Nikon D750 & D780

Yes, don't be a dingbat ;)

Ha, thanks! Never lost one on my previous D750. I think the problem is the replacement eyepieces fit nowhere near as well as the original.

I’ve tried taping them on and nail varnish - guess double sided tape or superglue is the next option! Either that or buy a Sony ;):D

Ha, thanks! Never lost one on my previous D750. I think the problem is the replacement eyepieces fit nowhere near as well as the original.

I’ve tried taping them on and nail varnish - guess double sided tape or superglue is the next option! Either that or buy a Sony ;):D

Try trimming your eye brows [emoji14]

Hahaha yes to change over to Sony, so many people go there then change back.

I’m not sure I am aware of many people going back to Nikon from the A7 series 3 bodies to be honest.

Saying that, I do miss my D750 though. It does always tempt me back!!

Until you pick one up after using an a7iii and it feels like a massive archaic lump
@T_J_G be like.. just putting the sigma 35mm 1.4 on my a7iii :LOL:
a-huge-lens-on-the-camera.jpg

Lots of rumors that the D760 will be announced early 2019?!

Lots of rumors that the D760 will be announced early 2019?!
It`ll be exactly the same as the D750 but with just one card slot...............:(:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:(

I reckon MP will stay the same but add touch screen, upgraded AF system, maybe a joystick, but not much else lol
Nothing there for me then. :)

I'll be sticking with my D750s until they're knackered. Any upgrade wouldn't' be supported by my standalone copy of Lightroom. :D

Grip wise yes, technology wise no chance

Agree it has more tech, still doesn’t make it a better camera for all scenarios.

D750 is just a capable IMO.

Had a trip out to Bicester Heritage Centre yesterday for their first Sunday Scramble of the year. Good day out with loads of really nice cars there (and lots of Porsches to boot), but man was it busy!
Managed to get by with the D750 & 35mm for most of the time, although this old and clunky tech really makes things hard work! :rolleyes::p
Shot with 35mm most of the day & the odd photograph on my 85mm. Definitely feeling a black and white vibe for this year.

Sunday Scramble_January2019_100
by Dave Young, on Flickr

Sunday Scramble_January2019_102
by Dave Young, on Flickr

Sunday Scramble_January2019_105
by Dave Young, on Flickr

Sunday Scramble_January2019_101
by Dave Young, on Flickr

Sunday Scramble_January2019_107
by Dave Young, on Flickr

Sunday Scramble_January2019_111
by Dave Young, on Flickr

Thats a lovely set and I have a liking for No 2, Don`t ask me why, I just do :p

Ohh we are back and my post vanished! Massive archaic lump funds are being raised!

Ohh we are back and my post vanished! Massive archaic lump funds are being raised!

There was a header message this morning before the forum went offline to the effect that any posts made 'at that time' would not be carried over to the new TP 2.0.......we were warned ;)

Looks nice this new forum. Shame there's still only like buttons and not more such as thanks and useful though.

Bloody eye cups, no matter how careful you are, check camera, put it in camera bag, put away for few days get it out eyecup present, take few snaps, bloody eye cup gone, the bane of my life.

Last edited:
Bloody eye cups, no matter how careful you are, check camera, put it in camera badge, put away for few days get it out eyecup present, take few snaps, bloody eye cup gone, the bane of my life.
Yep, that’s the one. Crappest thing about the D750.

Well I got to say thanks Panamoz, you could have gave some warning to us and we could have splashed out on some last minute GAS.
I do hope that they start selling Nikon stuff again.
FFS I was gonna buy a 200-500 lens in the near future, that`s out the window now :-(

Well I got to say thanks Panamoz, you could have gave some warning to us and we could have splashed out on some last minute GAS.
I do hope that they start selling Nikon stuff again.
FFS I was gonna buy a 200-500 lens in the near future, that`s out the window now :-(
It’s a shock not seeing Panamoz selling Nikon. Shame as their customer service has always been very good.

I am hoping they confirm why they have stopped.
I sent them a email, basically asking why they didn't give some notice to us nikon followers.
Thats if they knew it was going to happen.

Hope so - I have warranties with them! I'd be slightly concerned right now if I had just placed an order with them - amazing how quickly something like that could disappear.
Happens everywhere doesn't it.

Back