Nikon D750 & D780

I do love 35mm, just so flexible! In yer face..

44381670332_689c9762bb_b.jpg

Last edited:
That’s why I love living on the west coast, sunsets over the ocean rather than sunrise :D there are however zero features on the nearest bit of coast, perhaps part of the reason I’m not a landscape photographer :oops: :$
But you do have places inland that could be justified for landscape shots, here, its just s***e land and scorched now that summer has nearly passed.

But you do have places inland that could be justified for landscape shots, here, its just s***e land and scorched now that summer has nearly passed.

Yeah I do :) the lakes is less than hour away too, as is north wales, I was making a poor excuse with my tongue in my cheek :D

Yeah I do :) the lakes is less than hour away too, as is north wales, I was making a poor excuse with my tongue in my cheek :D
I’d be there in a heartbeat :eek:

There's the pier. ;)

I did actually once shoot some star trails over the pier, spent 2 hours sat on a soggy beach in the freezing cold only to realise i'd messed the focus up. That was near the beginning of my photography endeavours and I was so p***ed off that I never tried it again :LOL: I have had a shot printed in Lancashire Life although it was shot on Ca**n and film so not sure if it's allowed in here :LOL:

Sunset over Southport Pier by andyroberts1868, on Flickr

I did actually once shoot some star trails over the pier, spent 2 hours sat on a soggy beach in the freezing cold only to realise i'd messed the focus up. That was near the beginning of my photography endeavours and I was so p***ed off that I never tried it again :LOL: I have had a shot printed in Lancashire Life although it was shot on Ca**n and film so not sure if it's allowed in here :LOL:

Sunset over Southport Pier by andyroberts1868, on Flickr

Heretic!!! :D

I usually photograph the pier when the weather's crap...

Deffo D750 and probably 18-35.

_7501359.jpg

Ahhhhh that's more like a typical Southport day :D

Heretic!!! :D

I usually photograph the pier when the weather's crap...

Deffo D750 and probably 18-35.

_7501359.jpg
Looks like someone`s thrown their Canon over at some point and this guy is now so determined to get it back......:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Had a jolly old time in Italy this past week... to be honest I could stay there for the rest of my days wandering around taking photos! Took the 28mm 2.8, 50mm 1.8 & 85mm 1.8, certainly not too onerous to carry around even in the 30 degree heat. The 28mm f2.8 I bought the week before I went actually got quite a bit of use and I quite like it. Ideally a 35mm focal length would have been more suitable but didn't fancy lugging around my Sigma, although in fairness I could have managed with just that on its own, so the weight would have negated itself really.

Had a medical appointment in the big city (Vancouver) so after having a bit of lunch at Granville Island we wandered around an area we hadn't visited before, namely, the yacht brokers. We saw some beautiful boats. This one, while not for sale, was a bit of a standout. The photo doesn't do it justice re: it's size. It was... large.

If I were a rich man... by Paul, on Flickr

I don't think I could afford the slip fees, let alone the boat. :eek:

Picked up Nikon E series 75-150 f3.5 for £45 as don't have funds atm for 70-300 VR 4.5-5.6G. After reading few basic tutorials, time to test. Tricky with moving peoples and all handheld.
29J89A7

2aPyu9K

2aKas3b

29J89od

This one from 35mm f1.8G with some small processing.

2aPyuqB

Pics not working

Nifty fifty just arrived via amazon. Strangely emblazoned with German warranty sticker and booklet (5 years apparently)

Very quick test straight from camera...looks good to me, focus is on the nose of the bear on the right....

15ceuth.jpg

Last edited:
So in my attempt to try and travel light at times, now I have the 50mm what would any of you guys recommend as a holster or top loading bag. Evrything I’ve seen tends to look a bit utilitarian unfortunately. Something that would take a few minor accessories, D750 camera and up to 24-70 lens as a max would be ideal. Also ideally waterproof

I found this agua case, but thought maybe it was on the bulky side although I like the features of it. Couldn’t see too many reviews though
https://mymiggo.com/product/agua-pro/

Anyone used their D750 in the rain? Mine have spent five hours in moderate rain today and are currently drying out. They don't seem as wet as I was thanks to my leaky waterproofs!

three gamebirds
by Dave Lumb, on Flickr

The plan for today was to go to Legoland, but with a slight administive errror within the household we decided not to book tickets.
Anyhow on the m40 and a sign flashes up Legoland full oooppsss

So back up plan a day at Windsor castle.

Had the 35mm on most of the day

parade 1 by Mark Kingston, on Flickr

parade 3 by Mark Kingston, on Flickr

flying the flag by Mark Kingston, on Flickr

wheres my dinner by Mark Kingston, on Flickr

The light on the last one is awesome!

Had a jolly old time in Italy this past week... to be honest I could stay there for the rest of my days wandering around taking photos! Took the 28mm 2.8, 50mm 1.8 & 85mm 1.8, certainly not too onerous to carry around even in the 30 degree heat. The 28mm f2.8 I bought the week before I went actually got quite a bit of use and I quite like it. Ideally a 35mm focal length would have been more suitable but didn't fancy lugging around my Sigma, although in fairness I could have managed with just that on its own, so the weight would have negated itself really.

Love the black and white shot!

Looks like £45 well spent. (y)

Send it back, it takes wonky shots [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

:D 20 yrs old lens on d750?? but needless to say that I'm really impressed especially in centre sharpness

Love the last shot, I really should take a trip up there.

Thought that was one of the most boring shot and only posted to compare POV.

75-150 E series on action today for Nepalese Teej Festival. Both shots @ 3.5

_DSC9378
_DSC9380

My OH from E series
_DSC9422

Last edited:
:D 20 yrs old lens on d750?? but needless to say that I'm really impressed especially in centre sharpness

Thought that was one of the most boring shot and only posted to compare POV.

75-150 E series on action today for Nepalese Teej Festival. Both shots @ 3.5

_DSC9378
_DSC9380

My OH from E series
_DSC9422
After seeing these shots im impressed also, thats a really nice lens and sharp, well worth the money. Cant wait to see more from you with this lens.

We don't normally get thunderstorms where we live. If we do, it's usually a couple of rumbles and then it's done. Yesterday was a bit different. A thunderstorm rolled in and hung around for a couple of hours. Boy, oh boy, did it hang around. 31mm of rain, lightning, LOTS of rumbling, traffic chaos in parts of the city because we also had two hours without power. I had an event to photograph later in the evening and this happened...

Glory by Paul, on Flickr

Doing something wrong with my d750 at the moment.

I vary rarely use the flash but i've had to recently and wasn't able to make it work properly. Every picture where very badly exposed. Usually over-exposed by a very large margin. I usually shot manual with auto-iso. But i've even try switching to aperture priority or even full automatic with the same results. Some picture are very overexpose, sometimes it look more like bracketing with one good one bad one good... I don't know anything about flash so I might have something wrong.

menu says:

easy exposure compensation off
matrix metering: face detection on
i ws using center weighted area: average

flash sync: 1/200
flash shutter speed: 1/60
flash control for built-in flash: TTL
exposure comp for flash: entire frame
modeling flash: ON
auto braketing: AE
bracketing order: N

any ideas?

Last edited:

I vary rarely use the flash but i've had to recently and wasn't able to make it work properly. Every picture where very badly exposed. Usually over-exposed by a very large margin. I usually shot manual with auto-iso. But i've even try switching to aperture priority or even full automatic with the same results. Some picture are very overexpose, sometimes it look more like bracketing with one good one bad one good... I don't know anything about flash so I might have something wrong.

menu says:

easy exposure compensation:eek:ff

any ideas?

Don’t use auto ISO with flash set the camera to expose for the background and the flash to expose for the subject.

TTL isn’t always a great idea either better to set the flash manually for off camera flash.

Last edited:

menu says:

easy exposure compensation off

any ideas?
Are you talking built in flash or speedlight?

Are you sure you don’t have bracketing on? How close is the subject? Any exp comp? How long between shots as sometimes if you don’t give enough time for the flash to charge up then it will underexpose? You could have flash exp comp set high, which overexposes the image but then depletes the flash so the next shot is underexposed as I said.

Back