Nikon Z* mirrorless

The Zf photos here look amazing. I recently went to Wex in Putney and have been looking at either getting the Somy A7CR or the Nikon Zf. I’m a Sony shooter (A7RIII) and don’t really care much about brands even though I’ve always had a soft spot for Nikons. I went into the shop hoping to like the it based on reviews i’ve seen. The grip is actually really good,the EVF is not as bad as people go on but the moment I held the Zf I was like “this is it”.

I have two questions; 1. Anyone regret going from a higher megapixel camera down to something like the Zf with 24? 24 is plenty but i’m really enjoying the 42 megapixels i have at the moment and 2. Anyone here with experience of using Sony lenses on the Zf or other Nikon bodies? My 35 1.4 and 50 1.2 GMs are just too good to let go especially looking at their side compared to Nikon’s. The adapters I’ve seen seem to work quite well? Would be great for a combo setup!
I think @trevorbray uses Sony lenses on his Zf.

The Zf photos here look amazing. I recently went to Wex in Putney and have been looking at either getting the Somy A7CR or the Nikon Zf. I’m a Sony shooter (A7RIII) and don’t really care much about brands even though I’ve always had a soft spot for Nikons. I went into the shop hoping to like the it based on reviews i’ve seen. The grip is actually really good,the EVF is not as bad as people go on but the moment I held the Zf I was like “this is it”.

I have two questions; 1. Anyone regret going from a higher megapixel camera down to something like the Zf with 24? 24 is plenty but i’m really enjoying the 42 megapixels i have at the moment and 2. Anyone here with experience of using Sony lenses on the Zf or other Nikon bodies? My 35 1.4 and 50 1.2 GMs are just too good to let go especially looking at their side compared to Nikon’s. The adapters I’ve seen seem to work quite well? Would be great for a combo setup!

I think @trevorbray uses Sony lenses on his Zf.
Yep. I’ve used the 50GM f1.2 and Sony fit Tamron 28-75 with the Megadap ETZ pro mk2. They work perfectly. But I’ve since let those lenses go. Still have the adapter as I also have a cheap Sammy 14mm in FE mount. Came very close to keeping my GM primes. Have some regrets. But wanna go native as much as possible.
Also, on the resolution front. I’ve got that covered with a Z8. Mostly because I’d like to assess it for action over my Olympus OM-1. Prefer to use smaller lenses on the Zf

Yep. I’ve used the 50GM f1.2 and Sony fit Tamron 28-75 with the Megadap ETZ pro mk2. They work perfectly. But I’ve since let those lenses go. Still have the adapter as I also have a cheap Sammy 14mm in FE mount. Came very close to keeping my GM primes. Have some regrets. But wanna go native as much as possible.
Also, on the resolution front. I’ve got that covered with a Z8. Mostly because I’d like to assess it for action over my Olympus OM-1. Prefer to use smaller lenses on the Zf
Thanks for the response! Great to hear someone went through a similar situation and it makes sense regarding going with native lenses But it’s good to know that the Megadap adapter works well, it’s the exact one I’ve been looking at.

The Z8 screen is probably the best one around from a photographer‘s perspective and it looks like a beast! Figuratively and physically, it’s a big one!

Back