Nikon D750 & D780

I still have mine and when I recover from my back op. will continue to use it.
No plans to sell.

Sony.... a7iii :oops: :$

UtdP8iC.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D

Would you expect both eyes to be in focus on this shot taken at F4.5 (95mm)? or is the 70-200 f2.8 lens front focusssing a tad ?

Focus point on front eye

med112015-DSC-1054.jpg

Last edited:
How much are you after ?
£75 inc postage https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/t...-nikon-28-105-macro-more.689225/#post-8332118

Would you expect both eyes to be in focus on this shot taken at F4.5 (95mm)? or is the 70-200 f2.8 lens front focusssing a tad ?

Focus point on front eye
https://dofsimulator.net/en/?x=EO2BaQBkAAAAJcwkAAADgAA

Roughly cropped to the same, which gives you about 1.6cm of focus, so not a lot of wiggle room. It's only a small preview i'm seeing really. But seems acceptable to me and definitely not something the person would be looking at/noticing.

If you're concerned it might be worth doing a focus check on one of those charts.

Cheers Markie - never know whether it matters too much having the back eye slightly oof. I don't mind it personally

Cheers Markie - never know whether it matters too much having the back eye slightly oof. I don't mind it personally
I must admit I like the whole face in focus not just eyes in portraits, get the background out of focus but want to see the subject all in focus. don't mind really shallow dof in object or still life mind you

Ah i see - most of my lenses have it built in. Hope on that system you dont have to pay a premium on lenses that have it also
I believe IBIS provides better stability (apart from the latest gen VR lenses) plus you can obviously use it with any lens. I don't believe Nikon make a prime yet with VR for example (other than the big teles)

I believe IBIS provides better stability (apart from the latest gen VR lenses) plus you can obviously use it with any lens. I don't believe Nikon make a prime yet with VR for example (other than the big teles)

There is the 105mm f:2.8 Micro - is that a 'pure' prime though?

Then there is the 200mm f:2 - but that's big in every way! (£5,199 2.9kg)

But oh so beautiful [emoji173] [emoji173] [emoji173]

There is the 105mm f:2.8 Micro - is that a 'pure' prime though?

Ahh, I forgot about the Micro. I consider the 200mm f2 a big tele ;)

Well that’s that then, no more Nikon gear left, except the 135 art that I’ll get the mount changed in the NY.

All done very quickly, having thought about it for about two minutes. Sad to see the 750 go, such a great camera.

Well that’s that then, no more Nikon gear left, except the 135 art that I’ll get the mount changed in the NY.

Suppose more of the D750 loyalists will have to get behinds into gear and fill the spaces of the Nikonxit

Another eyepiece lost over the past few days now... think that's four now :eek: Any ideas how to get the best from eyepieces and not losing them!

Another eyepiece lost over the past few days now... think that's four now :eek: Any ideas how to get the best from eyepieces and not losing them!
Stick them with double sided tape.

Yes, don't be a dingbat ;) TBH I never lost a single one on my D750, but a bit of double sided sticky tape should do the job (y)

Back