Nikon D750 & D780

Anyone know how to reset the image number, (not the shutter count) mine is sitting at D755560 as the camera is new to me would like to start from 0

Last edited:
Anyone know how to reset the image number, (not the shutter count) mine is sitting at D755560 as the camera is new to me would like to start from 0
Menu > customs setting menu > d6 (page 340 of the manual)

Still giving my D750's a regular workout. They're starting to look broken in now. No.1 has to have one of the rubber grips held on with gaffer tape... :D

_7510711.jpg

_7510046.jpg

Touch wood my one still looks in very good condition. I was thinking of upgrading to 850 but will stick with the 750 for a while longer.
If one of my D750s gives up the ghost I'll be going for a D780. And if that camera turns out to be Nikon's last small DSLR I might stock up on them to see me out!

If one of my D750s gives up the ghost I'll be going for a D780. And if that camera turns out to be Nikon's last small DSLR I might stock up on them to see me out!
You don't want to move to z5,6 or 7?

You don't want to move to z5,6 or 7?
Nope.

A Z50 with the kit lens might appeal as a light/compact knockabout camera, but the others don't. The only feature they have which I would like is the liveview capabilities, and I understand the D780 has those.

Never an easy camera to put down.... I tested a 75-300mm AF-P lens - couldn't quite believe it 1/13th f9.0 ISO 500 handheld :)

Flowery Colours
by Barry Cant, on Flickr

So I finished shooting professionally last year and sold a load of kit but kept hold of a D750 and a 35mm as I thought I could live with just that (okay I kept my 50mm 1.8D as well as it wasn't worth selling). Well it turns out I was wrong, I've been missing my 85mm dearly so last week I found a nice deal on an 85 1.8G that I couldn't resist. After a little calibration it was all ready to go :D

Sunday Walk by Andrew Roberts, on Flickr

So I finished shooting professionally last year and sold a load of kit but kept hold of a D750 and a 35mm as I thought I could live with just that (okay I kept my 50mm 1.8D as well as it wasn't worth selling). Well it turns out I was wrong, I've been missing my 85mm dearly so last week I found a nice deal on an 85 1.8G that I couldn't resist. After a little calibration it was all ready to go :D

Sunday Walk by Andrew Roberts, on Flickr

Nice and sharp with a beautiful model too.

I do have the itch to change, but for some reason I think it may be best to spend the money on a lens. Thinking about the 70-200 f2.8, don’t need the latest one so may be will look for a used vr or v2.

Nice and sharp with a beautiful model too.

I do have the itch to change, but for some reason I think it may be best to spend the money on a lens. Thinking about the 70-200 f2.8, don’t need the latest one so may be will look for a used vr or v2.

Thanks! Yes it certainly seems to be a good little performer, it needed a little adjustment as it seemed a little off out of the box but it was relatively pain free :)

I was thinking the same about the change, but when it boiled down to it I would just end up with something remarkably similar but with a hole in my bank account so went for a bargain 85 instead. It was Sony mirrorless that I was looking at, bargain lenses don’t really seem to exist on the mirrorless though so stuck with that I had, I’m pleased I did :D

Thanks! Yes it certainly seems to be a good little performer, it needed a little adjustment as it seemed a little off out of the box but it was relatively pain free :)

I was thinking the same about the change, but when it boiled down to it I would just end up with something remarkably similar but with a hole in my bank account so went for a bargain 85 instead. It was Sony mirrorless that I was looking at, bargain lenses don’t really seem to exist on the mirrorless though so stuck with that I had, I’m pleased I did :D

This is a big sticking point with me, whereas as we all know there are some fantastic bargains out there for DSLR lenses.

This is a big sticking point with me, whereas as we all know there are some fantastic bargains out there for DSLR lenses.

Definitely, I think getting bargains for mirrorless tends to be a case of adapting something else, which is fine but can come with its own problems. I’m not averse to using manual focus on an old adapted lens but I’d never have anything of my daughter in focus, she’s way too quick for me to keep up :LOL:

Definitely, I think getting bargains for mirrorless tends to be a case of adapting something else, which is fine but can come with its own problems. I’m not averse to using manual focus on an old adapted lens but I’d never have anything of my daughter in focus, she’s way too quick for me to keep up :LOL:
Not exactly true, canon provides native AF for EF lenses, AFAIK Nikons adapter also performs well and the Sonys sigma mc11 combo while not as fast and not perfect with all lenses, is not completely useless and they have quite a few cheap third party options available.

Before lockdown I had hired a Kingfisher hide for the day, but this was cancelled due to flooding. I managed to reorganise this once we were back out of lockdown, but a film crew disturbed the Kingfishers so I went to shoot Little Owls instead. I hired a Nikon 400mm f2.8 AF-S E FL ED lens for this fun, which was astonishing!!

[/url
][url=https://flic.kr/p/2jvdG18]Knepp Little Owl
by S8, on Flickr

Morning All,

What bag do you use for d750 with a 70-200 2.8 attached?

Thank you

Blimey, is it reallt August when anyone last posted here? Shame on us (and me). Let's try this for starters
Rhino & Baby.jpg
Mother and baby rhino at Chester Zoo

Squirrel_3 16x9.jpg
Grey squirrel sat on our garden fence

Second Severn Crossing.jpg
Prince of Wales Bridge over the River Severn

@gman , Shot in raw then converted to jpeg

Last edited:
Nice. I'm not sure if it's a processing style you have gone with or if there's still a little more wriggle room in post to get even more out of this?

Thanks, it's had very little processing in LR, mostly just cropped and converted to JPEG. I'll go back to it at sometime and see what more I can get out of it.

Nice shot.
Are you a traveller or static in France, I`m in the 83 dept.

We moved here about 3 years ago, dept 22, Cotes d'Armor

Thanks, it's had very little processing in LR, mostly just cropped and converted to JPEG. I'll go back to it at sometime and see what more I can get out of it.

We moved here about 3 years ago, dept 22, Cotes d'Armor
Nice one, I spent 10 days there about 12 years ago, lovely place.

Nice one, I spent 10 days there about 12 years ago, lovely place.
It’s about 1 1/2 hour drive from us, we have a camping car so it’s good to spend time there on our way back and forth to the UK. Lots of good cycling.

Just been going through some pics from before lockdown. Hopefully we can start the club again before Christmas...
Ari by Ken Dunton, on Flickr

Good Afternoon All,

Not used my camera for a while and will have to get it out soon and have a play. Glad to see you all still using your D750 and posting excellent pictures.

ISO 20,000. It's fuzzy in places because the window was misting up.

_7513147.jpg

A few from me from the last year or so
1. DSC_0702 by Colin Freeman, on Flickr

2. DSC_0974 by Colin Freeman, on Flickr

3. DSC_1085 by Colin Freeman, on Flickr

4. DSC_3897 by Colin Freeman, on Flickr

5. DSC_3994 by Colin Freeman, on Flickr

6. DSC_4026 by Colin Freeman, on Flickr

7. DSC_4833 by Colin Freeman, on Flickr

8. DSC_4809 by Colin Freeman, on Flickr

The first one (B&W) is incredibly striking, the contrast and lines create a very mesmerising scene. Strangely, despite being what may be a rather common shot, I really like the last one with the leaves. The wide range of colour shades and tones along with the crisp sharpness makes it a very pleasing photo to look at.

The first one (B&W) is incredibly striking, the contrast and lines create a very mesmerising scene. Strangely, despite being what may be a rather common shot, I really like the last one with the leaves. The wide range of colour shades and tones along with the crisp sharpness makes it a very pleasing photo to look at.

Thank you, I am generally rubbish at capturing autumn but managed a couple of shots recently that came out ok for a change

Back