Nikon D750 & D780

I used to use Lightroom too, with the preset on import but I’m trying to move away from sitting in front of my PC and the ongoing cost of Lightroom when I’m not doing that much photography. If I was keeping that this wouldn’t save any time as you say. I enjoy photography but I’ve come to loath editing, hence seeing if I can get the edit done in camera and be done with it.

I was also contemplating a move to Fuji for some of their colour profiles but thought I would have a crack at the Nikon ones before doing so, not many people seem to bother and go for the Lightroom approach :)

I have loaded some pre loaded picture controls from a link I saw on the FB D750 group, I have additionally got panik1v1 apx100, akodak porta mono, shing fineskin tone, shing tokugawTone, provia, fuji velvia, provia, fuji velvia neutral and portra.
All work ok and do look nice.

I have loaded some pre loaded picture controls from a link I saw on the FB D750 group, I have additionally got panik1v1 apx100, akodak porta mono, shing fineskin tone, shing tokugawTone, provia, fuji velvia, provia, fuji velvia neutral and portra.
All work ok and do look nice.

They sound familiar! Are they from nikonpc.com? If so I’ll have a revisit of the ones I found, some looked good but some other definitely didn’t :LOL:

They sound familiar! Are they from nikonpc.com? If so I’ll have a revisit of the ones I found, some looked good but some other definitely didn’t :LOL:
TBH I got no idea and it was a couple of years ago I got them.

TBH I got no idea and it was a couple of years ago I got them.

Ahhhh okay :) The names of them are pretty specific and line up with the ones I’ve found too so I’m guessing they’re the same. Some of them look good in general, but then make skin look waxy but I’m not sure how to get rid of that by adjusting the curves :LOL:

1st time ever to see this fantastic green light in the sky.
D750 and Irix 15/2.4IMG_20200227_165655.jpegGRE_7546-02.jpeg

Always slow on the uptake I've just got round trying the 'ISO invariance' thing. Shooting at ISO 100 (or thereabouts) and boosting exposure in Lightroom. It's remarkable! The only trouble is that you can't tell from the back screen what the pictures look like!

Apertureƒ/2.8
Exposure Time0.0031s (1/320)
ISO equivalent125.
+4.67 in post.

_7518309-2.jpg_7518309.jpg

That was my suspicion. ;)
I guess if you have never owned a full frame camera then it may appear to be good. But owning both the difference is so noticeable. I've used the same lens on both bodies at more or less the same on a tripod and same settings and it's so noticeable. Not saying the d500 isn't a capable camera but in low light the d750 smashes it as far as I'm concerned

That's interesting, Because I've read D500 fans saying it's just as good in low light as the D750.
In terms of AF I found it better, but in terms of noise it's about 2/3 of a stop worse from my experience.

I had been considering a D500 for some things after reading it was good in low light, but low light performance is my greatest need rather than autofocus performance or frame rate. Thanks folks. (y)

I had been considering a D500 for some things after reading it was good in low light, but low light performance is my greatest need rather than autofocus performance or frame rate. Thanks folks. (y)
The af and frame rate are so much better than the d750 there is no denying that.
The button layout for better. The touch screen on the back is better for certain situations but low light it's not a patch on the d750.
It's no slouch but as I'm comparing the 2 bodies I will always turn to the d750 for that situation

The af and frame rate are so much better than the d750 there is no denying that.
The button layout for better. The touch screen on the back is better for certain situations but low light it's not a patch on the d750.
It's no slouch but as I'm comparing the 2 bodies I will always turn to the d750 for that situation
The only thing I'd really like improved on the D750 is livewiew when using the flippy screen. Maybe when the D780 drops in price...

No, I'm not going mirrorless!

The only thing I'd really like improved on the D750 is livewiew when using the flippy screen. Maybe when the D780 drops in price...

No, I'm not going mirrorless!
The only thing that irks me atm with the D780 is that I see on the FB group that people are not able to use their external flash (non Nikon) with the exception of maybe 2 makes.

The only thing that irks me atm with the D780 is that I see on the FB group that people are not able to use their external flash (non Nikon) with the exception of maybe 2 makes.

Typical of a big brand trying to lock you into their system, Doesn't bother me as I only have a Nikon flash.:D

Although the lack of a pop-up flash, which I actually prefer 90% of the time, is a bit of a downer.:exit:

Typical of a big brand trying to lock you into their system, Doesn't bother me as I only have a Nikon flash.:D

Although the lack of a pop-up flash, which I actually prefer 90% of the time, is a bit of a downer.:exit:
The 750 has a pop up flash?

Learn something new every day

The Cherry Blossom is out in our back garden so I braved the cold weather yesterday to get a couple of photos as it'll only be there for a few weeks at most. The blossom is obviously a welcome visitor for the local bee population as there were lots of them about.
I'm not sure about the first one as it is a bit of an experiment using the radial filter in Lightroom. The other two are my more traditional edits.

All taken with a Nikon 24-120/f4 lens and with a little splash of fill flash.

The Cherry Blossom is out in our back garden so I braved the cold weather yesterday to get a couple of photos as it'll only be there for a few weeks at most. The blossom is obviously a welcome visitor for the local bee population as there were lots of them about.
I'm not sure about the first one as it is a bit of an experiment using the radial filter in Lightroom. The other two are my more traditional edits.

All taken with a Nikon 24-120/f4 lens and with a little splash of fill flash.

I thought I detecting a spot of fill but it really makes them pop, nice work!

@andy1868 - Cheers Andy, that's what I was hoping for. The first shots I took was just using natural light and they looked a bit flat so I added the flash.

Well, that's my commitment to the D750 thoroughly renewed :)

Not only did I buy a new one recently for just over £800, but I could then send my oldest one back for that free shutter replacement recall from two years ago !!!

And it came back today with various rubber grips replaced, a sensor clean, general service and a new shutter - which in my mind makes it virtually new too - so now I have 3 of them :)

Long live the D750 :D

Dave

Joined the D750 brigade today, picked up a used body and a 24-70mm f2.8 Nikon for £1200.
Gotta sit and stare at them for the next few weeks/months now until we're set free.

Try and take pictures in door of objects, family. Enjoy your new gear.

Joined the D750 brigade today, picked up a used body and a 24-70mm f2.8 Nikon for £1200.
Gotta sit and stare at them for the next few weeks/months now until we're set free.
As above, try to find stuff around the house and garden (if you have one)

I bought a drone for video shots.
It's all charged up :)

I bought a drone for video shots.
It's all charged up :)
Cool, if your drone shots are like your D750 shots then.............................we`re all dooooomed :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Cool, if your drone shots are like your D750 shots then.............................we`re all dooooomed :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I'm thinking about video of fire spinners - overhead and approach shots, mixed with D750 shots.
Maybe when all this is over :)

...and just to annoy you:
Jelly with poi
20200204223701070 Ken Dunton by Ken Dunton, on Flickr

That's the plan, I'll have photographed every cm of the house/garden by the time this is all over.
Initial impressions are brilliant, was using a D90 previously. This absolutely blows it out of the water.

I too made the same step D90 to D750[emoji58]

Back