Nikon Z* mirrorless

I think this focal length makes a lot of sense if you already have the 24-70. You can easily reframe or crop up to 95 and then you get 300 at f4 instead of the usual stop or more slower with a consumer zoom or alternatively extra cost and weight. In the meantime, the 70-300 AF-P is fine.

The 65mm f1.8 is a bit of a mystery --- has to be a macro, surely?

I was going to say the only thing that seems missing is a macro lens.

(And of course long Tele lenses but they are normally the last ones to come)

Well I'm looking at getting a Z7 very soon.

Looking at getting the kit with the adapter and kit lens as I already shoot Nikon.

I will probably use Panamoz again like I did for my D750 for the kit but I was also looking at the 35 mm and 50 mm lenses but they are cheaper to buy form the UK :jawdrop::thinking:
you should look at e-finity there prices are good

you should look at e-finity there prices are good
I think prices swing between Panamoz and E-Infin. When I got mine, Panamoz was cheapest - in fact E-Infin couldn’t’ quote. But when I wanted the 14-30, E-Infin was cheapest. Shop around.

I think prices swing between Panamoz and E-Infin. When I got mine, Panamoz was cheapest - in fact E-Infin couldn’t’ quote. But when I wanted the 14-30, E-Infin was cheapest. Shop around.

I've just ordered the Z6 kit plus the 14-30 from E-Infinity. They were way cheaper than Panamoz plus they had stock of XQD cards and the Sony reader. In the days before ordered the kit rose in price by a tenner and then after I ordered the price of the 14-30 dropped by forty quid! You pays your money...

A "chocolate box" image of Grasmere from Loughrigg terrace. I've never seen the Lakes so busy in September.

From Loughrigg terrace by Peter Stephens, on Flickr

Nice shot! I was in the Grasmere area a good 12 years ago and with my first interchangeable lens digital camera, the by contemporary standards, mediocre Olympus E-500 (soon to be replaced by the Nikon D200 and 700), I took this among others. Doesn't look much like Grasmere to me but do you happen to know where it might have been taken from as I no longer remember?

P5171081.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Sweet ride Toby.
Thanks, I’m dead chuffed.
I never got my motorcycle licence but am always jealous when someone posts photos like these :)
I’ve had a seven year break and am really happy to be back in the saddle. Never thought I’d buy a Harley though, must be an age thing ;)

Nice shot! I was in the Grasmere area a good 12 years ago and with my first interchangeable lens digital camera, the by contemporary standards, mediocre Olympus E-500 (soon to be replaced by the Nikon D200 and 700), I took this among others. Doesn't look much like Grasmere to me but do you happen to know where it might have been taken from as I no longer remember?

View attachment 254688

I'm not sure. It appears to be overlooking Lake Windermere, form the western side, bu I don't know where.

In the meantime, here is one from today (I'm still having trouble with these greens. In reality they were very bright). From Orrest Head looking East.

Orrest Head looking East by Peter Stephens, on Flickr

Windermere does seem more likely to me as well, though I have an idea we stayed at Grasmere. Your greens don't seem that far off to me for the time of year and I like the sky but of course it all depends which software/preset you're using?

Ended up on camera neutral on this one (LR).
Might be from near the top of Loughrigg fell which can be accessed from Grasmere. But I'm far from sure.

"Toy" :D A toy to me is like a cheap new lens - very nice bike, looks comfy :)
That’s why I put it in inverted commas ;)

It is a comfy bike, although strangely not a lot of leg room for tall folk like myself. I have the tallboy seat fitted which sits you further back, and am planning on adding a couple of inches height to the seat as well. Should be good for endless rides then (y)

That’s why I put it in inverted commas ;)

It is a comfy bike, although strangely not a lot of leg room for tall folk like myself. I have the tallboy seat fitted which sits you further back, and am planning on adding a couple of inches height to the seat as well. Should be good for endless rides then (y)

Enjoy, looks like fun :) Me, I'll stick to me push bike :D

Lovely wheels Toby..! What cc is that huge V twin then..? Very nice indeed.....plenty of polishing required for that beast. I've been riding bikes around 38+ years myself and still doing it.

Ride safe.

Peter
Thanks Peter. It’s a 1745cc. The dealership actually advised my not to polish the chrome as the polishes wear the coating away, says it just needs cleaning :oops: :$

What do you currently ride?

The most interesting photos for me are the earliest where you managed to capture some gorgeous light (ie bad weather) very effectively.
Thanks.

I ride this, 11 year old Suzuki V-Strom DL1000, bought new in 2008 and still own it. Been to Europe on it. It ticks all the boxes for me, a few upgrades here and there.

Glen Quaich - Scotland by APM Photography, on Flickr

Peter
Great all rounder that. I used to have Adventure bikes (BMW GS, Triumph Tiger 1050 and BMW GS Adventure) and always said if I was going to get back into biking I'd get another, not only are they so versatile but being 6'4" they're the only bikes that fit me properly. I never thought I'd end up with a Harley, never a bike I'd contemplated before but have always be 'intrigued'. It's mainly my wife's fault, she said IF she was going to get on the back of a bike she didn't like the idea of being sat up high and liked the idea of a Harley ;)

85mm f1.8 S is now £713 at amazon
I've cancelled and re ordered twice now.
It's strange, but many of the S lenses went down in price a few months after the release...I will wait and see if I fancy it...my main interest is the upcoming 70-200

Back