Nikon D750 & D780

Just a bit, massive bruise on my knee. Definitely made use of cruise control on the way home. Stopped 100 miles into my drive and I could barely walk to MaccyD's for a cheeky bite to eat.

That’s what drive thrus are for [emoji23]

In the process of upgrading to FX from DX D7100 and D7200. New D750 and Tamron 24-70 G2 arrived last Friday. Quickly customised and familiarised myself with the D750, checked two new 64GB SD cards were ok and all was working well before using Saturday and Sunday. Very pleased with both, but certainly noticed the increase in weight over the day. Now need another D750 body as I now have an awkward coverage gap between the D750 24-70mm and D7200 70-300mm.

In the process of upgrading to FX from DX D7100 and D7200. New D750 and Tamron 24-70 G2 arrived last Friday. Quickly customised and familiarised myself with the D750, checked two new 64GB SD cards were ok and all was working well before using Saturday and Sunday. Very pleased with both, but certainly noticed the increase in weight over the day. Now need another D750 body as I now have an awkward coverage gap between the D750 24-70mm and D7200 70-300mm.

The 24-70 is pretty hefty i find. I also have a Tammy 70-300 but honestly find myself sticking to the 24-70 most of the time, just have to get into habit of shifting my arse closer to the subject!

By the way do you (or anyone else) use the tamron tap-in console?
I just ordered a g2 150-600 and another 79 quid for it seemed a bit much, but given the outlay on the lens not sure if I should just bite the bullet with it

Last edited:
The 24-70 is pretty hefty i find. I also have a Tammy 70-300 but honestly find myself sticking to the 24-70 most of the time, just have to get into habit of shifting my arse closer to the subject!

By the way do you (or anyone else) use the tamron tap-in console?
I just ordered a g2 150-600 and another 79 quid for it seemed a bit much, but given the outlay on the lens not sure if I should just bite the bullet with it

I'd see how you get on with it first. Have a google to see if there are any worthwhile updates for the lens (unlikely I'd guess) but if there's MA issues that you can't quite remedy in-camera, then yes get one.

WDXlLWD.jpg

Time for a change and see if this is any better on both bodies. Instead of the sigma

Sorry to be going on about the ENEl15 batteries, so I purchase a used battery form the forum which is a Li-Ion20 a few months ago, and when I sent off my Nikon for the shutter recall a few weeks ago I charged all the batteries I have including the 1 expo one.

Today, the genuine ENEL-15 which came with the body is completely dead, the expro has 1/4 charge but the Li-ion 20 I bough is still on full change, so looks like the older Li-ion 01 drain when not in use, anyone else notice this?

Thank you

After months of prevarication - it's in the post to Nikon. Recall posting achieved... now, just sit and wait I suppose :(

I do have other options (D800 and others) though.

Sorry to be going on about the ENEl15 batteries, so I purchase a used battery form the forum which is a Li-Ion20 a few months ago, and when I sent off my Nikon for the shutter recall a few weeks ago I charged all the batteries I have including the 1 expo one.

Today, the genuine ENEL-15 which came with the body is completely dead, the expro has 1/4 charge but the Li-ion 20 I bough is still on full change, so looks like the older Li-ion 01 drain when not in use, anyone else notice this?

Thank you
My EL15's never seem to lose charge when left, maybe 1 or 2% over a long period.

My EL15's never seem to lose charge when left, maybe 1 or 2% over a long period.

Are the ones you have the li-ion 01 to 20 ones?

Thank you

Are the ones you have the li-ion 01 to 20 ones?

Thank you
Err dunno, whatever came with the D750 ;) I have the EL15a now for the D850 and that doesn't appear to lose charge either. My ExPro EL15's did lose a bit of charge, but not a lot, less than 10%.

Err dunno, whatever came with the D750 ;) I have the EL15a now for the D850 and that doesn't appear to lose charge either. My ExPro EL15's did lose a bit of charge, but not a lot, less than 10%.
Thanks, have contacted Nikon to see what they say...

Think I’m starting to miss those lovely Nikon files… sold my D750 and lenses last year for an X-Pro2 but think I’m swaying back to another D750. Been thinking about other stuff, but think looking at my photographs over the past year the D750/Df combo has given me the nicest files!

Think I’m starting to miss those lovely Nikon files… sold my D750 and lenses last year for an X-Pro2 but think I’m swaying back to another D750. Been thinking about other stuff, but think looking at my photographs over the past year the D750/Df combo has given me the nicest files!

FFS [emoji23][emoji23]

But didn’t I see you flirting with the Sony fanboys??

FFS [emoji23][emoji23]

But didn’t I see you flirting with the Sony fanboys??

Haha! Yeah been looking at the A7ii but not wholly convinced - lens choice is confusing and pricey in relation to Nikon.

Nb. Flirting with the Canon 6D boys as well but I think a Nikon is more what I want... I think :rolleyes:

That was my conclusion after using Fuji too.

Haha! Yeah been looking at the A7ii but not wholly convinced - lens choice is confusing and pricey in relation to Nikon.

Nb. Flirting with the Canon 6D boys as well but I think a Nikon is more what I want... I think :rolleyes:
If you try Sony you’ll only be back in a few months saying the same thing you’re currently realising about the Fuji ;)

You’re just a gear junkie, admit it.

A 6D - really?!

You’re just a gear junkie, admit it.

A 6D - really?!
Haha.. just a simple, confused kind of guy I like to think. Just in search of the holy grail really :D

I’ve always liked my old Canon files funnily enough - 6D would be an option but not convinced it’s as good feature wise as the D750.

Haha.. just a simple, confused kind of guy I like to think. Just in search of the holy grail really :D

I’ve always liked my old Canon files funnily enough - 6D would be an option but not convinced it’s as good feature wise as the D750.

Those body upgrades will cost you! But you’ll have changed 4 times by then anyway..

Back