Nikon D750 & D780

Hope so - I have warranties with them! I'd be slightly concerned right now if I had just placed an order with them - amazing how quickly something like that could disappear.
It`s just the sale of Nikon stuff that`s disappeared not the whole site so I would say there`s nothing to concerned about.
But that` s a big chunk of customers they have now lost, I`d be more worried if Canon did the same as Nikon.

It`s just the sale of Nikon stuff that`s disappeared not the whole site so I would say there`s nothing to concerned about.
But that` s a big chunk of customers they have now lost, I`d be more worried if Canon did the same as Nikon.

The whole site was down earlier, may be it was for maintenance or to remove all the Nikon stuff properly. It is back up now.

Let’s hope we find out soon why they have stopped all the Nikon items.

I asked them what was happening...

‘Thanks for your email. Sorry for the confusion. Unfortunately at this moment, there is a stock shortage on Nikon products. However we expect they will be back in stock later this week, and we will be selling them again as before.’

More to it than that surely. They literally had all Nikons in stock one day and then none the next!

Last edited:
I asked them what was happening...

‘Thanks for your email. Sorry for the confusion. Unfortunately at this moment, there is a stock shortage on Nikon products. However we expect they will be back in stock later this week, and we will be selling them again as before.’

More to it than that surely. They literally had all Nikons in stock one day and then none the next!
Haha you beat me to it, I also sent them a email, same reply as yours, word for word.
Strange eh.

Hope so - I have warranties with them! I'd be slightly concerned right now if I had just placed an order with them - amazing how quickly something like that could disappear.
I’d not be too concerned with warranties. The only time I needed to use them they asked for a quote from Nikon UK and once received paid straight back to PayPal. I can’t imagine having had the money from the sale they’d renage on that.

My gaffer tape has finally let me down. My own fault as I knew it needed replacing. Eye cup Purchase imminent. :LOL:

Just a question that’s been rattling around my brain for a week or so. Pound for pound, ie if you were to sell a D750 now, is there anything else that you could buy for the same money that would perform as well? I keep having a mirrorless hankering but when actually weighing things up I keep thinking I would be swapping for something that isn’t as good. Yes I’m sure there are mirrorless cameras out there that will perform the same, however not for the price of a second hand D750, what are your thoughts?

The cameras I’d been looking at were Fuji X Pro 1/2, X100T or F, various Olympus OMD models, original A7. Some were let down by AF, others low light capability. The only place where some of these camera were improved seemed to be video, but truth be told I don’t shoot a lot of video, and anything I do tends to just be stuff of my daughter playing or whatever, something where the 4K on my iPhone does a good enough job :thinking:

I have an X100T. Not a patch on a D750. It drives me nuts with the layout and sluggish focusing, and for the low light uses Ihave shadow reovery is poo. Great camera in some situations but not an all roundr like the D750.

I've tried an XE-2 - same problems as the 100T. Tried Panasonics and the handling bugged me - not to mention the horrible reds!

Bang for buck the D750 still seems like a winner to me.

You’ve kind of made me feel better there Ed, I like the idea of the Fuji’s but my only foray was an X10 which was alright but I didn’t feel enamoured to using it. Nothing wrong with it, just a little small and fiddly, I couldn’t afford the X100 at the time which may have been a different story.

The AF is a big thing for me though, one of my main subjects is a very quick 2 year old and her equally quick cousins of a similar age so would hate to go for something that’s going to drive me up the wall with missed shots.

I do actually have an Eos M with the 18-55 which is decent, and actually is better for video than the D750 which I’ve been playing with today. The variable zoom lens does an honourable job but isn’t lightning quick that is sometimes needed. Maybe the 22mm is what I need for that system to quell my mirrorless needs, just want something that I can throw in a pocket when going out for a jaunt with the family :) A viewfinder would be nice but then I’m looking at newer EOS M bodies and get back into the hundreds of pounds again :LOL:

Just a question that’s been rattling around my brain for a week or so. Pound for pound, ie if you were to sell a D750 now, is there anything else that you could buy for the same money that would perform as well?

In a simple word, no. I’ve had an X-Pro2 and X100f and whilst weight/size wise they work well, the image quality is not as good as the D750.

Anything else such as little Sony RX1R etc is still too pricey.

Twice I’ve swapped from Fuji to Nikon and back... won’t be doing it a third time!

Pound for pound at present a D750 is a fantastic option.

I had an X10 too. Nice camera in its way but I prefer the Nikon P7800 I replaced it with.

I keep wanting to like mirrorless cameras, but I'm coming to the conclusion that unless you spend DSLR prices on them you won't match DSLR performance. Which puts me in the 'if it ain't broke'' category - and sticking with DSLRs for 'demanding' photography.

The X100T is my walking around town camera. But for quick grab shots zone focusing works better than AF.

I typed a message in response last night and never hit post :LOL:

I think I’m pretty much resided to keeping the D750, it just does a brilliant job and the only thing I can look to improve on is weight but even then it’s not a massive amount. At which point, why bother? :)

Seriously looking at picking up a 22mm for the EOS M and using that as a carry around if I don’t want to carry the slr. My other option is keep the money for the 22, sell the EOS and buy an original X100. I know the focus might not be completely up to scratch but might be good enough for none-demanding stuff :) Oorrrr just carry the SLR and be done with it :LOL:

I really fancy mirrorless for the eye-tracking focus and being silent, pretty much anything else I don't give a frig about, but the ONLY mirrorless I'd be interested in is the A9

A mate of mine swears how FAB the A9s are that he swapped his D750s for, yet the change cost him almost £11,000 (and yes that's net of selling the Nikon gear I believe)

For that sort of money I can happily live without eye-tracking and have a noisy shutter thanks !!!

My next 2 camera purchases when my D750s are a bit long in the tooth are likely to be - more D750s :)

Dave

I really fancy mirrorless for the eye-tracking focus and being silent, pretty much anything else I don't give a frig about, but the ONLY mirrorless I'd be interested in is the A9

A mate of mine swears how FAB the A9s are that he swapped his D750s for, yet the change cost him almost £11,000 (and yes that's net of selling the Nikon gear I believe)

For that sort of money I can happily live without eye-tracking and have a noisy shutter thanks !!!

My next 2 camera purchases when my D750s are a bit long in the tooth are likely to be - more D750s :)

Dave

Ooooooooof! That’s a hefty bill, I’m sure for £11k I would be happy too. Truth be told, I’m not unhappy with the 750, it was only that I’ve used SLRs all the time and perhaps fancied a change if there was something going to be compete!

Ooooooooof! That’s a hefty bill, I’m sure for £11k I would be happy too. Truth be told, I’m not unhappy with the 750, it was only that I’ve used SLRs all the time and perhaps fancied a change if there was something going to be compete!

There is, the A7iii.

But it’s an expensive switch. Ive just bought one to run alongside my D750 to see which I prefer. Sold a few Nikon lenses to help fund it.

It all depends on what you want. I’m really enjoying the A7iii and as a general use camera it’s amazing. I want it for Weddings, landscape, travel + travel video and pet photography. For my purposes I think it’s definitely more suitable than the D750. EVF is a great feature (wish it was a bit better on the A7iii though) and I’m finding shooting from the hip brill for pets, 10 FPS and every shot is in focus - will be even better with animal eye AF. Lighter for travel and 4K video.

If it was for weddings only then I wouldn’t bother as the D750 is amazing for that. There is some question from a few sources questioning the low light AF of the A7iii but I tested it wide open on a 1.8 lens and was impressed and the guys on here that do weddings with it now seem very happy.

Price of the kit is all dependent on lenses. If you want Sony GM zooms and 1.4 primes it’s going to be scarily expensive. If you’re happy with 3rd party native lenses it’s much cheaper. I’ve put together a kit so far of Tamron 28-75 2.8, Sony 85mm 1.8, Sony 50mm 1.8, Canon 70-200 f4 and going to get a native Samyang 24 2.8 for now. May also get a Samyang 35mm 1.4 native. That is thousands cheaper and comparatively priced to Nikon gear.

I think some of the features, e.g eye af and focus peaking you don’t miss until you try it - then go back to the D750 and end up missing it. I wouldn’t change for weight, that doesn’t even come into it for me.

If it’s going to cost thousands to change - just make sure you really benefit from the additional features.

The A7III never even entered my mind because of the money :LOL: I’m positive it is great, but not worth the difference in price for me personally, hence the pound for pound part :) Video is vastly different but not really something I shoot :)

As you know Tom I’ve been using the pair of D750s for weddings and can confirm that they are brilliant for that! It really will focus in the dark too, I thought my old D700s were good!

Maybe when the A7III comes down to £7/800 I’ll go for one but looking at previous models I’ll be waiting a while :LOL:

Yep :)

It's a long way to the Thames...

Cool, welcome to the D750 thread. Don’t forget to stick the eyepiece on before your first outing.

The A7III never even entered my mind because of the money :LOL: I’m positive it is great, but not worth the difference in price for me personally, hence the pound for pound part :) Video is vastly different but not really something I shoot :)

As you know Tom I’ve been using the pair of D750s for weddings and can confirm that they are brilliant for that! It really will focus in the dark too, I thought my old D700s were good!

Maybe when the A7III comes down to £7/800 I’ll go for one but looking at previous models I’ll be waiting a while :LOL:

Yes, fully understand that.

Yeah I think just for wedding use, performance per £ you aren't going to beat a D750, they're a fantastic all rounder and I love using mine. In my opinion, best camera by far for ergonomics as well.

Hahaaa yeah probably will be waiting a while for that :LOL::LOL:. You never know, GAS may get the better of you :LOL:.

Yeah I think just for wedding use, performance per £ you aren't going to beat a D750, they're a fantastic all rounder and I love using mine. In my opinion, best camera by far for ergonomics as well.

Hahaaa yeah probably will be waiting a while for that :LOL::LOL:. You never know, GAS may get the better of you :LOL:.

Perhaps :LOL: sometimes I find I have a strong sense of patience, other times not so much!

Now that there is only a £500 difference between an A7III and a D750 I would disagree with you there. Well worth the extra £500.

D750 was and is still a very good DSLR camera but an extra £500 for all the advantages the A7III brings to the table seems well worth it to me.

To be honest I hadn’t even realised it was so close. The cheapest new A7III is £1779 from amazon, cheapest 750 is £1349 from Grays, if buying new then it becomes a harder decision (or easier depending on your viewpoint :LOL:) second hand becomes tricky but only due to the age of the 750 allowing cheaper cameras. There was one for sale on here recently in excellent condition for £700 for example. So even if I were to sell a D750 I would be looking at adding the best part of £1000 to get an A7iii, it’s at this point it no longer becomes worth it for me personally. And that is before chopping and changing lenses etc :)

There are other A7 models available granted, but it seems that the big jump in performance came from the 3rd generation and then that comes back to whether swapping the 750 is worth it again :)

To be honest I hadn’t even realised it was so close. The cheapest new A7III is £1779 from amazon, cheapest 750 is £1349 from Grays, if buying new then it becomes a harder decision (or easier depending on your viewpoint :LOL:) second hand becomes tricky but only due to the age of the 750 allowing cheaper cameras. There was one for sale on here recently in excellent condition for £700 for example. So even if I were to sell a D750 I would be looking at adding the best part of £1000 to get an A7iii, it’s at this point it no longer becomes worth it for me personally. And that is before chopping and changing lenses etc :)

There are other A7 models available granted, but it seems that the big jump in performance came from the 3rd generation and then that comes back to whether swapping the 750 is worth it again :)

A7III is only £1429 at efinity.

I paid £1096 from trdukcameras for the D750.
Prices are dropping, possibly due to the imminent D760

I just splashed out on a 200-500, got rid of the 150-600 end of November. Been waiting for the price to drop for a few weeks and bugger me they go up in price.

Ah well, in real money... :)

They'll probably go down.

Anyone using or recommend a quick release Arca Swiss L-Bracket for the D750. Don't really know what/where I'm looking for/at! :)

Anyone using or recommend a quick release Arca Swiss L-Bracket for the D750. Don't really know what/where I'm looking for/at! :)
Look on Amazon, there are loads there but read the reviews before paying, You don`t need the best imo.
Here`s two I just found but I didn`t look at the reviews, Fotga FD750L and MENGS® MPU-100.
Hope this helps.

Back