Nikon D750 & D780

I think that is the only thing I miss from the Canon 80D, there fully articulated touch screen for live view is pretty damn good.

I barely take my D750 out now but i did today, bloody windy, glad the wind was coming off the sea.
Horrible and grey day but warm.FB_IMG_1555967217302.jpegFB_IMG_1555967209228.jpeg

I haven't stopped using my D750s. They're getting a bit worn around the edges so there's no chance of getting a decent price for them, so I guess I'll be using them until they stop working!

_7500952.jpg

_7500999.jpg

I haven't been using mine as much as I'd like to but I think that's more because I mainly only photograph family etc so I lean more to actually enjoying myself rather than being distracted trying to get good photos. The size and weight has also come into play a little with things such as going to Center Parcs and worrying about lugging it around. A Sony A9 with a discreet prime would be easier, but again for family shots I can't justify the price.

Annoying, whenever I do get the D750 out the AF and image quality make me kick myself for not getting it out more often, phone camera shots just don't cut it for me. I think I need to find a decent but not oversized rucksack which can swallow up and protect the camera and lens and also double up for carrying other stuff.

I cut myself just looking at those.

Thanks - but I did use a tripod - the light was very good, (there's a little blown patch on the yellow feather), and I could use f8 and 1/1250th sec @ISO560 - so everything was going for me

Last edited:
Some lovely shots there Bill, nice to see some shots from you.
The detail is very nice and the colour on that 2nd shot is sublime.
Maybe dodge and burn tool for the blown area.

Thought I would have a day out in the Alps again as there is still snow there and mountain roads are open. Just love this place. FB_IMG_1557164595207.jpegFB_IMG_1557164602603.jpegFB_IMG_1557164669867.jpeg

FB_IMG_1557164627611.jpeg20190505_161451_HDR.jpegFB_IMG_1557164660540.jpeg

Those are a bit different to the West Pennine Moors!
Was a bit colder too, -1 and a nasty wind blowing which obviously makes it feel colder.

I've had the err come up twice now when going to shoot at 4000 speed. I press the shutter button again and it works fine. I've seen this has been documented elsewhere but there doesn't appear to be a fix. Anyone else had this?

I've had the err come up twice now when going to shoot at 4000 speed. I press the shutter button again and it works fine. I've seen this has been documented elsewhere but there doesn't appear to be a fix. Anyone else had this?
The D750 has this and a few other qwerks, i don't think there's much can be done.

I take it you have the latest firmware? Linky

I take it you have the latest firmware? Linky

Ah, quite possibly not! I was always good at keeping an eye on the Sony A6000 and lenses for firmware updates but I don't use the D750 as much so I'm not really thinking about these things. I really should use it more as I always love seeing the photos I get from it.

Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out tonight. :)(y)

Just moved from the D500 to the D750 and I've noticed significant differences in ISO performance and detail. I do miss some things about my D500 - and prefer the dial and some of the features the D500 which don't seem to be present on the D750, but the extra pixels make up for it

JSC_3637 1 by Gilbo B, on Flickr

pleased you got yourself sorted with a 750, I think they are great camera, and I agree 100% about the noise levels at higher ISO's, that was one of the main reasons I ditched my 80D. Couldn't go back to a crop sensor after having seen what a FX camera can do. did you get yours from Panamoz ???

pleased you got yourself sorted with a 750, I think they are great camera, and I agree 100% about the noise levels at higher ISO's, that was one of the main reasons I ditched my 80D. Couldn't go back to a crop sensor after having seen what a FX camera can do. did you get yours from Panamoz ???

I ended doing a trade through mpb, probably not the most cost effective way of doing it, but I was impatient and wanted a quick swap lol. Yes, full frame is a different world. I love how people can be separated so easily from the background - and gives that professional look I was just lacking with the crop sensor

It's ages since I've been in here! Here's one from my last shoot with the D750 for a bit; it's gone away to have the focus system re-calibrated.
What happened to the focus system?

I just love the detail with the D750

JSC_2683 1 by Gilbo B, on Flickr

Gotta love the 750! I’m surprised at the comments regarding the D500 though, lots of people mention the high ISO being pretty similar :)

Which lenses are you using on the 750?

Gotta love the 750! I’m surprised at the comments regarding the D500 though, lots of people mention the high ISO being pretty similar :)

Which lenses are you using on the 750?

The most noticeable differences are when shooting on my 70-200 f4 in low light situations. The noise is far less than on the D500.

The most noticeable differences are when shooting on my 70-200 f4 in low light situations. The noise is far less than on the D500.

Oh I’m not disputing it at all, just curious :D

I moved from D700/D3 which were no slouches in that respect but the jump was noticeable from those too, as was the focusing in the dark :LOL:

Love my D750, I really can't see me changing it in the near future - still a better camera than I am photographer!

Mind you, recently picked up a D700 as a back up and that's crazy good - colours are possibly slightly better than the D750 IMHO and I do like the button layout better - but it does weigh a ton!

I can barely get anything properly in focus on any of my lenses, even with the AF fine tune maxed out. Not a problem at f11 but I'm bound to need a shallow DoF the minute I can't have it!
Strange. Hope they get it sorted for you.

I put my OOF shots down to the idiot holding the camera....

This one's in focus though. Taken with the 18-35 I keep thinking of getting rid of until I look at the pics it makes.

Love my D750, I really can't see me changing it in the near future - still a better camera than I am photographer!

That`s some lovely PP and nice and sharp

Mind you, recently picked up a D700 as a back up and that's crazy good - colours are possibly slightly better than the D750 IMHO and I do like the button layout better - but it does weigh a ton!

Strange. Hope they get it sorted for you.

I put my OOF shots down to the idiot holding the camera....

This one's in focus though. Taken with the 18-35 I keep thinking of getting rid of until I look at the pics it makes.

It must have taken a knock, I think. Apparently I'm not super gentle with it and it's got a fair few miles on it.

I was a cheapskate & bought the Tamron 17-35 instead; it's not a range I often use.
I did hire a 35mm f1.4 for a week but I don't think I'm going to buy one.

It must have taken a knock, I think. Apparently I'm not super gentle with it and it's got a fair few miles on it.

I was a cheapskate & bought the Tamron 17-35 instead; it's not a range I often use.
I did hire a 35mm f1.4 for a week but I don't think I'm going to buy one.
I wondered if it might have had a knock. I'm surprised mine still work. Then again I haven't dropped them far yet!

I'm not a wide angle user as a rule either, but every now and then it comes in handy.

I realised today that I have owned my D750 for nearly fours years, which is about the lifespan of my previous two cameras. No upgrade for me in sight yet as I still love it and use it regularly. I was a bit cheeky and only sent the camera off to Nikon in February for the shutter recall fix, so it now has a new shutter unit and they replaced all the rubber grips and gave it a CLA. It's like new. Lovely.

Here are a few from recent excursions to Skomer Island and a set of Tunnels near me:

DDE_0477-Custom.jpg

DDE_0854-Custom.jpg

DDF_0169-Custom.jpg

I realised today that I have owned my D750 for nearly fours years, which is about the lifespan of my previous two cameras. No upgrade for me in sight yet as I still love it and use it regularly. I was a bit cheeky and only sent the camera off to Nikon in February for the shutter recall fix, so it now has a new shutter unit and they replaced all the rubber grips and gave it a CLA. It's like new. Lovely.

Great job, no need to upgrade now, you basically have a new camera, if anything is going to fail it will be the shutter and like you said, that is now new.

Great job, no need to upgrade now, you basically have a new camera, if anything is going to fail it will be the shutter and like you said, that is now new.

Yeah, brand new unit so the camera should have a good few years left in it yet! It wasn't initially planned as I kept putting off the return due to hearing about the Nikon backlog and long wait times for people to have them returned.I also had multiple trips planned where I wanted the camera, so avoided sending it off and put up with the Err message every now and then. I gave up at Christmas as the problem became more and more apparent and they had it back to me in a week.

Toddled along to the Petrolicious Drivers Meeting at Bicester Heritage yesterday.... as usual a great array of cars and such. Here's a few from the day.

As ever the D750 combined with the Sigma 35 1.4 Art is a perfect combination!

_D752043_Petrolicious_ 2019-May-19
by Dave Young, on Flickr

_D752029_Petrolicious_ 2019-May-19
by Dave Young, on Flickr

_D751987_Petrolicious_ 2019-May-19 by Dave Young, on Flickr

_D751920_Petrolicious_ 2019-May-19
by Dave Young, on Flickr

_D751910_Petrolicious_ 2019-May-19
by Dave Young, on Flickr

_D751846_Petrolicious_ 2019-May-19
by Dave Young, on Flickr

_D751827_Petrolicious_ 2019-May-19
by Dave Young, on Flickr

_D751811_Petrolicious_ 2019-May-19
by Dave Young, on Flickr

Toddled along to the Petrolicious Drivers Meeting at Bicester Heritage yesterday.... as usual a great array of cars and such. Here's a few from the day.

As ever the D750 combined with the Sigma 35 1.4 Art is a perfect combination!

_D752043_Petrolicious_ 2019-May-19
by Dave Young, on Flickr

_D752029_Petrolicious_ 2019-May-19
by Dave Young, on Flickr

_D751987_Petrolicious_ 2019-May-19 by Dave Young, on Flickr

_D751920_Petrolicious_ 2019-May-19
by Dave Young, on Flickr

_D751910_Petrolicious_ 2019-May-19
by Dave Young, on Flickr

_D751846_Petrolicious_ 2019-May-19
by Dave Young, on Flickr

_D751827_Petrolicious_ 2019-May-19