Nikon D750 & D780

I'm just boarding, D750 arrived this morning :D
Stock up on eye cups. ;)

Still using my D750s and can't see a need to change any time soon. :)

_7514507.jpg

Thanks, what's up with the eye cups?

Last edited:
I still don't know how you guys manage to lose the eyepiece so often ;)

I still don't know how you guys manage to lose the eyepiece so often ;)

Never lost one on my first one, but lost 3 to date on this! Problem is I don't think the replacement after market ones fit as well as the original OEM part.

It's about the only thing I dislike on my D750... and one of those things I'd look hard at when I change/upgrade from the D750.

I don't think the replacement after market ones fit as well as the original OEM part.
Same here. I bought a couple of cheapies and they're poo. Gaffer tape doesn't stick to them very well either.

What are you guys doing with the eye pieces? :oops: :$

At one point I had 4 x D750’s. Lost one eye piece not long after getting my first one and stuck the rest on with a bit of doubled over electrical tape inside the eye piece and never lost another one again.

A dab of clear silicone on the guides does the trick.

I have the same problem with the 600, but not the 7200.
Come to think of it, it happened to my F4 too - it unscrewed and I lost it. Very difficult to find a replacement, and expensive.

20181220_075143_HDR.jpgI lost mine also so I used the one (not original) from my D300 and it`s snug as a bug now :)

I looked at this last night and again tonight and all i can see is the camera facing the wrong way on the plate:)
It`s not though, there is a arrow on the plate with the words "Lens this way" or something like that. It`s a nice 3 way but a tad on the heavy side.

Morning all. Ive a D610 which I love the IQ from. However I shoot with shallow DOF and I get more miss focusses than I would expect, and I also shoot catwalks in low light, and the D610 can struggle there...
Question, has anyone come from the D610 to the D750 and is the focussing significantly improved. Looking for real life expereinces.
Thanks

Morning all. Ive a D610 which I love the IQ from. However I shoot with shallow DOF and I get more miss focusses than I would expect, and I also shoot catwalks in low light, and the D610 can struggle there...
Question, has anyone come from the D610 to the D750 and is the focussing significantly improved. Looking for real life expereinces.
Thanks

Huge difference for me when indoors shooting weddings, I always found the D610 would miss most of the bride coming down the aisle but the D750 doesn't. Outside and it's a different story, not a lot of difference at all I find.

Thanks
Quite a difference. I take pics for the local Fire Club- so outside in very dark situations- and the 750 locks on faster than my 600.
I had to find an edge/ contrast with the 600 to lock focus, not so much with the 750, indeed it locked on to black clothing with no problem. Not the best pic, I know, but I was trying out capturing the reflection while Ron was dancing about. This was on Portobello beach and it was -3C, cold, dark and wet - I didn't feel like taking many pics :)
Fire Club by Ken, on Flickr
I have another pole dancing competition coming up next weekend. I struggled with the 600 last time, hopefully the 750 will cope this time - I have faith :)
and hopefully the lighting is better for a competition compared with a showcase.

I have a Nikon D500, I don't shoot cars, wildlife, kids, videos, basically anything that is moving anymore. I purely want a camera for landscape and astrophotography. Thats why I think the D500 is wasted on me and maybe I should move over to a D750. I'm starting from the bottom again, I have no DX lenses. When I read the astrophotography forums, FX seems to be where many end up once they have got into it and the D750 seems popular.

Same here. I bought a couple of cheapies and they're poo. Gaffer tape doesn't stick to them very well either.
Well... Cheap eye cups have a different way to come loose. They're in two parts and separate, leaving half still attached to the camera. :LOL:

Genuine part soon to be ordered.

Well... Cheap eye cups have a different way to come loose. They're in two parts and separate, leaving half still attached to the camera. :LOL:

Genuine part soon to be ordered.
Genuine part arrived and fitted. Buy cheap, buy twice...

Cheered myself up with a 60mm macro lens. :rolleyes:

_7507487.jpg

Thanks

D750 has better a.f in low light in good light there won’t be much of a difference. The problems you are facing with a.f will be because you are shooting wide open and with that amount of dof your always going to run into issues with any DSLR. If you are consistently getting images which are front or back focused you may need to micro adjust your lenses. User error can also play a part.

If you want to nail focus every time excluding user error then you need a mirrorless camera rather than a DSLR.

Moving over to a complete Sony setup. It's been a camera I've owned the longest and it is such a fantastic bit of kit. But mirrorless suits my way of working a bit better so it's time to part ways.
TBH I prefer using my EM1 Mark II over my Nikon, but I can't let my D850 go for the times I want that ultimate IQ.

So a quick question. If you’re shooting RAW what profile do any of you guys use. Adobe Std or a Nikon profile.

Just interested to know.

So a quick question. If you’re shooting RAW what profile do any of you guys use. Adobe Std or a Nikon profile.

Just interested to know.
Camera standard but tweaked slightly, especially toning down the yellows. Adobe profiles always look a bit flat for Nikon I think, but I prefer Adobe profiles for my Olympus :confused:

Back