Nikon D750 & D780

Yes it's built-in flash, flash compensation is turned of too and everthing in manual, still the exposure vary by a huge amount from picture to picture, i mean not one or two stop that can be saved in post but totally dark to totally burnt...
I wonder if my flash could be sort of out of sync which could explain why in the dark frame it would have fire too early or too late. But then I also get totally burnt pictures too...
I need to test it further but my hope are getting low.
Have you tried updating the firmware or even deleting some (if you can then add the latest firmware) Sorry if this has been suggested already.

Yes it's built-in flash, flash compensation is turned of too and everthing in manual, still the exposure vary by a huge amount from picture to picture, i mean not one or two stop that can be saved in post but totally dark to totally burnt...
I wonder if my flash could be sort of out of sync which could explain why in the dark frame it would have fire too early or too late. But then I also get totally burnt pictures too...
I need to test it further but my hope are getting low.
Are you saying that, for example, you set ISO to 100 (auto ISO Off), shutter 1/160, aperture f5.6 flash to 1/2 then the exposure changes wildly between shots? If so it sounds like there's an issue. What's the flash sync speed set to?

I'm assuming subject distance is staying the same between pics too?

Yes the distance is always the same, a really simple test on my fireplace wall, nothing that can throught readings out.
Flash sync is 1/200
Flash shutter speed is 1/60
I'll look again with a clear head when i can.

Haven't done any landscape stuff for absolute agessss so had an evening walk out and captured this.

12 shot, handheld panorama (35mm lens)

Beautiful, I really like this.

Really need to start practicing my handheld panorama skills, for the occasions when the focal length just isn't wide enough (those dramatic environmental portraits). Any ideas why i couldn't use the 'perspective' method when creating in lightroom. Only the spherical and cylindrical worked. I guess it's to do with the amount of shots i took, would it work if it was say 4-6 better?

Anyone else use Highlight Weighted metering? I've started using it quite a bit recently. Not only when the subject is as contrasty as this one.

Has everyone jumped ship? Or just sorted out all their D750 problems?:D

Nah, just think all the others have no fingers on their hands. Me, I'm on holiday atm in Finland [emoji16]

I’ll continue to use mine when I’m back in operation.
I see Nikon rumours is reporting a 760 is to be launched early next year.
But the box illustrated is clearly a fake.

I've been owl hunting mainly with the d500 tbh. Tree still not up so unable to get the first Eva Xmas light bokeh shot in lol

Has everyone jumped ship? Or just sorted out all their D750 problems?:D
I've not picked up a camera in about 6 weeks, longest barren spell for me ever since I started photography :(

Lovely work, haven’t used the 750 much since getting the Sony

Cheers! I must say I’m loving the D750 at the minute, each time I use it it astounds me how good it is :LOL:

Is it the A7III you went for in the end? On a serious note, does it actually feel much lighter than the D750? Looking online there’s only 100g or so in it between the two! After being so used to D700 and D3 the 750 still feels like a featherweight to me, and my shoulders are thankful at the end of every wedding I shoot :LOL:

Last edited:
Cheers! I must say I’m loving the D750 at the minute, each time I use it it astounds me how good it is :LOL:

Is it the A7III you went for in the end? On a serious note, does it actually feel much lighter than the D750? Looking online there’s only 100g or so in it between the two! After being so used to D700 and D3 the 750 still feels like a featherweight to me, and my shoulders are thankful at the end of every wedding I shoot :LOL:

Yeah I went for the A7III, but still have the D750. It's not that much lighter but it's quite a bit smaller!

Yeah I went for the A7III, but still have the D750. It's not that much lighter but it's quite a bit smaller!

Lovely camera to work with too isn’t it pal

Why is that Toby ?
Not really had the opportunity or motivation tbh. Weather's been crap on my days off, and I'm needing to find something/somewhere new to inspire me. Also, I'm currently learning music production (again) so that's been taking up a lot of my time.

I’ll continue to use mine when I’m back in operation.
I see Nikon rumours is reporting a 760 is to be launched early next year.
But the box illustrated is clearly a fake.

They are saying the D610 will vanish and the D760 will become an entry level FF camera. ENTRY LEVEL. I'm not having an entry level camera....off to buy a new one ;)

More importantly, there is a rumour of a firmware upgrade.

Anyone else use Highlight Weighted metering? I've started using it quite a bit recently. Not only when the subject is as contrasty as this one.
Yes, use it quite a lot.

Interesting, never knew this existed. Looks useful

I tend to use “blinkies.”
Highlight metering is good to prevent clipped highlights and/or overexposure in dark environments with a well lit subject. I also find that you can use it creatively to give some nice effects. For example this was shot using highlight metering. The cage was dark with just a couple of beams of light coming through, fortunately one on the bird.

DSC_1531
by TDG-77, on Flickr

I tend to use “blinkies.”
I do too, but for those scenarios where you get one shot but the moment passes, you could have blown highlights.

Highlight metering is good to prevent clipped highlights and/or overexposure in dark environments with a well lit subject. I also find that you can use it creatively to give some nice effects. For example this was shot using highlight metering. The cage was dark with just a couple of beams of light coming through, fortunately one on the bird.
DSC_1531 by TDG-77, on Flickr
Lovely image.

How do you find it works on portraits? I'm second shooting weddings recently, so wonder how it'd work throughout the day to prevent those clipped highlights.

I do too, but for those scenarios where you get one shot but the moment passes, you could have blown highlights.

Lovely image.

How do you find it works on portraits? I'm second shooting weddings recently, so wonder how it'd work throughout the day to prevent those clipped highlights.
Thanks. I've never shot a wedding so I wouldn't like to say. I can imagine there's times when it would be useful though, but I always say stick with what you know if it's something where you don't get a second chance.

Not really had the opportunity or motivation tbh. Weather's been crap on my days off, and I'm needing to find something/somewhere new to inspire me. Also, I'm currently learning music production (again) so that's been taking up a lot of my time.

do you celebrate Christmas? if so, it can be a good month to get some festive shots and work with light indoors.

do you celebrate Christmas? if so, it can be a good month to get some festive shots and work with light indoors.
I do, but other than shooting the same decorations I've shot several times before there's not really much for me to take pics of ;) I'm sure something will grab my attention sooner rather than later (y)

Back