bargain price on a 50mm 1.8g in the classifieds

Bargain price on a 50mm 1.8g in the classifieds
I only signed up to the forum 2 days ago so unfortunately i do not have access to the classifieds yet. But im sure i will find a good deal somewhere.

Just thought I'd pop in and say "hi" as I've got got myself a D750 and a Tamron 24-70 2.8 to go with it (you can bet the D750 replacement will happen very soon now - happened with my D7000 lol). I've been using a D7000 and Tamron 17-50 2.8 (pretty much lives on it) so it's certainly a big jump in weight! So far liking the feel of the D750 and the deeper grip - even though I keep hitting the wrong buttons on the back.

Not had the chance to properly go and test things out yet but managed a snap in the garden with my only model who doesn't walk away or complain.
Danbo Plank by Kat, on Flickr

Lovely shot and welcome. Pay no attention the screen protector and lab coat crowd. Just get out there and shoot away. I've got the same combo - it's great!

Just thought I'd pop in and say "hi" as I've got got myself a D750 and a Tamron 24-70 2.8 to go with it (you can bet the D750 replacement will happen very soon now - happened with my D7000 lol). I've been using a D7000 and Tamron 17-50 2.8 (pretty much lives on it) so it's certainly a big jump in weight! So far liking the feel of the D750 and the deeper grip - even though I keep hitting the wrong buttons on the back.

Not had the chance to properly go and test things out yet but managed a snap in the garden with my only model who doesn't walk away or complain.
Danbo Plank by Kat, on Flickr

Welcome and enjoy the glorious camera. Ignore all the Sony talk we have called the police to eject them and will be getting a court order in place to stop them coming within 2 threads of us.
The tamron 24-70 is a great lens even thou I hate tamron as a company.

What about better processor, different AF modes, faster frame rate, better native ISO, and better buffer? Granted none were game changers but tbh you could argue that new models (such as the D5) are only incremental updates. We really don’t need every latest and greatest model.

What S model had all that then ?

But then the Nikon site says differently. Bizarre as I usually rate photography life. Looking at the specs on the Nikon site I can only see better native ISO, group AF and more ISO control in movies, otherwise they look the same. So I take it back, the 'S' upgrade looks pants ;)

https://www.europe-nikon.com/en_GB/product/discontinued/digital-cameras/2016/d4s#tech_specs
https://www.europe-nikon.com/en_GB/product/discontinued/digital-cameras/2014/d4#tech_specs

But then the Nikon site says differently. Bizarre as I usually rate photography life. Looking at the specs on the Nikon site I can only see better native ISO, group AF and more ISO control in movies, otherwise they look the same. So I take it back, the 'S' upgrade looks pants ;)

https://www.europe-nikon.com/en_GB/product/discontinued/digital-cameras/2016/d4s#tech_specs
https://www.europe-nikon.com/en_GB/product/discontinued/digital-cameras/2014/d4#tech_specs

And the financial hit from trading / selling the d4 to get the d4s is crazy. I could probably keep the d4 and get a d750 as a second lighter smaller higher res body

Lovely shot and welcome. Pay no attention the screen protector and lab coat crowd. Just get out there and shoot away. I've got the same combo - it's great!

Thanks! :)

Welcome and enjoy the glorious camera. Ignore all the Sony talk we have called the police to eject them and will be getting a court order in place to stop them coming within 2 threads of us.
The tamron 24-70 is a great lens even thou I hate tamron as a company.

Haha. I'll do my best to ignore them then. What I read when I was looking up lenses suggested it was a great lens and as my other tamron was I thought it was worth looking into.

I've been trying a D7000 out today because I thought that for under £200 (it's dog rough) it might be cheaper than getting a longer lens. As soon as I swapped the lens onto a D750 everything got so much better. :D

That looks like a very excited dog! Concentrating, concentrating.
They're obsessed with sheep! Even when not rounding them up they're watching their every move.:) I'll be putting some more pics up in my thread in the project section tomorrow.

They're obsessed with sheep! Even when not rounding them up they're watching their every move.:) I'll be putting some more pics up in my thread in the project section tomorrow.

Lol, that looks like the dog’s driving the car ;)

Border collies are clever. But not that clever.

At least not when they are sitting on the passenger seat. :D
Ahhh, and there was me thinking it was actually driving :( ;) :p

Been so long since I took any photos! Friend asked for a small shoot today - editing is going to take forever as there were so many flies about and on the horse!

Tried some RAW and editing.... eeeeekkkkk

Red & Nikki by Justin Akehurst, on Flickr

Red by Justin Akehurst, on Flickr

These are nice, you could improve the first by shooting from the other side of the horse to eliminate the shadows across her/horses face/body. That said, if it was a “in the moment” thing then it’s well caught and ignore the above.

These are nice, you could improve the first by shooting from the other side of the horse to eliminate the shadows across her/horses face/body. That said, if it was a “in the moment” thing then it’s well caught and ignore the above.

I have photos from all angles lol. The Sun was quite high so literally took pics from all angles and there are more in different locations. Just got these 2 processed so she can have a look. Another 298 to go through! Editing out the damn flies!

What are you using to edit them out? I use PS for things like that, patch tool or clone stamp should do the trick and quickly too :)

I have photos from all angles lol. The Sun was quite high so literally took pics from all angles and there are more in different locations. Just got these 2 processed so she can have a look. Another 298 to go through! Editing out the damn flies!

ah fair enough. The light in the second is nice as it backlights the horse.

Got our with the camera with the family on Sat. Weather was pretty pants during the day but we were treated to a half decent sunset. Love how much the camera was able to recover shadows but wish I'd remembered my tripod! My hand was getting a bit sore by the end with the weight of the lens! I'm a bit confused with Flickr though. The pictures are sharp on my computer but look a bit out of focus on there.

Roseberry Topping by Kat, on Flickr

Roseberrry Topping sunset by Kat, on Flickr

Got our with the camera with the family on Sat. Weather was pretty pants during the day but we were treated to a half decent sunset. Love how much the camera was able to recover shadows but wish I'd remembered my tripod! My hand was getting a bit sore by the end with the weight of the lens! I'm a bit confused with Flickr though. The pictures are sharp on my computer but look a bit out of focus on there.

2nd one is right up my street, very nice colours.

Look very sharp from here. Maybe it's dependant on what you're viewing on.

Number 2 for me.

Like the paraglider on the hill tip too.

I picked it up again this weekend. I do like colourful things..

42692199552_7dbf1bd95c_b.jpg

But also like gritty mono too..

42692199842_679a957242_b.jpg

That's a beaut!

I've over 13,000 images to go through and cull, tomorrow. Swap?
giphy.gif

Back