Nikon D750 & D780

I picked it up again this weekend. I do like colourful things..

42692199552_7dbf1bd95c_b.jpg

But also like gritty mono too..

42692199842_679a957242_b.jpg

Fantastic mate.

Eva is almost crawling, so a month or 2 and I'll be able to get some action shots :)

Yes mate it's amazing I still can't believe how quickly it's flown by. Only seems like yesterday that I was at the hospital holding her for the first time.
Yeah I'm 43 this year so it's all a bit weird. But in a good way.
It's the little things that surprised me. Like getting ready to go out isn't a simple task any more. Haha

I'm a young 41 but a little too selfish before she came along, sure put a different spin on things. Just glad I'd gone through the early picture taking days so at least as I document her growing up, they look half ok. There was no way I wasn't going to take my camera in for the birth even when it became an emergency C section :) Must be one of my favourite pictures I've taken..

24166653402_6cfe1f3eea_b.jpg

Last edited:
So a few weeks ago I turned 30, I’m notoriously difficult to buy for so everybody just gave me some money to spend as I saw fit. I didn’t want to just frivolously squander it so I chose to spend it on something that I wouldn’t normally that would hopefully last me a long time. And that is the story of how I ended up with this lovely Billingham Hadley pro :D:cool: I hadn’t really seen what the fuss was about until I saw one in person, the quality certainly is nice and will hopefully last me many a year :D It’s also tardis like, I can get alsorts in there. 2 D750s with lenses attached, flashes fit in the front pockets, iPad slip in the back. It's a similar size to my current walkabout one but I can fit more in, yet in a lower profile.

Billingham Hadley Pro and Nikon D750, 85mm 1.4D by andyroberts1868, on Flickr

Last edited:
I took a photograph of my daughter when she was about 2 minutes old, and its barely even in focus; I'm blaming watery eyes. White balance was way off too, still one of my favourites though :D

I took a photograph of my daughter when she was about 2 minutes old, and its barely even in focus; I'm blaming watery eyes. White balance was way off too, still one of my favourites though :D

I'm sure we've all got an image that's slightly missed but either the moment or emotion trumps the technical flaws, in the end. We do obsess about perfection, which isn't a bad thing to strive for.

Tbh I'm quite surprised she allowed me to take a selfie style picture with her on the table tbh. Must of been the drugs haha.

I'm sure we've all got an image that's slightly missed but either the moment or emotion trumps the technical flaws, in the end. We do obsess about perfection, which isn't a bad thing to strive for.

Couldn't agree more :D

Tbh I'm quite surprised she allowed me to take a selfie style picture with her on the table tbh. Must of been the drugs haha.

I’m told the drugs are excellent o_O

Hey guys, posted this elsewhere but just sharing on here too! After a year of deliberating, this morning I finally bit the bullet and bought a d750 from John Lewis. Was a bit of a rush as I’m now at the airport waiting for a flight. Got the camera out for the first time to take a look and took a couple of test snaps on it, all seemed fine. Then went to take another and the shutter isn’t firing. I’m coming from an oly em10ii so bit of a change for me and I’ll be honest, I’m a bit of a noob with Nikon so have yet to familiarise myself with it. Since it’s new, the battery symbol is flashing to be charged, is that likely to affect the shutter firing? How do I tell if the shutter had jammed and does it sound like that is what has happened? I’ll be fuming if so - this is my honeymoon and I bought it specially [emoji24] any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey guys, posted this elsewhere but just sharing on here too! After a year of deliberating, this morning I finally bit the bullet and bought a d750 from John Lewis. Was a bit of a rush as I’m now at the airport waiting for a flight. Got the camera out for the first time to take a look and took a couple of test snaps on it, all seemed fine. Then went to take another and the shutter isn’t firing. I’m coming from an oly em10ii so bit of a change for me and I’ll be honest, I’m a bit of a noob with Nikon so have yet to familiarise myself with it. Since it’s new, the battery symbol is flashing to be charged, is that likely to affect the shutter firing? How do I tell if the shutter had jammed and does it sound like that is what has happened? I’ll be fuming if so - this is my honeymoon and I bought it specially [emoji24] any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'd take a little guess and say the battery needs a charge 1st. The clue is......... Battery symbol flashing.

I'd take a little guess and say the battery needs a charge 1st. The clue is......... Battery symbol flashing.

Thanks, it was the battery - problem solved! I knew the symbol flashing meant that, I just found it strange that the camera could still be on but not working. That and my hesitation over buying it had partly been due to all the shutter issues so I sort of jumped to that conclusion first and thought it would be just my luck for something like that to happen!

Absolutely the battery needs charging, no need to worry. Just get it charged up and you’ll be away, and if not, John Lewis will no doubt sort you out :) Enjoy the new camera!

Absolutely the battery needs charging, no need to worry. Just get it charged up and you’ll be away, and if not, John Lewis will no doubt sort you out :) Enjoy the new camera!

Thanks! Beginning to wonder if I really was ready to upgrade after being so thick there [emoji23] will have to spend the flight reading the manual now to avoid any other silly posts

Thanks, it was the battery - problem solved! I knew the symbol flashing meant that, I just found it strange that the camera could still be on but not working. That and my hesitation over buying it had partly been due to all the shutter issues so I sort of jumped to that conclusion first and thought it would be just my luck for something like that to happen!
More haste less speed. It's not a race. :D:D

Don't forget the screen protector and double sided tape for the eye piece.

Enjoy the camera it's a great little beast

Thanks! Beginning to wonder if I really was ready to upgrade after being so thick there [emoji23] will have to spend the flight reading the manual now to avoid any other silly posts

Oh we thrive on silly posts. We all make them it's part of the fun being here

Kate, this D750 is a super Camera and once you get used to it (It wont be that long) you will love it and how it renders the colours, Enjoy it and your Honeymoon.
Anywhere nice btw ?

Shutter issues should be long gone now, you should be able to enjoy lots of worry free shooting (y)

Sorry anyone recently sent their D750 for the shutter recall? How long did it take to get the camera back?

Thank you

Nooooo don't say that....
Tbh mate no one else on here had a issue. On 2 Facebook groups I'm on I've only ever seen one other person that has had an issue. That's probably 2 in a few thousand I know of.
I am unlucky mate when it comes to stuff like that yours will be fine I'm sure

Kate, this D750 is a super Camera and once you get used to it (It wont be that long) you will love it and how it renders the colours, Enjoy it and your Honeymoon.
Anywhere nice btw ?

Thank you! Off to South Africa for a bit of Cape Town, wine, and Safari!

Nikon have recently announced s/w upgrades for D5, D850, D500, D810, D610. There appears to be one missing, oh, yes, the D750. In the lifetime of owning it (must be about 4 years now) I've only ever know of one upgrade. Have I missed any?

Nikon have recently announced s/w upgrades for D5, D850, D500, D810, D610. There appears to be one missing, oh, yes, the D750. In the lifetime of owning it (must be about 4 years now) I've only ever know of one upgrade. Have I missed any?

That's cause it's perfect and doesn't need any

When Nikon do updates they’re generally bug fixes and nothing to get excited about. Certainly nothing like the Olympus and Fuji updates.

Back