Nikon D750 & D780

Had a quick watch at the weekend, looks great mate, top work.

Must admit, I've really lost my photography mojo ever since we did the wedding, hardly picked up a camera. Life has intervened and the run up to xmas is silly season as far as work is concerned (sat here clearing e-mails now). Do love the autumn and have been thinking that it's nearly time for the the autumnal wooded walks with the 135, it's started to stir the mind.

Come on , crack on!

I must admit I did enjoy using just the 35mm for a couple of days. It was an enlightening experience.
Plus I'm glad I'd had the d750 instead of the d500 for the high iso situations.

A trusty 35 is all you need........so why am I looking at 24s and 50s :LOL:

A trusty 35 is all you need........so why am I looking at 24s and 50s :LOL:

I actually like the 28/50 combo or 24/50 combo.

I want to love the 35.. its versitile and covers nearly all you need, but I just can't get on with it!

I want to love the 35.. its versitile and covers nearly all you need, but I just can't get on with it!

I love my 28mm as well tbh

Had a quick watch at the weekend, looks great mate, top work.

Must admit, I've really lost my photography mojo ever since we did the wedding, hardly picked up a camera. Life has intervened and the run up to xmas is silly season as far as work is concerned (sat here clearing e-mails now). Do love the autumn and have been thinking that it's nearly time for the the autumnal wooded walks with the 135, it's started to stir the mind.

Cheers mate.

I know what that feels like, it seems ages since I've shot for me.

I find 35mm is neither one thing nor the other. It's either too long or two short. 28mm on the other hand is perfick!

I always find 28mm just a little too wide for me. Generally I prefer 35mm or if I have a little more space around me 50mm.

I love the 35 to be honest! Saturdays wedding was a little tight in places then long in others. 24/50 would have been great, then 135 for speeches

I did find the 35mm a bit too close sometimes especially inside Harry potter world. I was thinking about a 28mm but would it get the use is my thinking

What other primes is everyone using? I was looking at Sigma Art ones because of how good the 35 is, 24/35/50/85/135 would be sweet but extremely expensive :LOL:

Crikey how could that have happened? Do you think it was done at MPB?

Can only imagine they tested the wrong camera. Will soon see. I have copy of the serial and pics of the camera so will see what matches what!!

Can only imagine they tested the wrong camera. Will soon see. I have copy of the serial and pics of the camera so will see what matches what!!
Let’s hope so! Sounds a s*** situation but maybe the planets are talking.

Hope you get it sorted without too much drama.

MPB are getting some ‘bad press’ at the mo, quite a number of complaints on AVF.

Thought I would double check what the shutter count is - was hoping when I downloaded a photo from Flickr it would work, but can't get it to go through Nikon Shutter count!

Thought I would double check what the shutter count is - was hoping when I downloaded a photo from Flickr it would work, but can't get it to go through Nikon Shutter count!
Do you use Mac or PC?

Prob not in the exif. Try uploading a raw file through one of them.

Or, not a fool proof way as you may of changed it at some point, but i'm sure the raw file names are the shutter count number isn't it? Obviously this can be reset.

Do you use Mac or PC?

Was trying to upload from my phone as the file from flickr is too big.

Flickr is blocked at work so I thought I woulod dropbox it to myself... drop box also blocked!!!!

The file has been through LR and Photoshop so might have lost the data anyway.

I have the original files at home so will just have to be patient!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/enohom08xtxu1jq/Photo 08-01-2014, 03 39 52.jpg?dl=0

If anyone fancies running that file through shuttercount and see if it works.

Can't rmemebr which D750 took that one though!!

Last edited:
Prob not in the exif. Try uploading a raw file through one of them.

Or, not a fool proof way as you may of changed it at some point, but i'm sure the raw file names are the shutter count number isn't it? Obviously this can be reset.
My shutter counts show up on Flickr as "image number". Also on Mac you can open the photo then open info (cmd+i) and scroll to "image number".

Was trying to upload from my phone as the file from flickr is too big.

Flickr is blocked at work so I thought I woulod dropbox it to myself... drop box also blocked!!!!

The file has been through LR and Photoshop so might have lost the data anyway.

I have the original files at home so will just have to be patient!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/enohom08xtxu1jq/Photo 08-01-2014, 03 39 52.jpg?dl=0

If anyone fancies running that file through shuttercount and see if it works.

Can't rmemebr which D750 took that one though!!
That image says 308 shutter count.

MPB are getting some ‘bad press’ at the mo, quite a number of complaints on AVF.

They certainly don't seem to be as good as they used to, which is a shame really. Last time I sold to them it took a little while to get paid, previous times it had been pretty quick. The website has seriously slowed down too, I wonder if they're just busier than they used to be and are struggling to keep up with demand?

They certainly don't seem to be as good as they used to, which is a shame really. Last time I sold to them it took a little while to get paid, previous times it had been pretty quick. The website has seriously slowed down too, I wonder if they're just busier than they used to be and are struggling to keep up with demand?

I asked them to send mine back - just hope its the same one I sent!!

Can you still get a 70-200 VRII new, or has it now become a used buy only?

Just listed a load of my glass in the classifieds, got another body to sell too now

Back