Nikon D750 & D780

I'm assuming you have a preset you set on import, do you find the colours alter much from nikon to sony?

I know adobe were doing something to bring them more inline and make this process easier, just wondered your thoughts on it :)

P.s. nice images

I do, and it needs tweaking, the white balance isn't as nice out of the camera on the Sony. So I do need to change things, it's not a huge difference, but enough that I need to sort it.

Dug out my old 28-105 for a wander round the local wood. There's something about the way it renders images which look like old school film to my eyes. Probably something to do with it being an old and less than perfect design.

Sony? Pah! :D

50%ish crop:

Has everyone jumped ship to Sony? :D

Can't see me changing until the D750 stops working. The rubber grips are doing the usual Nikon thing of lifting off the body of one of mine now. :rolleyes:

Missed focus on this one, but there's something about it I like.

7511485-4,large.1539883464.jpg

I have just bought a 24-70 so I will also be sticking with the D750...[emoji3]

Any advice on a decent Nikkor 50mm lens for a full frame FX sensor without spending a bucket load of cash ? What about the 'D' series ?

Thanks;
Peter

Think I’ve had them all at pms time or another. Not much wrong with the 1.8d but I’d spend a little extra and get a 1.8g. Great vfm and more usable wide open in my opinion.

Any advice on a decent Nikkor 50mm lens for FX or DX sensor without spending a bucket load of cash ? What about the 'D' series ?

Thanks;
Peter

Been through same debate recently and settled on the 1.8g but I bought it whilst the Nikon cash back was available, so I was a pretty good deal. So far not had chance to get out and about with it as work has been getting in the way :(

Pretty sure I saw one on the classifieds recently...

Any advice on a decent Nikkor 50mm lens for FX or DX sensor without spending a bucket load of cash ? What about the 'D' series ?

Thanks;
Peter
1.8d is cheap and cheerful, small too. 1.8g is slightly bigger, more expensive. Can't really go wrong with either.

Anyone care to explain to a simpleton like me why when I set a kelvin measurement in camera LR ignores it and sets its own WB.

I usually stick to AWB but fancy a change!

Anyone care to explain to a simpleton like me why when I set a kelvin measurement in camera LR ignores it and sets its own WB.

I usually stick to AWB but fancy a change!

Probably due to the default Import preset

Has anyone ever replaced the rubber pad on the back of the camera? Mine has bubbled before and I did glue a little along time ago but it’s back. Guess it would be a simple process after getting the part from Nikon.

Has anyone ever replaced the rubber pad on the back of the camera? Mine has bubbled before and I did glue a little along time ago but it’s back. Guess it would be a simple process after getting the part from Nikon.

Where your thumb rests? Really easy other than dealing with Nikon spares! Worth getting genuine item though. I’ve had problems with non genuine ones before.

Dug out my old 28-105 for a wander round the local wood. There's something about the way it renders images which look like old school film to my eyes. Probably something to do with it being an old and less than perfect design.

Sony? Pah! :D

50%ish crop:

Definitely! I really love the D series lenses. I used to have a 35-70 2.8 which was brilliant, it only went as I needed something wider. I still use the 85 which is really nice too.

I’ve actually been using my 50 1.8D today too which doesn’t really get an airing at all. Haven’t been through the pictures yet but I’ll upload if there’s any worth uploading :LOL:

Epic fail today everyone. Should know better really, I failed to adhere to the 6 P's (Proper Preparation Prevents P155 Poor Performance). Nap time tends to be late afternoon, typically when dad wants to subject her to pictures in the woods, because he hasn't had any time lately and there's some reasonable light.
Note to self: take her for a good drive after lunch before afternoon photo sessions. Weather looks dull tomorrow, so might have to wait another week..

I saw that poor little face and couldn't resist, though I didn't take enough time to really nail focus. Poor all round really.

31578528808_bbbbcb87f9_b.jpg

Last edited:
Epic fail today everyone. Should know better really, I failed to adhere to the 6 P's (Proper Preparation Prevents P155 Poor Performance). Nap time tends to be late afternoon, typically when dad wants to subject her to pictures in the woods, because he hasn't had any time lately and there's some reasonable light.
Note to self: take her for a good drive after lunch before afternoon photo sessions. Weather looks dull tomorrow, so might have to wait another week..

I saw that poor little face and couldn't resist, though I didn't take enough time to really nail focus. Poor all round really.

31578528808_bbbbcb87f9_b.jpg

But still really lovely.

So it turns out I've been a little harsh on the little 50mm 1.8D all these years, took my daughter for a walk yesterday and shot pretty much exclusively at 1.8 to see just how bad it was in the real world. Results show that most of my issues are focus related (IE me not being able to). Not the perfect shot but one that in focus to show the capability of the lens :D

Nikon D750 50mm 1.8D by andyroberts1868, on Flickr

If you went fully Sony, which lenses would you be looking at using?

The thought passed over my brain today for a fleeting moment but then went as soon as it appeared when I realised my wanted lift ran into the many thousands :LOL:

If you went fully Sony, which lenses would you be looking at using?

The thought passed over my brain today for a fleeting moment but then went as soon as it appeared when I realised my wanted lift ran into the many thousands :LOL:

I already have the 28 f2 and the 85 1.8 so I'd swap out the 28mm for a Sigma 35mm 1.4 art.

Back