Nikon D750 & D780

We're a bit fortunate over here in that we have plum blossoms in late March, then these about the start of the second week of April and in a few days we'll have another variety of cherry tree that has pinky-red multiflora blooms. Those will last for about a week and then it's wait 'til next year.

To be honest since ive been using the d500 for video recently of the foxes, ive realised how awesome still the d750 is.
How people can say the d500 is just as good at noise levels is beyond me, its no where near as good.

Low light performance is still second to none. Been thinking about a a second one as D780 is really expensive

To be honest since ive been using the d500 for video recently of the foxes, ive realised how awesome still the d750 is.
How people can say the d500 is just as good at noise levels is beyond me, its no where near as good.
D750 is about 2/3 of a stop better from my experience, makes a difference when your up at 6400 and 12800 iso.

I still look back at my D500 and find that at ISO 100 the results are ever so slightly sharper though - not sure if the Anti-aliasing filter on the D750 is the cause or just slightly older tech, or the lens combo.

Last edited:
I still look back at my D500 and find that at ISO 100 the results are ever so slightly sharper though - not sure if the Anti-aliasing filter on the D750 is the cause or just slightly older tech, or the lens combo.
I think it's the aa filter (y)

Last edited:
I think it's the aa filter (Y)

Had the Fuji X-H1 for a while and the 56mm f1.2 - but just couldn’t get anywhere near the low light performance or the AF speed. IMO it felt harder to use than the direction pad on my D750 - perhaps I didn’t give it long enough.

When Weddings return to normal I have to decide on another D750 or a D810.

Had the Fuji X-H1 for a while and the 56mm f1.2 - but just couldn’t get anywhere near the low light performance or the AF speed. IMO it felt harder to use than the direction pad on my D750 - perhaps I didn’t give it long enough.

When Weddings return to normal I have to decide on another D750 or a D810.
I'd personally choose the D750 as it can focus in lower light (-3ev vs -2ev), better noise handling and smaller file size for processing.

I'd personally choose the D750 as it can focus in lower light (-3ev vs -2ev), better noise handling and smaller file size for processing.
I just love for you can shoot at night and still get beautiful smooth results without too much noise. I’m faced with so many dark situations and rubbish quality light during Ceremonies here in Scotland. Some venues have very little natural light, particularly on dull days

Agreed. I love the 810 but the 750 is the better all rounder imo and great for weddings.

Although the new fujis focus to something like - 5ev.

Well I owned the D750 for 5 years (replaced by Z7) and have a D500.
The D500is much better for wildlife etc if the light is decent.
Topaz denoise helps, but the D750 is a great all rounder that provided me with lots of excellent images.

Agree, the D500 is s***e for High ISO, I`m thinking about selling mine and getting a Z6 :)

Last edited:
Well I owned the D750 for 5 years (replaced by Z7) and have a D500.
The D500is much better for wildlife etc if the light is decent.
Topaz denoise helps, but the D750 is a great all rounder that provided me with lots of excellent images.
I tried that topaz and wasnt impressed with it.

Yeah d500 in the right conditions is amazing with the af

Love the Owl shots and this highlights my quandary, lowlight ability of a FX vs crop factor of a DX camera. As a longtime DX user I have lenses which are fully FX as I started as an analogue photographer on 35mm film. So my beloved 80-200 f2.8 has had a 50% increase in focal length no problem as my cheap lighter 70-300 G lens would get me there but I don't have anything in the 300-450 Range and buying a new body mould mean I have to save for a while to buy a 200-500mm lens from Nikon or the Tamron/sigma competition. Due to being an Office Walker my off time is either weekends or evenings so a large part of my photography takes place in low light both outside and on wet days interiors of buildings are often on my subject list, yes sea/landscapes are my main passion but I do a lot of lowlight and night shoots with the use of tripod. Returning to FF will pose a challenge as I have been shooting DX since Nikon started mass production of affordable kit in the early 2000s. And my lenses range from 12mm to 300mm plus an ancient manual vivitar 500mm f8 which I use for birding and wildlife but will upgrade as funds will allow. So a D750 or D500 is my quandary as I start to reappraise my choice after waiting 4 months for a D750 from jessops which I have given upon. At the moment the D750 has the edge as its slightly cheaper.

Love the fox Gramps

Hi

Hope everyone is keeping well? The D750 thread is very quiet. Some great fox and owl shots. I though I would get my camera out and take some photos for a hi key comp on another forum.

Not sure at this stage if over exposing it and making in B&W would count as hi key. What do you think?

Dream_on_...Hi_key by SEP9001, on Flickr

Thank you

Certainly 'high key' but is it too minimal in the frame?
Thank you Gramps. I took a few more, but for some reason I preferred the minimal look. Will try some other crops.

Hi

Hope everyone is keeping well? The D750 thread is very quiet. Some great fox and owl shots. I though I would get my camera out and take some photos for a hi key comp on another forum.

Not sure at this stage if over exposing it and making in B&W would count as hi key. What do you think?

Dream_on_...Hi_key by SEP9001, on Flickr

Thank you

Lovely picture but I did initially think it was a model car. I suppose if it had some advertising text above it would be more obvious to me, although I am viewing this on my phone.

Still, very nice. I need inspiration because I'm a baw hair away from trading my D750 for an A7 III :eek:

Lovely picture but I did initially think it was a model car. I suppose if it had some advertising text above it would be more obvious to me, although I am viewing this on my phone.

Still, very nice. I need inspiration because I'm a baw hair away from trading my D750 for an A7 III :eek:

Thank you, it is a 1/18 model, wanted to start a collection, but after getting 7 I stopped.:D. It was becoming expensive and no where to store them as a display without the OH getting angry.

I always have an itch to change to the sony, but as have also bought a 24-70 I am going to stick it out think Nikon. If and when I can afford it, I may upgrade to a 850.

@gramps, any of these a better crop?

1.750_7124-2 by SEP9001, on Flickr

2.750_7124 by SEP9001, on Flickr

Thank you

Thank you, it is a 1/18 model, wanted to start a collection, but after getting 7 I stopped.:D. It was becoming expensive and no where to store them as a display without the OH getting angry.

I always have an itch to change to the sony, but as have also bought a 24-70 I am going to stick it out think Nikon. If and when I can afford it, I may upgrade to a 850.

@gramps, any of these a better crop?

1.750_7124-2 by SEP9001, on Flickr

2.750_7124 by SEP9001, on Flickr

Thank you
Prefer either of those :)

Back