Nikon D750 & D780

He's changing systems (again) anyway so doesn't matter (y)

Fixed that for you :D:D

In real terms the Nikon mirrorless would be out of the budget when it finally comes out...

I think I'm swaying back towards a D750 having slept on it and looking at my LR catalogue of Nikon images. Just don't need the likes of @Livin The Dream swaying me with fancy lens options :D:p

Quick Q...

D750's that have had shutter recall done on them, do Nikon reset the shutter count on the camera or not?

Quick Q...

D750's that have had shutter recall done on them, do Nikon reset the shutter count on the camera or not?
Generally no, and when I enquired Nikon told me the reason why was that the shutter count indicates the wear of all the parts. Some seemed to have have the shutter count reset, but I think it's been when other work has been done such as minnnnt's screen that was broken by Welshgasm.

Thanks guys - probably going to hire an 85mm for an upcoming holiday to give the focal length a try, i'll go with the Nikon. Not sure I can face the weight of the Sigma lol

@trevorbray - I am hopeless with manual focus on an SLR for some reason!

The Nikon 1.8 looks a great little lens for the money. I have the 1.4 which is good. If I were doing it again, I’d look at the siggy but it’s a real lump.

Thanks guys - probably going to hire an 85mm for an upcoming holiday to give the focal length a try, i'll go with the Nikon. Not sure I can face the weight of the Sigma lol

@trevorbray - I am hopeless with manual focus on an SLR for some reason!

I Have the nikon 85mm 1.8 cracking lens for the money. Works great on the d750. I think I got it used of here iirc.

I Have the nikon 85mm 1.8 cracking lens for the money. Works great on the d750. I think I got it used of here iirc.
You see, you buy so many lens from here, there and everywhere that you can`t remember where you got it from :p

Just as a side note, are you taking any other lenses with you besides the 85? As much as I love mine I would probably find it a little restrictive as my only travel lens!

35 is my go-to travel lens :D last trip away was Budapest and I shot 99.5% on 35, the others on 85.

Taking the 24-70 on the next one though, first proper holiday with my daughter. AF is more equipped to keep up with her, the zoom also makes life easier as she doesn’t always give you chance to zoom with your feet :LOL:

Last edited:
Anyone shooting tethered?
I’m looking for live view so that a client can view product shots as we take them.
I would like to shoot raw, but I’m not sure this is possible with tethered.
Advice welcome.

I have the 1.4G. Funnily enough I bought a 35 after everyone saying it’s the best pairing for the 85 and couldn’t gel with the focal length. Sold it recently to pick up another 50 which I had missed since selling to buy the 35. 135 is what I’m eyeing next though.

I have the 1.4G. Funnily enough I bought a 35 after everyone saying it’s the best pairing for the 85 and couldn’t gel with the focal length. Sold it recently to pick up another 50 which I had missed since selling to buy the 35. 135 is what I’m eyeing next though.

Have always found 24-50-105 or 35-85-135 to be best prime combos.

I’m a 35-58-85 kinda guy. Have the 135 now but do need a 28 or 24 at some point, but won’t ever be something I default to much.

35 and 58 are my most used, in that order.

Woo Hoo! D750 arrived today, was supposed to be yesterday but 'ever reliable' UPS screwed up the delivery!

Very chuffed to come back to the D750... what was I thinking leaving :eek:

All I need now is some lenses, not sure my old 50mm 1.8 & 28-80 f3.3 will cut it for long.

*Anyone wanna buy an X-Pro2 :D

Woo Hoo!
by Dave Young, on Flickr

You should have asked before you bought ... I might have swapped for my Nikon kit ... but then thinking again perhaps good you didn't ask cause I'd have likely been back wanting a D750 2 weeks after swapping for an X-Pro2 :)

You should have asked before you bought ... I might have swapped for my Nikon kit ... but then thinking again perhaps good you didn't ask cause I'd have likely been back wanting a D750 2 weeks after swapping for an X-Pro2 :)
Just look at the amount of people on here and everywhere for that fact that get this thing in their head about an XT100/XT200 XPro-2 or whatever and then .................................PINGGGGGGG they all want to go back to what they had before, it`s a no brainer really, Stick with what you got, you know it makes sense.

Just look at the amount of people on here and everywhere for that fact that get this thing in their head about an XT100/XT200 XPro-2 or whatever and then .................................PINGGGGGGG they all want to go back to what they had before, it`s a no brainer really, Stick with what you got, you know it makes sense.

Yeah they all think the grass is greener on the other side :D:D:D:D

Woo Hoo! D750 arrived today, was supposed to be yesterday but 'ever reliable' UPS screwed up the delivery!

Very chuffed to come back to the D750... what was I thinking leaving :eek:

All I need now is some lenses, not sure my old 50mm 1.8 & 28-80 f3.3 will cut it for long.

Woo Hoo!
by Dave Young, on Flickr

How much that move cost you [emoji23]

Last edited:
Back