Nikon Z6 and Z7 mirrorless

Edit My Images
Yes
I don't think it does annoyingly. It's probably a carry over from the DSLRs where you had the drive dial on top of the cameras and so wasn't part of the user settings. No reason they couldn't add it to the user settings now though, maybe it's worth contacting Nikon as a feature enhancement?

On other news it looks at though the 85mm f1.8 Z is finally announced, pre-orders £799 :oops: :$
It also looks to be one hell of a lens if MTFs are to be believed. It says shipping in September....we'll see soon enough :)

Edit My Images
No
It also looks to be one hell of a lens if MTFs are to be believed. It says shipping in September....we'll see soon enough :)
I'll take your word for it, I still can't get my head around those charts ;)

Edit: Just revisited a "how to read MTF" page and I think this time it's finally making sense ;) So if I'm right, according to the MTF the new 85mm has superb contrast and sharpness across most of the frame, very little in the way of distortion and well controlled astigmatism and CA?

Last edited:
Edit My Images
No
Name
Stephen
Edit My Images
Yes
I don't think it does annoyingly. It's probably a carry over from the DSLRs where you had the drive dial on top of the cameras and so wasn't part of the user settings. No reason they couldn't add it to the user settings now though, maybe it's worth contacting Nikon as a feature enhancement?

On other news it looks at though the 85mm f1.8 Z is finally announced, pre-orders £799 :oops: :$
Grrr. Another thing for me to try to remember.

The 85mm is just that bit short to encourage me to drop my 70-300 in its favour. Not unreasonably priced considering other Z lenses, though.

Edit My Images
No
Getting the GAS itch again so wanted to check in with the Z6 community and see if you are all still happy with the camera and lenses. Did the FW update bring about the promised improvements in AF speed and accuracy? Particularly interested in hearing from any ex-Fuji users about your experience and if you'd still make the switch having used both systems for a while.

Thanks in advance

Dave

Name
Trevor
Edit My Images
Yes
Getting the GAS itch again so wanted to check in with the Z6 community and see if you are all still happy with the camera and lenses. Did the FW update bring about the promised improvements in AF speed and accuracy? Particularly interested in hearing from any ex-Fuji users about your experience and if you'd still make the switch having used both systems for a while.

Thanks in advance

Dave
Actually out today shooting the Z and Fuji X-H1
Both terrific cameras, very happy to have the Z and would buy it again.
I thought that for my uses the focus was ok before the update.
Tried the Eye af, probably don't really know what to expect, not really bothered to much shooting people except a vey small Granddaughter who at the moment is pretty stationary.

Name
Stephen
Edit My Images
Yes

Thanks in advance

Dave
Still happy. An improvement from the X-H1 for me, as images just seem "crisper". Maybe the X-T3 would have made up for that deficit, but then I would lose the IBIS. TBH the firmware made not a jot of difference to me, but then I thought it was fine anyway. I don't tend to shoot a) things with pulses and b) things which move faster than me.

Edit My Images
No
Need to get this thread back on the front page.
Out today with the 35mm

Bronzed.jpg
by Trevor, on Flickr

DSC_2660.jpg
by Trevor, on Flickr

DSC_2661.jpg
by Trevor, on Flickr

DSC_2647.jpg
by Trevor, on Flickr
Nice, looks like there were some cracking bikes out. Where was this? Taken some bikes out for test rides this week as looking to get back into it, just need to find a money tree now ;)

Thanks in advance

Dave
More than happy with my Z7. I don't use it for sports or wildlife though, but it's exceeded my expectations.

Edit My Images
No
@snerkler

Newlands Corner Guildford

Seems to be a bit of a Bikers meeting point on a Sunny Sunday morning.
Cool. We have similar places up here, Matlock Bath probably being the most 'famous' (y)