Nikon F601 or F80??

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm looking at updating my film camera from my well loved spotmatic to a Nikon so I can share lenses with my D200. I'm not well clued up but have been looking at the f601 and f80 (or maybe even an f90) on fleabay.

Are there many differences functionality-wise? or can one be said to be miles better than the other?

Thanks in advance

Paul

I'd have to say get an F90 if you can. I used one as back up for my F4, and a lot of pros took it into use. The AF was significantly faster than the F4 and it had a great build quality. You see references to the F90 Pro but all that means is you've added the power grip, so a bit of a nonsense really, but it's a chunky nice package to hold with the grip.

If any of your lenses are G-type would they work on the F601?

:shrug:I don't know but it some thing someone else may be able to answer.

no g-type lenses, but i think i've made my mind up already. After some more delving, it seems the 601, albeit a sturdy piece of kit, is noisy with slow AF and the back is prone to breaking. The f90 on the other hand seems to be bulletproof and noone has a bad thing to say about it....decision made!!!!

now just to find a good deal

FfordesHave quite a selection. Didn't realise F90's had fallen in price quite so much:eek:

The F90 was a bit of a dog, the F90x doesn't have the annoying beeper, 1/3 stop shutter increments, 25% faster autofocus and better battery efficiency.

I have an itch that needs scratching.

Is the 90x a better model than this?

http://www.mir.SPAM/rb/photography/companies/nikon/htmls/models/htmls/Nikonf801sN8008s.htm

Sorry if it is a daft question, but I don`t know the answer.

cheers

I have a mint silver F60 you can have for £25 delivered if it's any use

Is the 90x a better model than this?

The F90(x) replaced these..... having said that it is a sturdy workhorse! Still got mine .... and the MF21 back :)

Thanks guys.

The F60 is not really what I want, thanks all the same for the offer mate.......(y)

F90x is still a fantastic camera and cheaper than a night out. It's a no brainer really. I think, from memory, the 601 and 801 range were upstaged by the F series.

As tempting as it was, I couldn't really stretch to an F90(X). Especially as I only shoot film now and again.

That being the case, i've just bagged a mint F75 for £29. Although it's a bit on the plasticy side, i've read some good reviews on it and the fact that it takes AF-S and VR lenses is a big plus too :)

Back